Unwelcome Spirit

Discussion in 'Animism' started by Psyowa-Girl, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Psyowa-Girl

Psyowa-Girl Member

I have reason to believe an unwelcome spirit has made itself at home in my house as of recently (within the last 2-3 years). In this period of time I have suffered from chronic depression, terrible crippling headaches, fatigue, panic attacks, forgetfulness, etc...
    My grades have been suffering, as well as my energy levels and my concentration in meditation and prayer. I have had visitors claim that our home feels very strange at times. Even I receive indicators that something is attempting to intimidate or control me. This entity seems to fuel and feel off of negativity in our home, be it my parents fighting or my own depression.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what sorts of spirits may do things such as this and how I may neutralize or banish them?
    I posted this same message in the Paganism thread, but with no responses.

2. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

I lived in a house that people often thought was spooked, and looking back on it so do I. I can't offer any advice really, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I mean, at best I can suggest perhaps exorcism or something.

The best advice, if you are truly worried, if to get a seasoned professional to help you out. Messing around with that sort of business yourself can be a recipe for disaster.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Talk to it. Communication is what you need. Doesn't matter if you feel stupid talking to yourself, but it'll help. Talk about anything. Your life, what's troubling you. Talk for ten minutes, half an hour etc. You could have bought it into your life by something you bought. An antique that something was holding onto maybe? Think of anything? And if so communicate that you'll take care of it etc. And if you must make physical contact ask for it to appear in a dream. Can't guarantee you much but it really worked for me once.

4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes i suggest COMMUNICATION!!!!

Spirits want to be heard,they dont like being lonely!

Good luck!

5. Psyowa-Girl

Psyowa-Girl Member

I have communicated with this spirit and come to find that it is here because it has no other place to go. It is not being intentionally hurtful or feeding off and creating negative energies on purpose. It simply has no other means of sustenance. It and I have worked out a deal that if it instead helps to generate positive energy, it can gain strength from that instead.
    Thank you for recommending communication :)

6. Dude111

It is sad being invisible as spirits are....

They are alone and seeking recognition :(

Thank you for being brave and speaking with them :)

7. Makisupa Policeman

Makisupa Policeman Member

i would recommend smudging your house to cleanse your house of all negative energy

8. learn2see

learn2see Member

I had a similar experience but I actually heard a spirit in my house and "felt" one next to me. I told it that it's not welcome out loud and I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of me. It did come back later, but now I live somewhere else.

9. noela

noela Members

You should call a local psychic or go into any type of metaphysics shop and ask if anyone knows someone who can help whatever is in your house go to the light.
    Theres two famously renowned british physics that go around Canadian houses who are apparently haunted and help people with exactly your problems, you just need someone who can communicate and ground themselves while lifting whatever and whoever is in your house. They have a show called Rescue Mediums, im sure if you go on their site they have a few tips they could give you and many others in your situation.

I mean, depending on how spiritual you are you could look up how to do it yourself, but someone who is gifted in psychic abilities would be the best. Luckily you can find someone! Good luck

TIP: DO NOT USE A OUIJA BOARD. EVER. It will make things 150% percent worse.

10. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

Well Start off by burning incense. Like Irminsul said communicating with the spirit will probably relieve tension or whatever emotions is going on. Try meditating.

11. Dude111

I wonder if its MEAN to tell them that....

Ya gotta remember THEY ARE TOTALLY ALONE.. They have not crossed over and are stuck in that realm... To tell them you dont want them there may not be very kind,im not sure......

12. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Definitely use smudge. Then (since this is the animism section) find a psychopomp. A psychopomp is an indigenous healer who guides the dead to the other side. If you have a Hmong community in your area you might see if they have a spiritual person who can do this (or using the Tungusic word, shaman). I do not know if any of the new age shamans know how to do this, or even if they did, could be succesful at it. But you could probably find them easily enough--and they should at least be familiar with the term psychopomp, and might even guide you to someone who can do it. You could try Native American communities as well, but not all medicine people would be able to do such a thing.

13. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

Is it mean to tell a bully that they are not your friend? Perhaps, but that does not mean it's ok to stand there ans let yourself be a punching bag either.

A spirit present in my home may not be a enemy, but if it is doing harm I will not hold back on shoving it out. destroying a spirit may be over the top, but removing it from a bad situation is no different then isolating violent criminals from society.

And is a spirit alone if we are wiling to believe there are spirits out there? How many spirits are observed in relation to the ones that are missed by human perception?

14. Dude111

Good reply!!!

Most of us cannot see into thier world,if they want to make contact its up to them to initiate it.....