Hey how should I decorate my room?

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by WoodstockDave94, Mar 30, 2010.

1. WoodstockDave94

WoodstockDave94 Member

I am a bit of a hippie, and I especially like all the art and cool designs it brings with it. My room is pretty bland, just beige walls and carpet and I want to completely change it up. I've got a few ideas, I saw some really cool wooden lamps, kind of a bit African looking, and I might be getting a fish tank or something like that, also seen really cool posters and maybe a larva lamp. But the thing I can't decide on is a colour scheme, any ideas anyone? I want something that is kind of bold and different, but not so vibrant that I can't just chill out in it. Any ideas anyone? Also bear in mind I'm only 16 so can't really afford expensive new furniture.

2. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Just take the things you like that are 'hippie' and do it in your room. It doesn't have to be one colour, I used to have walls each a different colour.

Just do whatever you like, you don't need expensive things.

3. mindtraveling

mindtraveling Member

paint bricks on your walls. that would be cool my friend and have your friends lay down graffiti.

dont waste money on expensive furniture, thats dumb

4. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

I have a thing called a star master, when you turn it on it projects star patterns all over the ceiling and walls. They're amazing and only around $10

5. Nova?!

Nova?! The Walrus

I find for a very unique look, I specifically look for things that you dont see very often. My bedroom is filled with little nick-nacks, vases, candle holders. for example:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Nova?!

Nova?! The Walrus

and a few more
    [​IMG]
    (These are my curtains because i had old lady curtains before..)

[​IMG]
    (this is Eddie, an ashtray for when i used to smoke..)

7. 7point65

7point65 Banned

You want unique?? Different?? Unusual??
    How about that FM tuner and turntable? When's the last time you saw one of those? I'll bet the one in this picture actually works too.

8. Nova?!

Nova?! The Walrus

It actually did untill about a month ago. The tuner is from 1985 and has been used and abused. But the turn table still works! Even have 4 old speakers I found in my grannys basement for a prime vinyl sound.

9. wolverineblades

wolverineblades Guest

Hey nice design man..i Saved this pic on my hard drive.. :2thumbsup:

10. Ayden Carlos

Ayden Carlos Member

Observing the choices with which you want to decorate your room, bamboo bedsheets would also be a perfect element for your bed among such items. Look for sheets with different designs and get a nice broad view on entering the room.

11. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

12. Alankar

Alankar Banned

No one wants the house full with dull environmental home decors. Make a home with the things which makes us fresh, the colors which flows a keen environment. On the other hand, choosing the carpet rugs matching with the sidewalls and allowing freedom of choice to each and every factors which tends to makeup your house, makes a quality home.

13. Sixpence

Sixpence Member

You could just put stuff (anything) you like everywhere. It can be cheap, makes a nice collage, makes a nice hippie type setting, and there`s no need for a paint job!

I`ve got so much stuff on my walls (and ceiling...) that you can hardly see them. :2thumbsup:

14. elvina

elvina Guest

To decorate your room firstly you have to paint your room, windows, and doors.
    Then hang curtains on windows and open rakes.
    Bring the furniture according your need and mood

15. peopletrend

peopletrend Guest

use interesting wall posts,flowers,mind changing pictures etc....

16. Happy Art Girl

Happy Art Girl Member

Personally I would pick colours for the walls that you like, and pick accessories, ornaments and decorations you like in colours that complement. Or just go random and have an eclectic room. I like searching on ebay for random items in Home Decor, I searched for colours (e.g. pink), or different cultures (e.g. Moroccan, African), and see what unique items come up. I also like to Google images of Bohemian rooms, or the specific colour schemes I like, and see what comes up. I save the images of I like the most, and note what I like the best out of them, which gives me the inspiration and ideas of what to do in my own room.

17. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

By some handicrafts products such as wooden and marble craft item at one corner in your house.

18. summerangel

summerangel Guest

I like browsing clearance isles in TJ Maxx, Ross, Target for cute items to decorate.

Pinterest.com has cute DIY ideas.

I just started using wall decals in all of my rooms! It's such a cute and easy way to transform your room. The pic below is from lanadecals .com

19. whispered-dream

whispered-dream Guest

You can try tapestries. They come in many different sizes and designs. You can probably find some psychedelic designs, african or native american ones. I just put up a psychedelic buddha tapestry in my dorm. Try searching around on ebay. :)