Do you feel the effects of Brainwash?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Damnation, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Damnation

Damnation Guest

Doesn't it seem like everyone with an opinion these days is only one way or another?

Hardly anyone is forming their own ideas about anything anymore.

I feel like all the things people see in movies and accept as the word are now starting to sink in.

The only people who even make an IOTA of sense to me anymore are older people or people my age that don't watch TV or moreover, TV Commercials, and the news and that fucking MTV which is so dandy to watch, but curdles the mind. *first hand experience*

I feel like I've just recovered from a hangover that everyone collectively shares. Why?

Everything we watch on TV makes us want to Drink or Eat or Smoke, whether we realize it or not. Next time you get a craving, try figuring out what started it.

Does ANYone else feel this way?

p.s. I'm a contributing member of society and consider myself a humanitarian. I don't have any felonies under my name and I've never been considered unbalanced.

Dude111 likes this.
  2. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

I have witnessed the effects of media mindreading first hand. Every time I have a crazy out there thought that seems highly unlikely someone else ever thought the same thing, I see my idea on tv within a week.

There is a show on tv right now that raped my mind of all the personal in-jokes I have with my friends and used them for the show. If I sat down and pointed them out to someone I could probably show them at least 50 examples of what I mean in this one show.

3. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I hate MTV with a passion. Jersey Shore can suck it! So can all this real life road rules crap. Whatever happened to the programs that were at least entertaining while you forcefully let your brain just rot away... like Jackass? Playing that 24/7 would be a hell of a lot better than pft... "Jersey Shore." And to top it off, Fuse is supposedly the rock-riddled music video channel, when, just the other day I saw a Lady Gaga marathon. You know what? She... if she is a she... well, maybe I won't say she can suck it, but she can get her ass on somewhere and off my TV. I don't even want to see her or this Justin Beiber character on my station guide. GOD, what do people see in this crap? Do they really believe these bunch of whiney sods are actually creating "music?" All I'd have to do is grab my guitar and say "Hey, watch this" and I'd blow their new-fangled emo-pop out of the water. Now that I'm thinking about it... I heard this joke the other day on Comedy Central Stand-Up (Hey, there's something actually worth watching... sometimes! Careful tho, you turn on Comedy Central at 3 in the morning and it's so retarded, you're mind is melting brain cells so fast you won't even be able to change the channel. Like, "omg, I can't change the channel NOW! What are these dumbasses going to do next?!" lol) Anyways, onto the joke...

"You know why rappers hold their crotch when they're rappin?
    Because they don't play any instruments!!"

:smilielol5: I thought that was hilarious. Could be stereotypical if you take it the wrong way, but none-the-less, hilarious. On further examination, the joke was done by Sam Kinnison, and Ice Cube got a kick out of it ROFL.

"Does you're vacuum have the proper amount of suction?" --Craig Ferguson :biggrinjester:

Oh noooooo! Not the Sham-Wow commercials!

4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Brainwashing affects ppl with weak minds i have noticed....

I am glad i am WELL AWAKE and can think for myself :)

5. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

You'd be surprised, a lot of choices are made for people that they just blindly go with and never question just because it's the norm.

Like "oh I have to go shower before I meet up with my friends" when you're about to go meet up to roll around in the dirt so there's really no point in showering until you get back. Or that it's impolite to burp or fart. Or that most people comb their hair.

If we hadn't had someone tell us all of these things I seriously doubt we would have come up with them on our own.

Dude111 likes this.
  6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

After I read about a billion comics, I did end up developing a taste for cosplay.
    [​IMG]
    Am I brainwashed?

7. SmashinDumplins

SmashinDumplins Member

Well, I do find myself yelling at the TV like an angry, senile, old man more and more often.

8. Kista

Kista Member

Depends on the person. I know a few would believe the tiniest thing they saw on TV or hear from their peers. This is such a strong pet peeve of mine, no opinon of their own but "I heard this.. so this is my choice based on their opinon"
    Then there are some who couldnt care less, and just watch TV for entertainment purposes.

I dont watch Tv that shows MTV, or anything similar of that crap, talk shows are out too. I prefer to sit to comedys, season shows, history and discovery channel.

9. Dude111

Nope and anyone who does is looked at wierd......

Everyone has been programmed to be docile robots for the elite... EASY CONTROL OF THE MASSES .... It IS scary!!

10. parua

parua Members

The Brady Bunch pretty much fucked my life.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah I probably do whether I like it or not but I'm going to reply as realistic as I can in this post.

I'm influenced by a lot and I'm sure my influences effect my way of thinking and how I approach things etc. It's not something I feel I need to be embarrassed about, but I also can feel myself siding toward something I'm heavily influenced in. I wouldn't say I'm brain washed, I consider myself quite open minded in many regards and also closed minded in other regards.

12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

There is only one American TV show with the fucking balls to tell it like it is, and they only do 10 episodes a year.

13. The facts of life

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Echo chambers and confirmation bias are major issues right now. People are not willing to hear new information. In that way anyone in the western world could become brainwashed. Personally, I don't think I am but that is what one would say who is.

Dude111 likes this.
  15. Dude111

Probably wont stay on long then..... When Vesse Ventura started his conspiracy show HE TOLD IT LIKE IT WAS ALSO and the next season of his show was HORRIBLE!! (He didnt cover anything good like they threatend him to back off)

16. Mainstream media...I can't bear it. Total brainwash.

Dude111 likes this.