Ignore 2012 fearmongering

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Harpo, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Tsukiko_777

Tsukiko_777 Member

it's a load of malarky.

2. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

I've heard that people who deal in malarkey make pretty good money. How much can you get for a load of it these days?

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when 2012 has come and gone, 2020 will be the next nice round number to pin everything magically changing without our having to do anything to change it on.

4. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Carlfloydfan's photos reminded me of something i read about the sun.
    It's acting up!

NASA - Giant Ribbon Discovered at the Edge of the Solar System
    http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/23dec_voyager.htm
    Our solar system is flying through it now.

Is that what's causing the sun, and our planet to act up recently?

This is the longest filament ever seen. 1.6 million KM long, or over 1 million miles
    [​IMG]

Are we going to get an Electro Magnetic Pulse in the near future?

Here are some statements made by a man working for Boeing. He does not work for NASA, but rather is a NASA contractor from Boeing. Do to this contract work there was many video conferences and other meetings he was included in.

First statement:

"I work for a NASA contractor and handle the video conferencing sessions between JSC and other facilities. Everybody always wants to see a link. Well, everything talked about in these vc's is top secret - so there's obviously not a link. I love my family and need my job so I'm not gonna tell you much that would endanger those either. I work for Boeing. All I can tell you is there is a LOT of interesting shit happening. The moon is NOT crashing - but it doesn't need to. There is a reason so many are sending birds up to watch the Sun - and it's not cause we just would like to know more about the Sun."

Another one:

"Again, this is out there. There is a 'domino' effect because of how our electrical grid is designed. It has safeguards which actually take it down - in segments - automatically in order to keep from frying things... but the components of what those automatic systems are supposed to protect are not protected from EMP and/or huge static loads to ground. I'm not an EE so not sure what that means. So when the system trys to protect itself - it can cascade - quickly. But if certain parts of the system get damaged - again this is out there - then it can take years to replace them. Problem is, the companies who make this stuff don't have enough raw materials on hand - right now - to make them all. Some of them don't even have back up power sources.... they are 'commerical' suppliers ! Think about it. Really think about it."

And:

"I've actually said about as much as I can. For us, we are fortunate to have a small place between Houston and Dallas with a few acres. We have a well - hand well and wind mill. I have tools and can work with my hands. I have a few solar panels just to charge some batteries for small conveniences like small led lights at night. Forget much more than that. We have seeds for only a few basic veggies. Think about living in the late 1800's for a while and you'll be on my line of thinking. Is it enough or will it work - I don't know. How soon may it be needed? I don't know and I think anybody who says they do know is pulling our legs - UNTIL about 30-40 hours before it happens. Will an announcement be made? I don't know but I don't think so - too many variables and too much communication to be done with critical agencies to at least TRY to save some stuff. How fast am I working on this? I have been for a year and am nearly finished with what I have 'planned' to try to get together."

Finally:

"This is likely going to be my last post. I had a long talk with my wife and family this weekend. For reasons I cannot explain well enough to suit the proof requirements of many here - I have decided that we will be making our move out to our property in June of this year. I will be quiting my job at Boeing - not just leaving without a trace because that would cause folks to want to find out where I had gone.

This post - is the closest to what I was trying to point to about the solar maximum PLUS other objects which NASA knows will affect our solar system of, at least, have a damn good chance of doing so. However, since this mass of objects and particles is so out there in distance and spread out so far - there is simply no way to know how much or when they will either affect the Sun - or our planet directly. No way to know. Because of that - no warnings other than articles like this one which point right to a known - potential - serions - problem.

The conferences I hear are between scientists of various fields working at what in 'secret level topics' would be the kindergarden level. That's all I have clearance to hear. If the topic or conversation goes above that - my audio link gets blanked out. Many meetings about this subject we can't hear from the beginning - we just set up the linki and monitor on scopes for stability. There are at least 12 levels of clearance above mine - and that's only the ones I know of.

So, long story short, I took some time this weekend and we made a decision. I may be early - by a few months or so... but i don't think so. Posting this thread helped me convince myself that acting was better than reacting. There just won't be enough time when it happens. There isn't a clock on this either but I want to be at our place by end of June.... that's my gut feeling. If I' wrong, then we spend our savings and start over in a few years - no real biggie in light of the difference if I'm right. And I believe I'm right to move by June.

Past that, I don't know what to say folks. Everyone has to take my post and others and form their own decision. From here out, you'll likely only see me post from my iPhone. I know when I turn in my notice they will release me immediately - that's the norm in secruity sensitive areas.

I will turn in my notice This coming Friday. That will give us time to do lots of things needed before we make the move.

God bless you all - no matter what you think. Trust your instinct - it has always served me well."

Is this guy just another nut, or does he really know something? :eek:

5. TheSeeker17

TheSeeker17 Member

There's no proof it will or will not end- just like the world could end tomorrow, or 5 minutes from now. We don't know- so to live in fear of an apocalypse, is, i agree, quite foolish.
    Nevertheless, Something may happen in 2012- There's a lot of shit that happens to line up around the same time. In all honesty, i doubt it will be the end of the world- But i do believe something is going to happen in 2012. To live in expectation or fear would be madness, but to live in knowing and understanding that it is possible is something i will continue to do.

6. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

Welcome to the internet, where fact, fantasy, propaganda and bull shit collide to form Factasy.

