would anyone like to knit/crochet for charity with me?

Discussion in 'Knitty Gritty' started by oshinn, May 31, 2010.

1. oshinn

oshinn Member

i have been thinking a lot lately about knitting/crocheting for charity and i was wondering if anyone would like to join me. :) right now i am making mittens to donate.

any thoughts?

2. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

I'm in, I'm doing infant hats for our local hospital, so every baby goes home in a new warm hat.

I have to talk to one of our local Chevrolet Dealers, he was doing a winter coat drive every year and I'd like to see that re-started and add hats and scarves to it.

Glad you can knit mittens. I am one of those hopeless knitters who can't follow a pattern.

I either knit toques in the round or on one of my "Knifty Knitter" looms, scarves are plain garter stitch. I don't do anything fancy.

AND if I can make the time (I'm making inventory for my roadside stand) I'll crochet some lap rugs for the intermediate care home.

But Yes, I'll do charity knitting-tell me who you're donating to and post the address of the place on this thread and I'll mail some things as soon as I can

:) Lois

3. oshinn

oshinn Member

haha well are you on ravelry?

i started a group called "monthly crochet for charity"

this month we're doing afghan squares for the central ohio binky project and sweaters/mittens/scarves for the BUMP mission on the browning reservation here in montana.