What's your spirit animal?

Discussion in 'Animism' started by moretotheworld, Oct 27, 2010.

1. storch

storch banned

Rock smashes scissors; paper covers rock; scissors cuts paper; wolverine eats crow. :)

2. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

Not to say that I know because I'm no animist but if I had to guess I'd say a wolf or dog.

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

snake - i have had some say not to do this with snake and that with snake but can i choose? not really

4. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

Pretty neat - how did you find him? or get him, I mean.

5. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I think the bird found the man and not the other way around. Look at them. The bird is clearly the smart one !! (no offense but the little bastard has more intellect in his eyes )

my spirit animal is a color changing jellyfish that stings.. but you dont die from the poision. it just itches.. i just float around and get eaten by other animals. And the circle of life goes on and on :)

6. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

There is a ton of BS around spirit animals. For example I have heard many people try to tell people what their spirit animal is based on what their favorite animal is, or when they were born, or stuff like that. These people have never truly experienced the power of a spirit animal.

If someone tells you that the snake is a bad animal, tell them that they have no idea what they are talking about.

My stepdaughter was healed in the Philippines by a traditional healer whose spirit animal was a snake, and an eagle. And all he wanted in return for the amazing thing he did was a gift of tobacco.

7. Veebie

Veebie Member

Thylacine

[​IMG]

8. tastyweat

tastyweat Member

Mine's been changing shape... called him Leo, I've seen him as a giant leopard (4-6x the size of a normal one), an alien from aliens & lastly I saw him as a baby dragon, like the one from "how to train your dragon" film

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

A gift from the Goddess... One evening I said "I wish I had a baby crow to feed" because I heard the parents feeding the babies. The next morning Erin was there in the garden waiting for me. She's been with me ever since.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

11. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yesterday, i felt this spirit animal with me, in me, and around me....

[​IMG]

12. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Is the Genus or Species required? I like the Lizard or Iguana.

13. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

These spirit animals.. you only have one? I feel I have many.. ostrich, antelope, barn owl..

Is this meant to be something your relate to, or certain aspects that take from during your life of what? Seems useful

14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

you and a wild spirit beasty can be kind to one another , wild spirit human , of the same home .

15. tarotsailor

tarotsailor Members

I believe at birth it was a snake and now that it's an extinct cat that sometimes takes other cat forms.

16. Mountain Valley Wolf

You can have more than one spirit animal, and some people have different spirit animals at different times in their life from what I have heard. Your spirit animal does have things to teach you, and usually there will be aspects of your life/personality/psyche that will fit with that animal. Other spirit animals may come into your life in order to guide you through life changes or other things.

There are tribes that believe that if you do not pay attention to your spirit animal, then over time it may abandon you, and leave you at a disadvantage in life.

Also spirit animals can change shape---as tastyweat described---they can even come to you in human form----it is all about how your guardian or totemic spirit knows you can accept it. The species is important---but it could appear as a generic lizard, for example, if it thought you would accept it that way---or a cartoon or a fantasy animal. I think I wrote this previously in this thread, but I do believe that Christians, coming from a tradition of demonizing such beliefs, see their spirit animals as angels.

If you know how to communicate with your spirit animal then it can help you in amazing ways----I know that sounds like superstitious bs or New Age mumbo jumbo bs-----but it is amazing how it can help you, and what it can show you.

17. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

demonizing is but a missionary's ploy . traditional feelings relating to nature are ancient and enduring . even for
    all the hardships of christian assimilation , the big drum is still alive in the old Indian mission church .

1 person likes this.
  18. Mountain Valley Wolf

You are very right!

19. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

on dmt trips my guide was an enormous blue alien with gold jewlery and a golden staff! on one dmt trip it was roger from american dad lol. i think its cuz american dad was on in the background. other times it was a pair of indians.

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in one sense i would have to say all of them. because this isn't something you choose. its something that chooses you.

1 person likes this.