Fasting before taking LSD

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Bernden, Oct 14, 2010.

1. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

may possibly barf. this is speaking from an experience from my friend who didnt eat in two days prior to dropping.
    he tripped as much as me. as far as i can tell. so acid is absorbed a bit differently than a powder substance or something, so just eat.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I have taken it with eating. Go up a few posts with me talking about the dopamine reward of food effecting the trip. I don't fast for days on end or anything but a solid 10-24 hours seems to make the lsd (or other drug) more direct for me.

Its almost as if my brain thinks the drug is a meal if I dose on a regular eating schedule.

3. Desos

Desos Senior Member

would be interesting to get some hard data on the effects of food and sleep on lsd. science style. lol. to test all the different variations.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Id imagine it would be similar to everything else with hallucinogens, vary from person to person. Let's take ayahuasca for example, If you do it in the amazon with a shaman they usually require fasting and abstinence from sex prior to the ceremony yet there is no scientific reason for this its more to do with the metaphysical and ritual or their beliefs.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

maybe just spend 40days and nights in the desert like jesus christ and tripballs for free..... idk.. just a suggestion..

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Thats all you orison.

1 person likes this.
  7. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

Considering that either practice on it's own is well known to induce altered states of awareness, thats a no-brainer.

Going by personal experience and common sense about how the body works and how psychedelics function, this is my view.

Generally having a little bit of something light and easily digestible in your stomach is good and helps with nausea. Fruit or fresh veggies are usually good choices. Having a full stomach or something harder to digest can lead to increased nausea and also the effect GB mentioned about the natural drowsiness from eating a big meal.

Mushrooms, Cacti products, Ayhauasca, all benefit from abstaining from red meat a few days prior and fasting for about 12-24 hours, but with a light snack of fruit and water or juice an hour or two prior to dosing. The reason being these substances are harder on the stomach than LSD and benefit in regards to absorption from an untaxed digestive system. But it is good to have a little something in your stomach in the event you find yourself needing to purge. Dry heaves are horrible and actually not having anything in your stomach to purge can extend the nausea and purging.

LSD is so minuscule and so readily absorbed, the elements of fasting to increase absorption don't really apply to it. But brief fasting, abstaining from red meat and having a light snack prior to dosing still holds true.

For any of them I would also suggest having plenty of water or juice available, as well as fruit, veggies, or other light snack handy for the later stages of the trip. Avoid sugary crap and meat (always grosses me out on psychs).

There is my practical, common sense thoughts on the topic devoid of any "spiritual" connotations regarding fasting.
    Apply whatever spiritual ritual you feel personaly applies to you.:cool:

8. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

i agree fully with the above except for DMT products such as ayahuasca. i would eat nothing but water before. i wouldn't even drink the juice. i no longer dose pharma in OJ. But, DO be fully prepared to eat a single slice of bread (or if you REALLY want to bump it up) drink about a teaspoon of olive oil once you have taken the brew. You WILL purge with aya if the brew is correct and it won't be dry heaves. These foods can help to begin an aya or pharma trip that appears stalled when you do not yet want to re-dose.

9. Renetik

Renetik Members

So seems like there is nobody with real water fasting experience before LSD ? So I did it few times it it was most deep and high trips in my life, still counting... More days better.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I have never done that. Depriving the body of food or water for long enough can be hallucinogenic in its own way though.

11. Desos

Desos Senior Member

hipforums circa 2010. a random person asks a question and 8 hipforums members answer. now has 16, 000 views.

hipforums circa 2017. stupid. stupid. stupid. stupid.

12. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

what up desos? i appreciate that you still have the same sig :)

i have never really "fasted" before tripping, but i try not to eat a large meal right before dosing. i feel that with my fast metabolism, fasting would be dangerous. i don't wanna get low blood sugar when i'm tripping (not that i'm diabetic or anything). i tend to hike around and stuff too, so i need the fuel.