i think facebook is going to take over the internet.

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Styve--At-Large, Aug 22, 2010.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Facebook seems so mindless and a waste of time. I've actually noticed a decline of activity on facebook recently. Maybe it's dying down and will die just like myspace did. On a side note, I was a fan of myspace as I used to use it to write (blog) and got a couple of comments from friends every now and then. Facebook kinda creeps me out because you get updates on Everything that your friend is doing. I don't want that many updates and don't really care what my friends are up to in a lot of aspects. Why do I care where they checked in at?? I actually happen to delete my facebook page today. It bores me and is really a privacy concern. I think people should focus more on websites that inspire things like discussions, writing, and art. I really don't like facebook at all. I don't think it'll take over the world. However, my fear is that another website that's even more invasive is going to be created then everyone is going to just move from facebook over to that site.

2. Peaceandlove1345

Peaceandlove1345 Guest

I think they should take down all the sites like facebook, myspace, twitter and youtube because its taking over the general poulations lives, everyone is nose to the screen when they could be living outside intead of staring at a computer. I only go on the computer sometimes but I think that its destroying music (Everyything is becoming dowloaded) and I think its time for all these websites to go.

3. streetlightbeam

streetlightbeam Member

I deleted my Facebook just today and cleared my cookies, etc...

And when I graduate from High School and turn eighteen I'm road tripping west, so all the information about myself on Facebook will by then be irrelevant.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the corporate mafia WANTS to turn the internet into something very much like television, with the only exception being something like face book. as long as people don't become idiots enough to want that too, it isn't gonna happen.

5. Interactivemonodrama

Interactivemonodrama Member

no facebook? there will be something else....

6. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

For me, the something else is Hip Forums.

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Ah man!!

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I might make a myspace.

Just out of spite for facebook. All of a sudden tom seems so much more friendly.

9. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

Everybody should start posting there facebook

10. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

12. celebrating

celebrating Member

The CIA business of Facebook is already in the NY Stock Market, while everyone posts for free... In many ways it is being forced on people.
    A good way to have information on people on their friends, and control them. And yes, like internet it is addictive, and fun.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

facebook and twitter and google and e-bay and amazon are all corporate media's foot in the internet door. as of course, are the more up front corporate media websites. this is only a problem for new users who come online ignorant of this probability. as long as there continue to be free galleries and forums that can be used instead, and people avoid using corporate sites to relay sensitive information. well they can play their game and be ignored by the rest of us, and everyone can be happy.

that horse left the barn a long time ago with the dot com land-rush. the internet started out as a library, before it was turned into a shopping mall. i liked it better as a library then as a book store. but that's all mostly ancient history now.

14. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

i actually have stopped using facebook

not because the site is evil

but because i don't want to 'connect' with mostly all the people there anymore.

15. acid_tripz222

acid_tripz222 Member

It's amazing how we can create something to take over ourselves. Kinda creepy. Plus facebook has access to all of ANYONE'S personal information, making blackmail and fraud not such a chore. If an identity thief or pedophile got onto facebook, he could potentially ruin the lives of countless people. It's really an unsafe thing.