Step by step making synthetic cocaine anyone?

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by robinuk, Sep 28, 2010.

1. robinuk

robinuk Guest

As stated in the title, is there anyone that has a step by step way to create this and if yes, where can i get the information?
    Thank you in advance!

2. mdbnkc

mdbnkc Member

2 main problems to finding your answer.
    First the precursors needed are heavily watched by LE but more importantly synthesizing cocaine is supposedly one of the harder syntheses( not quite lsd hard but similar to the difficulty of synthesizing mescaline).

Your best bet as far as cost vs product would be to buy a half to an ounce of decent quality street coke and purify it with a solvent like acetone to get rid of unsoluble cuts.

3. toastacidblocks

toastacidblocks Member

... ididnt think synthetic coke workd the same?

4. LoC

LoC Member

5. EdgarSmokeup

EdgarSmokeup Visitor

the final result will not be the same a natural processed coke, nothing has even come close.

6. jia

jia Member

It is so laborious and inefficient that the costs of having your own army to guard your coca fields, then all the costs of transporting your product illicitly still make the simple extraction from coca leaves far more profitable. Does that tell you anything?

7. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Yes I do. But no, you can't do it. It's too complicated. You can't possibly have the required facilities availble.
    -----------
    FYI I've done coke straight out of a Mecrk bottle right off a plane from Germany in the 80's and it's speeding, jittery, you'll never get it up, and your face will feel like it's shot full of novacaine to the point where you'll drool all over your shirt.

Like weed, it's not just one chemical that gets you high and/or modifies the high in blow.

8. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Let me add that Merck itself commercially opted to use coca extract (already containing some cocaine) and convert all the other alkiloids present into cocaine in order to achive 100% purity because from-scratch synthesis was to costly.

9. jia

jia Member

Merck's cocaine was speedy and jittery probably because it was near 100% pure. It was, however, and still is derived from coca. There are very few, but some, legitimate coca farms.

10. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Not all of it. Some was built from scrath ( I knew a guy who knew a guy.... And all the Merck stuff was 100% (within the margin of Uncertainty-- it melted like a snow flake on a hot plate).

You appear to know a thing or two...

I know all about coke farms and labs, from personal experience. Thier is no aspect of cocaine I have not been involved with.

The quality of the product is largely dictated by the various alkailoid ratios present in the leaf.

Maybe you're more chemist than me?
    Here's an interesting hypothesis:

When coke HCL started getting big, it was generally crystalized from di-ethly ether on bed sheets hanging on lines. Less than 3 ki per sheet was typical.
    This was "flake". the best stuff.

Later, "rock" or "crystal" was massively produced in containers, from buckets to oil drums, and crystalized from the solvent-of-the-day-- the coke fun thing went to hell.

In the mid 80's. I knew this guy with a Ph.D who worked in columbia. we used to talk, and he told me that the insanity part of coke came with the switch in manufaturing. He said the "bucket method" resulted in a higher % of Tropacocaine, and that Tropacocaine was the problem, not cocaine per se. unfourtunetly, he died and untimely death and never investigated the matter as far as I know. Haven't thought about it in a while.

Got an opinion on that?

11. sylphid

sylphid Member

extract it from coca leaves, buy coca leaf tea online and google an extract, it's a simple procedure.

FWIW, laws changed some time ago, lots of coca is produced perfectly legally in south america, and in countries like bolivia it's a right to grow. Out of date info above.

Pure cocaine should not feel overly jittery, and shouldn't have an overly numbing effect, it comes on much slower than typically cut cocaine and a warm numbness build slowly, you come down cleanly and without emptiness. When totally pure it's almost impossible to use, you'll need a 4% cut to get it to stop from clumping in normal air, more humidity means more absorbent cut to make it usable.

12. sylphid

sylphid Member

also, you can't just throw ace with coke and expect it to be clean - you need to test for adulterant, then use the correct wash for that adulterant, the more adulterants the more washes, you'll need a collection of ether, chloroform, acetone, various other solvents and you still can't clean up past about 4 parts in 5 usually.

