Why not just do drugs...

Discussion in 'Hedonism' started by BeSoGone, Nov 16, 2010.

1. jewishnazi

jewishnazi Member

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

2. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I eventually decided its worth the inherit risks because I'm not willing to risk my health or quality of life.... you've got only one life; live it.

3. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

well that,s what i thought too, why not just do drugs. what else ya do wit em?
    i followed this kind of thinking for way to many years. it,s to expeniseve.
    then i started growing to try an keep up with it. lol hope all states go legal soon.

4. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

It is. it is: reality is for the concept of liberating the values about justice that aren't merely war but further working for the goaled sickness...

That is Plato's view, but not the view of improvement in the justice system for All.

5. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I don't do drugs.. I am drugs. :)

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Whatever sounds better to you :p

7. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I'm a druggie;)

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

simple answer there, not so much against recreational chemistry itself, so much as what people seem to expect from it. long answer short: no gratification there.

and to answer another cute trite saying: reality is what is still there, even when there are no people to witness it.

9. gentledove

gentledove Members

There is a concept in Hedonism called Second Order Desires. If you want to be generous, you have a desire to want to give. I think this factors into drugs somehow, but I would have to reflect more.

10. HipFashion

HipFashion Members

Nobody analyzes what it is about a high that is so attractive? Is it your worries going away? Is it the mood elevation making you feel powerful or invincible? Is it the rush getting rid of your boredom?

You can't die. You can be blown into a million pieces, and you'll be reborn. There is no reason to worry at all about anything. There is nothing that can really hurt you. The boogeyman is about as scary as a little kitten once you realize this. The worries going through your head, they are not yours. You just keep tensing up and giving them significance.

If you need a rush, then there are plenty of ways to get one that don't cost money. Even getting pissed off works, and that's easy in today's world.

Another thing wrong with drugs is, they are boring. Life is infinitely complex, but drugs act predictably.