what was your favorite concert?

Discussion in 'Gig List' started by guerillabedlam, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Got too many different highlights, how can I choose between Lee "Scratch" Perry, Fairport Convention, Hawkwind and Black Sabbath for example. Or Iron Maiden. I can go on for awhile :p Not to say that smaller concerts can't be as great by the way.

2. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

Paul McCartney at Wrigley Field, Chicago last summer. He played for 3 hours, and I had binoculars, too! He's still got it!

I saw Buddy Guy twice as well.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Last time I went to a concert the tickets were $14.00... :p

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

i know some guys in a band that just got booked to open a show for iron maiden later this year! pretty huge for them.

my best show... i don't know, david gilmour at massey hall in toronto would be up there.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ah, which name? I'm glad I saw Iron Maiden 12 years ago, it's better to see a rock or metal band before they're all over 50 :p

6. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

I think that was actually the price one of the times I saw Buddy Guy. haha 'Twas in the suburbs.

Otherwise ticket prices are generally WAY too expensive these days. It's a shame most artists are just going through the system, and aren't willing to organize something different and more inclusive. If I was in a band, I wouldn't mind sacrificing my wealth to throw something huge where everyone could come.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The band isn't getting much out of the cost of a ticket these days, the promoters and record label are getting the bulk of it. Blame them, not the band... (although they do put up with it)

8. redcloud

redcloud Member

I'm gonna see Iggy and The Stooges in Barcelona in July. I already know it's going to be Legen -wait for it- dary!

9. luvnsurf

luvnsurf Member

Two totally different concerts. Jack Johnson & Tool. At Jack Johnson, I was pushed all the way up to the front of the stage. It was awesome, the music but more importantly, where I was, who I was with & the people around me. Tool was an amazing event. Even though we had floor tickets, they put seats in so the visual and auditory experience was not compromised by jostling people.

10. chevydaniels88

chevydaniels88 Guest

my best concert had to be elton john in orlando back in 2007 that man can just rock the stage and his music is very moving. That was also my first concert

11. andmoreagain72

andmoreagain72 Member

The Stone Roses in Lyon a few weeks ago, Roman amphiheatre, intimate & outdoors.. legendary..

12. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

i saw the Budos Band like 2 years ago at the exit/in in nashville. it was fucking spectacular. first off, it was on abnormally warm day in february. we got there early and stopped at this hookah bar next door to capitalize on the happy-hour hookah/beer prices. before we left, i ate about a quarter-oz of some excellent mush. while waiting in line to get in to the venue the sky fucking opened up. everyone who happened to get caught outside was absolutely soaked, but we all eventually make it in and budos takes the stage. i timed the mush pretty much perfectly, because i came up almost in time with the first blasts from homeboy's baritone sax. see, these guys play afrobeat and i had never seen them live a that point. i was expecting some laid-back chill kinda shit goin' on... but holy fuck NO! these guys (the baritone sax guy in particular) had the energy of the fucking MC5 and every bit of that kind of stage presence. so it started out great. the lighting guy was apparently under the delusion that afrobeat music calls for calm lighting... that's when the sax guy was like "hey, yo, dude fuckin' with the lights... cut that fucking blue and purple shit the fuck out. gimme some fuckin' reds and yellows cos we takin' this to the muthafuckin budos zoooooooooooooone"... and the rest is history. also, because of the heavy rain and the all the body heat associated with small venues, it was steamy like a fucking rainforest. and that's the most kickass concert i've been to.

13. andmoreagain72

andmoreagain72 Member

have you heard of the Black Lips?, sounds similar, sweat city, pogo-ing, beer, support band joining the crowd, small venue..

14. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Tull in Hawaii ,early 70s. It was the show to showcase Thick as a Brick. They came out--played the whole album wothout a pause and then Anderson said--"and now for our second song".
    Reznor in Portland
    Ministry's farewell tour in Portland. They ran out of original stuff and started playing other bands stuff.

Sailed over to Oahu from Maui with some other freaks to see Hendrix in '69--blew all his equipment out just as we were approaching the venue. Bummer!! (at least we had indulged in some windowpane--you can FIND things to do when that happens)
    Enjoyed the Moody Blues ,Janis(a few times)and Dylan along the way.

15. SantaCruzRob

SantaCruzRob Senior Member

Page & Plant '95 L.A. forum, the second night. Remarkable show.