i think facebook is going to take over the internet.

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Styve--At-Large, Aug 22, 2010.

1. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I just had this message pop up when I tried to look at one of my groups.

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

LMAO, Odon. One of "your" groups, eh? You've fallen afoul of the CIA. Dey be watchin' ya real darn good now!

One thing young ppl don't get is "guilt by association".

You might never do anything wrong, but just associating with the "wrong" kind of people could get you in big trouble.

Just joining or even looking at the wrong group on Facebook, or the wrong website could put you on a permanent watch list.

And you'll never know it.

Until you try to get on plane. Or get that job that requires a security check. Or try to get into that college. Or try to get a loan.

There's any number of ways you could get screwed.

And when the Feds decide to act you could get caught up in their net and have to "prove" yourself innocent.

Cause all of their spying on you IMPLIES that you are guilty of something already.

It didn't use to be like that, until COINTELPRO (look it up if you don't know what it is!).

Now the gov't has much more effective means to keep tabs on anybody. And if you leave a BIG electronic footprint, they're gonna be sure to add all of it to their database. Make one wrong move and you're on their watch list. Another bad move and you'll start seeing restrictions on your freedom. Third bad move they'll probably be knockin on your door. And it could be nothing more than clicking on links that got you there!

3. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Sorry, not a group I set up.
    It was a group I had joined.
    A groups I had joined, would have been clearer, I guess.
    It was a group called Die? I said "Hi".
    It was just a group that had a catchy title and it made me laugh.
    I was trying to delete it to clean up my FB pages...and bingo bango it had gone, and was replaced with that message.
    The groups I set up are all ok.

I doubt the CIA would be interested in my (I set up myself) groups: Homelessness and a BBC comedy programme.

4. chrizt1an

chrizt1an Member

I don't look at it like that I never got into facebook but I did with myspace and if I compare both myspace and hipsfourm is waaay different I don't get to see annoying updates about jane getting smash with her ne bf. And here you only let people know you at a certain extend

5. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I don't think he put so much thought into this as you did.

6. akacash

akacash Member

lol 2 years from now facebook will be shot. they're already experiencing problems selling advertising. on top of that the majority of facebook's money came in lawsuits. they just filed another and this time they're going after an actual affiliate marketing company. i give them another year or two until something "bigger and better" pops up. the internet is trendy, what's cool now isn't going to be cool in 3 years. look at myspace, napster, even twitter is starting to fade out a bit. limewire just got shut-down under and injunction, there's a lot of stuff going on right now. facebook will fall victim to the new "hip" thing in another couple of years.

7. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

i deactivated my profile yesterday. fuck that.

8. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

both my place of work and my university encourage Facebook use for informal communication through peers.

9. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

Facebook really isn't much more than a slightly more sophisticated and less flashy version of Myspace.

10. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

OMG just mde toast. amazin!!!!!!

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

you think so huh?.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

After 6 months on Facebook, realised I really am not at all interested on how my 243 "Friends" are feeling today

13. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

I think your mother is going to take over the pie eating contest.

14. TheIsraelite777

TheIsraelite777 Banned

I only use facebook to hook up with girls.. I don't go to town much unless I'm going to pick up video games.. or unless I have a date. I mean.. i live in a small town and there ain't much to do here.. That's my excuse.. :D

@Rudenoodle
    I love your avatar. I just finished beating fallout new vegas. I'm going to trade it in for black ops though...

15. Montreal-Mark

Montreal-Mark Membre

Well you bunch of dumb idiots that use face book just keep signing up.. giving out your personal information and never once "getting a life"

I think I'm going to be the last generation that remembers what it was like to get my cock sucked by a real woman and not some msn girl on the otherside of the planet.
    And then fucking her without having to "update my status" on the net.

Turn it all off...
    Start growing a garden...
    And go off grid.

16. TheIsraelite777

TheIsraelite777 Banned

Seems like someone is jealous that I get some? Hmmm.. You didn't have to make it that obvious though.

17. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

I don't doubt for a minute that the US Guv'mint can waste time, money, and valuable resources on far less consequential shit than that.

18. TheIsraelite777

TheIsraelite777 Banned

The CIA care.. the illuminati cares.:2thumbsup:

19. Amoureux

Amoureux Banned

I have no clue what an iluminati is.

But the gouverment is behind Facebook. They are trying to create a big database of.. well.. everyone.

That way if there is a crime commited or some sort of "threat against the gouverment or its friends." They can "google" you and find out everything they need to profile you.

Ie: Who are your friends. What do you like or don't like. where do you hang out. What are your skills. etc etc etc.

Personally,
    I'm looking to kill the Internet in the next 6 months. Apart from Ebay sales... There really is not anything worth paying for on it.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]