Seroquel XR quetiapine fumarate

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by HomeGrownIdeas, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Seroquel is unfortunately a drug that is way way way over prescribed in the states for so many things. For most of those problems they do pescribe a much lower dose, which is why it is more common to hear of people taking lower doses and 800mg may seem high to you. Although giving someone Seroquel for depression or sleeplessness is irresponsible imo, it can be really necessary for people with bipolar or schizophrenia, like my boyfriend, where higher doses are generally needed.

2. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

My god, 800mg? I remember years ago when I was buying hydrocodone off the street I got ripped off one night and I ended up with Seroquel. I took 3 right away (600mg), and within a half hour I knew I was in trouble. I looked them up on a pill identifier site (I know, I should have done that first), and they were 200mg Seroquels. I was in for a long night. It even made me trip, and not in a nice way. Shifting patterns, shit moving around on the wall, shimmering colored spots in my vision, etc. A heavy tranquilized feeling that made it hard to walk, lack of motivation to even get out of my chair, and worst of all a full-body feeling of RLS that lasted maybe 12 hours. It took 2 days to completely recover. Maybe it has a different effect on people who need it medically, but if you don't and you take it, you're in for a rough time.

1 person likes this.