Seroquel XR quetiapine fumarate

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by HomeGrownIdeas, Oct 14, 2010.

1. HomeGrownIdeas

HomeGrownIdeas Member

So I took seroquel when I was 16 for fun, a friend had a bunch and was just handing them out. Every time I took it back than I would pass out in like ten minutes or so no matter how hard I would try to stay up. Now I am prescribed 800mg a day. 400mg in the morning and 400mg at night. My doctor said he didn't want to give me such a large dose but I insisted, because I can't feel the shit. I mean I feel it but it doesn't knock me out at all. This is my fifth day on it..am I the only one who can stay awake on it? Anyone know why my body is reacting this way? I am also on 400mg of wellbutrin daily. 200mg in the morning and 200mg at night. I start taking temezepam in a day or two, as soon as I figure out my financial aid..

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

you are headed down a very dark path.. turn around before its to late..

3. HomeGrownIdeas

HomeGrownIdeas Member

Why's that? That disease you can get that Writer was talking about? If I ever have k again I will be more than happy to stop taking seroquel..

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

you are disrupting more areas of your brain than you realize, K then seroquel..

This like taking the train to the turnabout, and putting it on a new track without speaking to the dispatcher..

you have no idea where you are going..

5. HomeGrownIdeas

HomeGrownIdeas Member

damn, i took 950mg so far since this morning and now im going to get 800mg a day..hmm..i don't know..

6. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

aare you dead yet? 800 fucking milligrams of the worst drug ever created? fuck I tell kids to get off their 25mg doses, 100mg seems like a hellish pile of shit, 800mg must be the worst torture ever and you take ssris? What the fuck is wrong with you? Doctors usually jump to script seroquel because astrazeneca pays them lots of money for it, but even a doctor would be hesitant for 800mgs, that's enough to knock out an elephant and permanetly fuck up your brain functioning in a few days, as well as cause weight gain and diabetes fast. It would have this affect on anyone, even 25mg seroquel is a decent tranqulizer, 100mg knocks you the fuck out and makes you feel like a zombie, 400mg would knock out a fucking panther.

What the fuck? THe standard dose is 25-100mg, max 100mg, twice a day. This is messed up. How can you do this to yourself?

7. puffed up in my ford

puffed up in my ford Senior Member

y the fuck would you even want to mess with seroquel?!?!?! worst fuckin drug i have ever been precribed!!just the residue in the bottle will fuck me up so bad thaat my legs and feet wont stop moving,dont know who i am,where i am,cant stand up withouth falling over and ure as fuck couldnt piss on the side of a truck without pissing on myself.fuck that shit!!!!

8. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Dude I was on seroquel for like 3 weeks or something on like 25mg yeah . . . wtf 800mg? you must be mistaken or something? that would be foolish

9. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

I'm confused.

You are taking it as a sleep aid?

10. HomeGrownIdeas

HomeGrownIdeas Member

it's for bipolar, depression, and schizofrenia, since i stopped using k i heat voics and see shadow people out of the cornner of my eyes of down the street. the voices are usually someone i know, and ill be sitting there talking to them for 5-10 minutes when i realize it was only me talking. it just like when you take unisom and are alone..but yeah, i was prescribed 100mg for a night at first. than at my next shrink appointment i told him how i was all ready out because i decided to take 400mg in the morning and 400mg a night. (in all honestly i stayed up all night last night and taken 800mg in the last 5 hours..it got me off k though..

11. spdrcr79

spdrcr79 Member

high doses of seroquel have contributed to the death and suicide of two of my close friends, I stay far away from that shit. Bad drug /end

12. pharfromit

pharfromit Member

I hated Seroquel, I used <25 mg w/temazepam for sleep for a few nights for insomnia. The 100 mg. that was perscriped was FAR to high. If I were you I'd look into memantine and possibly titrating in an antipsychotic (risperidone, seroquel, etc.). Also a low dose sleep aid if needed. This should get rid of any glutamergic or dopaminergic psychosis and help you sleep, while keeping the antipsychotic low so you can still function.

13. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

:computer:

14. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Yeah....it got you off K, but now what's gonna get you off Seroquel? You went from being dependent on K to being dependent on Seroquel, and now, with the temazepam thrown into the mix, you're most-likely gonna become dependent on benzos, and trust me when I say that's not something you want.

Trainwrecks are usually fun to watch, but this is just sad:(

15. pharfromit

pharfromit Member

The other thing that i don't get is why are you taking so much Welbutrin. I'd ask the doc why the hell you are taking Seroquel and Welbutrin since Welbutrin is an agonist of dopamine and seroquel is the opposite of that. Also ask how they fit into and activate the receptor, which receptor subtype, and if the drugs are competitive or not--not that the doc will know what you are talking about. Excessive dopaminergic action combined with anticholinergic action is a great way to get psychosis. So I would think Welbutrin is only making that worse. I'm not quite sure how the K fits into it.

simplifying some of the player and possible players into a chart:

DA NE ACh 5HT NMDA GABA
    Seroquel ---- ---
    Welbutrin ++ ++ - +
    temazepam +++
    Ketamine ----
    memantine ++ --

Good luck you're in a complex situation but i'm sure it can be made better.

16. maddyrose

maddyrose Members

I take Seroquel 4 times a day 200 xr as an antipsychotic, people say it fucks them up but I honestly don't notice any change

17. maddyrose

maddyrose Members

But it takes 1400 mg to overdose , at that point it will create a massive blood clot and stop your heart

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

lol 6yrs later I work for the railroad..

19. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Seems like a normal dose to me. My boyfriend takes 800mg every night.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

sounds beyond abby normal to me..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH97lImrr0Q