Fasting before taking LSD

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Bernden, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Bernden

Bernden Member

I've never fasted before taking acid, I'm fasting for roughly 45 hours before tripping tomorrow.

How will this affect the trip? I hear it's beneficial...

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

You don't have any food competing for metabolization so it may hit sooner and it will hit harder. Still have liquids like water or juice around for you if need be.

3. Bernden

Bernden Member

can you define hit harder?

will the trip be stronger than if I tripped on a full stomach?

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

if you took 2 hits on an empty stomach compared to the same 2 hits on a full stomach, yes the empty stomach hits will be stronger, stronger is synonymous with harder.

Keep in mind that factors such as set and setting play a role too. Empty stomach could actually fall under the category of set I suppose.

5. Bernden

Bernden Member

ok thanks

also, what's the difference between doing 4 hits at once or doing 2 then 2 another hour or two later?

that probably sounds like a stupid question, sorry.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Cant help you there, ive only taken all my hits all at once.

7. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

The difference is when you take your dose all at once, that's your dose. When you spread it out over time, what mostly counts is the initial dose you took, and any amount you add hours later is going to have a diminished effect as tolerance develops rapidly. pick a dose and stick to it.

8. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

Mr. Writer is correct, in particular about chasing tolerance, but i do believe in splitting dosing at times. i probably do it about 50% of the time.

Taking 2 hits then 2 hits 90 minutes later is probably like taking 2 1/2 to 3 hits all at once . . . Though i do find the peak is more intense and the overall trip does last longer.

i tend to do this when i am in a social setting.

9. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

Personally I think fasting for that long will be counter productive. A psychedelic experience requires a lot of energy and fuel.
    When you hear about people fasting prior too taking a psychedelic, it is almost always in relation to taking something known too cause nausea and vomiting. Fasting is done to help reduce these effects. LSD causes almost no nausea.
    My suggestion is not to fast, but stick to a natural diet of fruits and fresh veggies, abstain from meat, especially red meat as it is harder on the digestive system, for a couple of days prior. Then maybe a twelve hour fast with the exception of fruit juices before dosing.

10. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

I don't really think they will hit "stronger" maybe faster onset, but the strength is what it is based on the weight of the dose in ugs.

11. Bernden

Bernden Member

I ended up having an apple an some pancakes for breakfast, I won't eat again until I trip.

12. icecreampheonix

icecreampheonix Member

45 hours is definitely too extreme. I don't like eating right before the trip, but it is useful to eat some nuts, fruit and generally good healthy stuff an hour or two before the trip. It sucks when you feel hungry, but also feel too temperamental to eat.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

yeah.... Eat some food., LSD dont even go through your digestive system, its absorbed rather rapidly - unless you hide the hit of paper in a doughnut or something,...

14. Grinners

Grinners Member

I think fasting is useless with LSD.

I doubt it is absorbed through the stomach, but rather absorbed through the linings of the tongue, mouth, throat etc.

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

go down to the physiological part

http://www.u.Arizona.edu/~tommyb/Hallucinogens.html

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think you're referring to sublingual administration, like holding it in the tounge which bypasses gi tract. This can be done on most psychedelics its not specific to LSD. I always end up eating my acid anyways, so I always fast. Possibly there is slight placebo but I always feel more mentally into it after fasting (I don't fast for 45 hours though) and I feel it hits harder. There is always a subtle relaxation after eating from the dopamine releasing reward of food for me that ever so slightly takes away from the trip. Sometimes stomach cramps and weird body loads are more apparent for me after eating. (more in regards to my MDMA experience here)

This is one of those ways to maximize the psychedelic experience I've found like tripping in the dark or diffused sunlight on dmt.

17. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

fasting and sleep deprivation are surefire potentiators of any hallucinogen.

18. Desos

Desos Senior Member

what omacatl said is pretty straight forward and true. i've never fasted or anything on any of my lsd trips, but generally i like to try and be very rested up and have plenty of nutrition for my lsd trips. i eat tons of foods. i like what smith said about needing lots of fuel.

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

you say its pretty straight forward yet it seems you completely misinterpreted what omacatl said.

20. Desos

Desos Senior Member

what i meant was i agree with his statement, although i prefer a different route.

i guess my lsd trips tend to be alot more lucid when i am well rested and have plenty of nutrition. although at times when i am not, i will trip harder, but as to the actual value of the experience it is questionable which method is better.

harder isn't always better. it's about learning and growth, not tripping your balls off. just another factor to think about.