13. IH84d3guesswho3

IH84d3guesswho3 Guest

The classic total synthesis of cocaine involves three synthetic, one enantiomeric resolution and one diastereomeric purification steps (Figure 112,22), and requires a significantly high level of synthetic expertise and well-equipped laboratory facilities. The synthesis will produce a pair of racemic diastereomers (of which only one, i.e., (-)-cocaine, is physiologically active) if the enantiomeric resolution and diastereomeric purification steps are omitted. To date, there have been only three seizures of illicit synthetic cocaine laboratories in the United States. All three followed the classic synthesis; however, none of the three performed the enantiomeric resolution step. Two of these laboratories were run by clandestine operators with advanced chemical training, and successfully produced very low yields of racemic cocaine.
    The first step involves a ring coupling Mannich reaction using methylamine, succindialdehyde, and acetonedicarboxylic acid monomethyl ester in high dilution in a buffered, aqueous solution at 25°C. After 2 days, the reaction mixture is made basic and extracted with chloroform to give racemic 2-carbomethoxytropinone; tropinone is the major impurity. Enantiomeric resolution of the racemate can be accomplished at this point with (+)- and (-)-tartaric acid; however, as noted above, none of the operators of the three clandestine laboratories seized to date attempted such a resolution.
    In step two, the 2-carbomethoxytropinone is dissolved in a minimal volume of ice-cold dilute sulfuric acid and reduced to methyl ecgonine with a 1 to 1.5% Na/Hg amalgam at pH 3.5 and 5°C. Reaction conditions are critical; poor pH and/or temperature control results in both decarboxylation of 2-carbomethoxytropinone to tropinone (which is, in turn, reduced to tropine and pseudotropine) and C-2 epimerization of methyl ecgonine to pseudoecgonine methyl ester. After several hours, the reaction is made basic, extracted with chloroform, and evaporated to an oil containing methyl ecgonine and pseudoecgonine methyl ester in an approximate 3:1 ratio. Additional impurities usually include tropinone, tropine, pseudotropine and unreacted 2-carbomethoxytropinone. The majority of pseudoecgonine methyl ester is precipitated from the oil by the addition of diethyl ether and removed via filtration. The filtrate is evaporated to dryness, dissolved in diethyl ether and converted to the hydrochloride. None of the operators of the three clandestine laboratories seized to date attempted to purify their methyl ecgonine any further than the pseudoecgonine methyl ester precipitation step.
    In step three, the methyl ecgonine hydrochloride is benzoylated with benzoyl chloride in pyridine near 0°C. After 24 h, the reaction mixture is allowed to warm to room temperature and is diluted with diethyl ether, which precipitates a cocaine HCl/pyridine HCl complex. This precipitate is filtered and washed with additional ether to remove excess pyridine, dissolved in water, and extracted with additional ether to remove benzoic acid. The resulting aqueous solution is made basic with dilute ammonium hydroxide (causing dissociation of the cocaine HCl/pyridine HCl complex), and repeatedly extracted with methylene chloride. The combined extracts, which also contain the remaining free pyridine, are evaporated to dryness to give cocaine base, which is re-dissolved in diethyl ether/acetone 1:1 and converted to the hydrochloride via addition of a stoichiometric amount of concentrated hydrochloric acid. As noted above, the clandestine manufacture of illicit synthetic cocaine is extremely unusual. This is not surprising, because - even when attempted by a skilled chemist - the preparation of (-)-cocaine via total synthesis proceeds in less than 10% overall yield. This is clearly economically infeasible in view of the relatively low cost and ready availability of illicit natural cocaine.

14. IH84d3guesswho3

IH84d3guesswho3 Guest

15. Antoniotorrescali

Antoniotorrescali Members

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME THIS STEPS IN DETAILS PLEASE.

When it says cool to 0 this mean in an ice bath?
    Shake with four portion of chloroform, this means inside a separation funnel?
    Evaporate chloroform in vacuo, means just putting the filtrate inside a vacuum chamber and make it boil?
    How do I made aqueous ammonium chloride, just put water on the ammonium chloride? How much water?
    Wash twice with saturated potassium, means inside a separation funnel again?

Please only positive thinking person, this is my new project I just want a try the creator notes are not too clear. Thanks

2-Carbomethoxytropinone

A mixture of 1.35 g of sodium methoxide (this is sodium in a minimum amount of methanol), 3.5 g of tropinone, 4 ml of dimethylcarbonate and 10 ml of toluene is refluxed for 30 min. Cool to 0°C and add 15 ml of water that contains 2.5 g of ammonium chloride. Extract the solution after shaking with four 50 ml portions of chloroform, dry, evaporate the chloroform in vacuo. Dissolve the oil residue in 100 ml of ether, wash twice with a mixture of 6 ml of saturated potassium carbonate and three ml of 3 N KOH. Dry and evaporate in vacuo to recover the unreacted tropinone. Take up the oil in a solution of aqueous ammonium chloride and extract with chloroform, dry, and evaporate in vacuo to get an oil. The oil is dissolved in hot acetone, cool, and scratch inside of flask with glass rod to precipitate 2-carbomethoxytropinone. Recrystallize 16 g of this product in 30 ml of hot methyl acetate and add 4 ml of cold water and 4 ml of acetone. Put in freezer for 2.5-3 hours. Filter and wash the precipitate with cold methyl acetate to get pure product.