Contemporary taoist practice

Discussion in 'Taoism' started by Mr.Peaches, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Mr.Peaches

Mr.Peaches Member

Post an event which was the doing of the Tao:

When ever I need something (like a new book or a hairband)
    I just wish for it, eventully it comes around

I decided it would be nice to have an extra chair in my appartment
    So i wished for one
    Just walking down the steet the other day someone walked out and put this rustic chair out to the garbage, she was glad for me to take it!

And so this thing works for me

Moderation, Patience, Humility

2. Arthur Turnpole

Arthur Turnpole Member

the tao isnt [something] that does any doing, it doesnt do any wish granting

you can follow the Path (Tao) that entails having the patience and lack of assertive ambition to WAIT for things.

3. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

nothing is happening

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i was born. before i was born i had dreams. after i was born i had dreams. then i walked. rode trains and buses. now i am old and have a computer. which was one of the dreams i had which didn't exist yet (ordinary people having their own computers and creating imaginary worlds inside of them) when i was born.

i met some spirit people in animal form and again in dream form.

is any of that the tao? the tao is always deniable of being the tao.

i have been hugged by "empty" air. felt the weight of something friendly curl up on top of my covers, even saw its pressure on the matrice, when there was nothing to be visibly seen. walked through a door that latter had never been there.

is any of that the tao? my father was some distince away but within sight and saw the spirits in animal form that i met, though he wasn't aware they were spirit people, just animals not often seen. one supposed extinct in that particular location at that time.

the tao is just there.
    but wherever we are not distracted by words are people there is truth anyway.

5. SabinaChrystalline

SabinaChrystalline Guest

RE OP: I have noticed things in my life over the last 15 years more so, where when I truly needed something, it would just be there. Money problems, when NEEDED, become remedied by something I didn't expect. Home situations, same way. Phone calls I don't want to make, become some of the best I've ever made in my life. I have learned that I need to let go of my fear and anxiety, and my force for making things try to stay a certain way. I don't ever mind change, but I don't like some of the changes that happen. Once they do though, I can sit back and contemplate why they may have happened, watch my surroundings, take it all in, and then realize that it was for the best in so many ways. I find that once I don't fight life....it doesn't fight back and I am able to let go of the negativity and become open to many more things that have a positive outcome. That's what I love about Tao, it's a free flowing, fluxing vortex so to speak. :)

6. SabinaChrystalline

SabinaChrystalline Guest

RE OP: And I must add, how you were wishing for things....they came to you because you then opened your eyes to them. It's like getting a new car, say a Prius. You may only see one every once in a blue moon, until you buy one, then you see them everywhere. If you put something in your mind, you will open your eyes to see it. There were probably many chairs before the one you obtained, but that happened to be the one you could see. :) (different perspective on that one) :D