9/11

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by TheTruthAndPeaceSeeker, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

Next topic. Everyone is a terrorist until proven otherwise. This is 9/11 related due to the provisions set forth in the patriot act.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=queM4c-W048"]YouTube - The Coming American Police State

2. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Worrying about speed cameras? Seriously? lol.
    I hate people like him. Whiny religious nuts.

Every square inch of the UK is covered by CCTV? BS
    He might be able to get away with that with an American audience but not with me.

3. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

Oh the police is here good morning:)

4. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

It doesn't matter what he does for a living.

5. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

Its just boring, in German forums we have the exact same people distributed strategically over almost all forums with exact the same arguments: always picking on the weakest argument, ignoring the evident etc etc

6. odon

odon Slightly Popular

No, that's fair to a certain degree. But he is mixing in his religious beliefs for no reason.
    Calling him a nut was me just being a little too cynical.

7. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I'm a police man now am I.
    I guess I must be liaising with my German counterparts to put you in prison, right?
    Come on.
    A. There is no need to be paranoid.
    B. There is no need to be rude.
    C. Don't be a cliché.

Where are the weak arguments emanating from,
    midgardsun?
    If you have weak arguments you get the same kinda responses.
    Try to say something new/original and people will say something new/original to you. :)
    I know that is difficult when talking about 9/11, but do try.

8. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

To be fair the UK does have by far more CCTV cameras per capita than any other country.

But at the same time privacy is constitutionally protected in both the UK and US, be in both countries(and in basically any country) it's wildly accepted legal code that there's no expectation of privacy when out in public. And this dates back to pre video era.

9. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Yes it does. 4.2 million, apparently. 14 to every citizen.
    Those figures are a few years old, though
    It is an average, obviously, there are less cameras per person in rural areas and smaller villages etc.
    Most of them are privately owned and run by business' to protect their property. That or speed cameras. Those are counted into the No. too.
    Yes, there are cameras looking at the public, obviously, but covering every inch of the land? Erm, no.

Exactly.
    Plus there is a few quangos looking at/after the privacy issues too
    http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/topic_guides/cctv.aspx

10. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

yes, i noticed that too...

i think you just proved midgardsuns point there odon...

interesting that many of the cctvs are not working where they should be... so many people i know have been assaulted, mugged, raped etc and the cctv wasn't actually in operation... it seems that they only work where there is profit to be made or where they can keep a watchful eye on protesters and the like... have you seen how many are in Trafalgar Square? They all seem to be working just fine there... why not the ones to protect the general public? Smacks of covert agendas to me.... and i wonder how long it will be before all the quangos set up to protect privacy issues will have their funding cut... :eggnog:

11. odon

odon Slightly Popular

How so?
    Please tell me something original that has been said on either side within this thread.
    If "the other side" is willing to trot out the same thing over and over, so am I. :rolleyes:
    Do you think I'm a police man because I don't agree with you? :rolleyes:

I'm not justifying there use. I'm sure there are many that don't work.
    If they are not working, and the people you speak of are troubled by that, they should get onto the council, the local police station or who ever operates the cameras and ask them why they are not working.

I'm fairly sure most cameras operated by local councils work just fine...or have a process to put them right if they don't.
    It's another cliché to say they are not working and the only ones that are are the ones near Trafalgar Square, or just ones where there are protests don't you think? (not a very original point, proving my point ;))
    Is it true? No.

Yes, I have noticed how many there are in the centres of most city centres...that really isn't the point here.
    The point is that the person in the video is suggesting that there are cameras covering every inch of the UK, and that is just not true.
    You can say: "Well it certainly feels like it."
    But if you think they are just there to watch on protests or for "covert agendas" (what agendas I have no idea and another not very original point ;)) then it isn't a stretch to think your being a little paranoid.

I doubt that. The irony is, funding is being cut for there use, especially the traffic cameras.
    Now the Conservative party are in power they can go forward with what they have been saying for years: CCTV does not work, and the use needs to be scaled back.
    Conservative councils are switching off their traffic cameras, and cameras covering city centres, up and down the land.
    Many councils are...
    E.g: http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/new...shut-2013/article-2387337-detail/article.html
    The ones they feel are of no use, anyway.
    The Data protection act and laws regarding CCTV use are not going to be scrapped any time soon, regardless of any restructuring of "Privacy Quangos".