The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'TV' started by dabla, Nov 1, 2010.

1. dabla

dabla Member

Anyone seen this on amc? I watched the pilot last night, its pretty kick ass:2thumbsup:

Its a generic zombie plot so far but thats all you need. I want to watch a zombie Apocalypse and this gives me what I want. The main characters aren't too bright witch is essential so you can always criticize what there doin. "What the hell are they thinkin? Thats completely retarded. I would do it like this."..etc...etc

Not to say it doesn't have some interesting plot points so far. The part underneath and inside the tank was awesome.

So what do you all think of it? You gotta be a "zombie-apocalypse-survivalist nut" to like it?

2. Psilo_Cybin

Psilo_Cybin Member

no, but if there is anyway to view it online id be more than interested to check it out

3. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

IT SUCKS!:mad:

i recoreded it last night and, saw it today.
    WHAT A LOAD OF HORSESHIT!

i have been reading the walking dead graphic novels from the beginning.
    THEY ARE KICK ASS HOT SHIT!:cheers2:

that tv pilot in only a very, very, very, vague sort of way was anthing like the graphic novels.

robert kirkman (the creator of the walking dead graphic novels.)
    feared this might be just the sort of thing that would happen, if the walking dead was made into a tv series.

i know that kirkman says, he wants to take the walking dead in to a continuous nc-17 animation series based on his graphic novels; which are nc-17 also.

that tv version of the walking dead is a pg crock of shit that stinkth!:puke:

skip this tv piece of shit!
    get hold of the graphic novels. if you read those, you will understand why i rant, rave, and whine like i do aganist this tv series!

oh, by the way, if i had never read the graphic novels, before seeing the tv series... i would have nicer things to say about the tv series

4. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Not having read the comics I will back that up by saying it wasnt too shabby of a job for such a big step in the Zombie genre as going to weekly series format. The makeup is good, effects are decent, the crawling corpse without legs, great. The blood effect on the shot to it's head, not so great. Adding the effect of shell shock when he fired the gun off in the tank gets a plus as well.

But I will say it pissed me off to no end at the end when the Zombies took down the Horse, they didn't need to make me watch that shit, I'd rather see them eating on people than Horses and such.

Another big puzzling question, why the fuck did anyone think it a good idea to open the hatch of that tank in the first place??

And in Zombie movies, when the Protagonist has only one dependable vehicle to get him safely away, why must they always drive like batshit mad?? (This is more a question of any Zombie movie with a moving vehicle in it than specific to the series. So,,, sorry,,, :juggle: )

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Generic zombie plot?!

That show had character development like a mother fucker.

Robert Kirkman is the executive producer, jackass.
    And he was personally promoting it at ComicCon, and from what he was saying it sounded as if he has quite a bit of creative influence over the show.

Funnily enough, I am a major comics fan, but haven't quite gotten around to this one yet (and now I really, really wanna)

Also, he is still making the motion comics (which is awesome, cause they are comics that you can share easily =D); they had the first one on Comcast's OnDemand to promote the show.

Come to think of it, I can only think of a couple movies/shows that were as good as the comics, Superman Returns, the Mask, Batman Forever, Batman Begins are the only ones I can think of off hand...

6. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

This show is awesome I just watched the 5th episode a few days ago... :2thumbsup:

7. amicalish

amicalish Member

I saw the entire show, it's awesome!
    :2thumbsup:

8. Fornication

Fornication Guest

If anybody has links to watch the shows online that'd be cool.

9. amicalish

amicalish Member

I have a link to download it, but with spanish subtitles :p

10. BongoBo

BongoBo Guest

Have to say I thought it was pretty cool, albeit a total rip off of 28 Days later in the beginning. Maybe a tad predictable in places too. However as a light hearted bit of Zombie fun, it was all good.

11. Puddloflaj18

Puddloflaj18 Guest

I thought it was alright, needs more Zombie Killing though.
    Can't wait for the next season to come out , have to watch these things through to the end!
    LOVE ZOMBIE SCHTUFF

12. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

I watched the entire season when it originally came on last year I think it was. I loved it so much that I hope they continue to make it.

13. claymation

claymation Member

I think they left it kinda open ended with the survivors fleeing the burning "redoubt" in their vehicles. I too hope to see another season. I mean we have to know what happens to them.:2thumbsup:

14. C_A_Hook

C_A_Hook Guest

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE anything to do with Zombies, or "infected" Zombie-like-people. I had high hopes for this show. It started off good, but got slow and stagnent as the season went on. I will still watch, but it's been a bit of a disappointment. Or maybe my hopes were too high. AMC has some damn good shows to their credit.

15. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I love this show! My only hope is that for the second season and every season after we get 1. - more episodes, and 2. - don't have to wait so long between seasons. I want to know what Dr Jenner whispered in Rick Grimes ear NOW, dammit! :D

16. FritzDaKatx2

2nd Season starts 8pm Central time, after they rerun last season starting at 1:30, right after they show "Christine".

Stocked up on chips & salsa & weed and about to make two big trays of brownies.

:lurk5:

17. FritzDaKatx2

Iz ons now111

:willy_nilly:

18. O.W.L

O.W.L Member

I enjoy this show....can't friggin believe what happened at the end of the premiere!!! AH!
    Don't worry I wont ruin it!

19. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

I just found this on netflix and I'm on the fourth episode. Good stuff. I love the idea of having an entire show's worth of content following a group of survivors, as opposed to being limited to the length of a movie. I have high hopes for this zombie survival story medium.

20. Kebbler

Kebbler Member

This is one of my favourite shows my far. The plot is simple and straight forward. The characters are deep and well-developed. There is plenty of suspense and drama. The makeup is amazing. I am very impressed with the show so far, though I have noticed the pace has been slowing substantially, not sure if that's good or bad yet. I personally view the show not as standard zombie horror, but more as a drama, with the zombie apocalypse being its backdrop.

Although I'm currently only on volume 2 of the novel, I so far haven't really been that impressed with them. The script doesn't seem to be as well flushed, a lot of the dialogue is wordy and a lot of the characters speak in the same style. Rick is a lot less badass, feeling more like an average Joe than the perfect man to be stuck in a catastrophe with. Shane became too psychotic too quickly, yadda yadda yadda. I'm liking the books, but I feel the show does a lot of service to the source material and is overall a more complete package (keep in mind I may be full of shit if these issues are resolved in later volumes) With specifics to the scenes in the pilot, the tv show had a much better presentation, with me being disappointed when certain scenes were not included in the book. Such scenes include:

• Talk between Shane and Rick before being called to action.
    • Flower delivery by Shane.
    • The chained door with the arms sticking out (It was better not showing us the full walkers yet)
    • Having to navigate the stairs by matchlight
    • Finding the piles and piles of corpses with bullet holes in the head
    • Killing the police officer walker
    • The scene where he returns to the bike girl is better presented (and is strange in the book since he didnt kill the police officer)
    • Turning the gun on himself before finding the opening in the tank.
    • etc.
    Part of me is considering not reading the books anymore because I'm afraid they will spoil key moments for me and I'll regret it, especially if they are presented better in the show.

So yeah, amazing show. Ignore the naysayers and decide for yourself, at least give it a try.