80% Of TV Viewing Still In Standard Definition

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Dude111, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

www.dslreports.com/shownews/111326

I am one of them!!

I think HD is garbage!!

Im happy with watching standard Def tv that i have been for years! (Preferebly on a CRT set which produces a BETTER picture (Always has))

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i am always a decade behind every one else...I still have windows 2000.....my main TV is at least 13 years old and definitely NOT hd

Dude111 likes this.
  3. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

well that is not news to me.
    several months back, consumers reports related, that from their test results from the 1940's down to today, that in the 1950's the picture quality of television, was at it's hight.

i can't say i can confirm this though. i'm old enough to remember in my early years having a television with a round screen and, i'm quite sure it was a philco brand name at home.
    you sure as all hell can't find a tv with a round screen nor, do i think philco is still around either.

4. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

while hd looks good, it looks TOO good.

I don't want whats on the tv to look better than what I would see if I went outside

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I don't think HD looks all that much better really. And sometimes it's just too bright and vibrant looking.

Dude111 likes this.
  6. raz5

raz5 زینب

hd isn't GARBAGE but it is the highest of overrated.

7. OhSoDreadful

idk, scary movies just aren't scary for me in HD...I crave the old crackly fuzzy scary movies :/

Cartoons are cool in hd, but everything else seems to look too real and therefor fake

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

ive noticed that there is a difference with the volume.. Some shows may have been formatted to HD, but the sound track is still garbage and causing some hum when commercials are played... Actually commercials might have me bust every set in the house sooner or later..

i liked when tv sets were $150.00 I could bust one, least once a year. now Its a little more costly..

9. OhSoDreadful

Yeah I don't think most channels have their commercials in hd...god, I'll be stuck eating fast food for the rest of my life if they put taco bell commercials in hd

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

that hum is annoying.. even more so annoying with free digital broadcast.

11. OhSoDreadful

I've never heard it...hmm, I'll see if I can find a clip of the sound you are talking about isolated

but even if I heard it I'd still be more pissed about the dramatic increase in volume whenever there is a commercial and I am forced to keep turning the volume up and down to account for it

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

let me see if I can explain how i hear it... my audio is channeled to a speaker system, when using the antenna digital. once the commercial comes on. my guess is, that a part that signal is analog there is a buzzing sound just as certain commercials come on. It could be that the signal strength is stronger, I know about the loud volume but this buzz is not in associated with volume, at low volume the buzz is still present..
    Digital signals are bullshit modified analog signals.. who are they shitting?...

13. Yergl

Yergl Member

80% of us are poor. I don't feel so alone!

14. Kista

Kista Member

I do notice a difference in the HD, I have some channels in HD, and some in normal. Even though there is a difference, I wouldn't care if HD was wiped out. I do like my movies and games in HD... That I notice, espically movies do the screen settings. But overall it doesnt that much matter.

15. SmashinDumplins

SmashinDumplins Member

I'm 99% sure Microsoft ended the support for Win 2000 eh. Your computer might be at risk. Just a heads up. :)