Split tongue

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Nausicaaa, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Nausicaaa

Nausicaaa Guest

I live in Illinois, its illegal here. Has anyone ever had a split tongue? I would love to get it done, but would like to know the consequences and any problems I would end up with.

2. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

hey dude, welcome to HF :)

You can split your own tongue by getting a tongue piercing in the middle of your tongue then wrapping dental floss around it really tight and squeeze it against the tip of your tongue so that it rips. It takes about a month to finally get through your tongue and it's painful and you will have a lisp the entire time. Definitely use anbesol to numb your tongue the entire time. I've seen this method work for multiple people, and I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't know it to work and be safe. (well, it's safe if you don't have any veins running where you want to pierce or split) My friend learned this method from the lizard man on ripley's :)

3. addictedt0chaos

addictedt0chaos Lunar Dreadlocks

um.. Don't do this procedure yourself. My friend got hers done at our shop a few years ago but they had to have a special 'piercer' to come in and do it. He did the cutting while two other piercers held her tongue on either side while it was cut and sutured up. There was a lot of blood and you wouldn't be able to see what you were doing if you did it yourself. Def just do some research on some possible piercers outside your state that specialize in tongue splitting.

Hers healed up just fine and didn't have any problems that I'm aware of.

4. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

yeah that would be nice but it costs an assload of money and is illegal where OP lives AND requires multiple procedures so even if OP took a trip outside of the state they would have to go back to the same shop again and again until their tongue stops closing up

you will get a cooler more snake-like split if it's done professionally, but it will hurt a lot more and require you to take several trips out of your state. Regardless of the method used you'll have the same dexterity and be able to move both sides of the split in two different directions

5. addictedt0chaos

addictedt0chaos Lunar Dreadlocks

It's also safer and would only take one trip. Considering your tongue is kind of important, I think getting it done the right way is worth the little extra trouble. Also, a professional will more then likely give you a shot to numb your tongue while they do it so it's not as painful.

:)

1 person likes this.
  6. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I don't know anything about this, but I'm rather fond of my tongue, personally... If you're getting it done, get it done right.

7. Rockyroad

Rockyroad Guest

You also lisp slighty after it heals. But you can still speak understandably. Be prepared for almost violent reactions from some people though.

8. lynzxx

lynzxx Senior Member

illegal?? ha thats mad...

i dont know do some research.. i wouldnt do it myself, i would definatley go to a professional.. i know you said its illegal but ask a piercer who used to do it??... ask advice..

i advise against doing it yourself tho.

9. ohm~with~your~chi

ohm~with~your~chi Member

oh man.... no offense to anyone, but i seriously almost lost my noodles reading this post lmao.

i am SO not that brave!!

10. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

ive been wanting to get my tongue split for years...anyone know somewhere in southeastern usa i can get it done? anyody know how much it cost?

11. Amyoxl

Amyoxl Member

Split your dick while you're at it.

12. Snake girl

Snake girl Visitor

Brian decker, nyc. Hands down.

13. 8Mia8

8Mia8 Members

Is this procedure still illegal in Illinois? Just curous as I think we should be able to do what we want with our bodies.

14. LostbutSearching

LostbutSearching Members

I am hoping to get my tongue split as well, contact a travelling body modification artist. Samppa VonCyborg is an asshole who thinks he's the best in the world but he does travel around the states and probably is your best shot. If you can come up to Canada get Russ Foxx to do it.