Factasy can be fun and stimulating, it can impress your friends, feed your paranoia and destroy your political enemies, and you can still make it home on time for dinner. And, the amazing part, it's all free for the taking. Just sign on and take a tour down the Internet Highway where little problems like facts are a thing of the past. Become a world renown scientist, Constitutional Scholar, or religious expert; no degrees necessary.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for blurred vision, government coups, paranoia or death due to masturbatory overload. By using our service you agree that we are always right and you are always wrong.

7. Warning

Warning Banned

every generation has their end day scenereos---i choose to believe something will happen Dec 21 2112-------stockpileing guns and ammo as we speak;)

8. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

Smith and Wesson thanks you for your support.

I'm sure something will happen in 2012. Something happens every year. And, whatever does happen will be proof that the Mayans had some mystical powers. I predict that there will be an earthquake next year. So, if the world has an earthquake next year, am I a psychic? Wait....I'm on a roll; there will also be at least one hurricane and several tornadoes, a lot of people will die from starvation and a celebrity will die.

9. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Well I for one am getting tired of upcoming catastrophic events that will either end or at least forever change the world as we know it. Seems about every ten or twenty years the world is supposed to end and its really serious this time. I think it will be just another day just like all the rest of them, certainly nothing to get worked up about. Besides if we all die in some fireball or something whats to be prepared for, not like bringing a sweater or packing a lunch is going to make much difference. :rolleyes:

10. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Sorry to double post here but how can you reasonably say that global warming is not happening when there is evidence of it everywhere? If the earth is not getting warmer then why are all the glaciers melting? Just thought I'd ask.

11. BritInUSA

BritInUSA Member

If you don't want to ignore it, but don't want to subscribe to it then you are free to write a short passage or similar to post on my project at http://www.twothousandtwelve.co.uk.

12. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IDK, I'm over a half a century old and for half of that I have lived off the land. From what I have learned from the land is that there is change. The weather is changing dramaticaly in my part of the country. That cannot be denied, ask the local farmers, the old ones that have knowledge and wisdom of the earth/seasons and astromony.

When you rely on the weather to survive you take notice of what's going on. It reflects in your harvest and livestock. You notice that the Bobwhite Quail is gone and you no longer hear the comfort of their call in the morning mist.

You notice the water level in you well has dropped. You notice when your trees do not bare fruit. You can tell when your chicken stop laying. You notice the inscets have changed their medolious search for food.

You can see it in the sunrise and sunset, you see it in the lakes and streams and what fills them. The Birds tell of it in their song, you have but to listen. You see it in the flowers and plants, as they do not flourish as they once did.

The bruning droughts that plauged and parched us, then the torrents of rain that flooded us. The tempeture in the 80s one day and two foot of snow the next.

The Earth is evolving, it's making natural changes in it's evelution. What will happen to it's inhabitence is anyones guess. We will either survive and adapt or we will parish.

It is kinda strange that they have all those spacestations in place, with provissions to sustain... who? The ones who flee are the ones most likely that have someting to fear, their conscious.

Here's a senerio.. a great movie basics.. :)

The ones that leave, go up to the spacestations and live off what storage is availble.. the ones left on earth, stay and clean up the mess and refurbish the land, the earthlings suceed in cultivating and harvesting substancial amounts of food and water. They live well and flourish, living in peace and harmony bc the politicians are all out in space bossing each other around and earthlings are happy.

Then after a time the politicians run out of food and water and decide to come back to earth and take what the earthlings have. They send a shuttle of politicians down to earth to take over, saying they were still in charge.

The earthlings refused their admittence and send them back to the spacestation with food and water.

The earthlings lived happily ever after to enjoy ALL the wonderfull delights the earth provides without goverment rule :)

How was that for an ending.

13. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

2010 is the new 2012

mark my words and prepare for shit to hit the fan.....

14. Harpo

Harpo Member

15. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

That's gonna stink ! But just think of how good next years crops will grow.

16. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

:D

thats the spirit!

17. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

The Maya, and the Bible (end of the age) ?

Quoted from another post:

The Maya knew about the Precession of the Equinoxes and therefore the relative position of Earth relative to other cosmological and astrological entities, including Galactic Centre, and which gives rise to what the Maya, and numerous other cultures know as "ages".

In the west we know these "ages" in terms of the signs of the zodiac. We are currently in the age of Pisces, the fish, and are entering the Age of Aquarius, the water bearer. In astro-theological terms this is why Jesus is always associated with "fish", and indeed why the mitre of the Pope is a metaphor for the head of a fish.

We should also note that in the Bible, Jesus, represented by fish,
    says:

"Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age".
    --Matthew 28:20.

The "age" being referred to is the age of Pisces the fish.

Jesus also said:

"And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in". -- Luke 22:10

This is a metaphor for the sign of Aquarius the water bearer. Jesus is saying that when we enter the "city" a metaphor for the next age, we will be "meeting" the new age of Aquarius", represented by the water bearer.

hmm..;)

18. TheQuestion

TheQuestion Member

Rofl, I love the pseudo-scientists and believers of fairy tales on these forums. It will be interesting to see if your faith in such nonsense as "the planets aligning to cause Earth's magnetic poles to flip" continues when nothing happens in 2012.

19. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

So do you disbelieve in the notion of all the planets aligning with the center of the milky way in 2012 or in the notion that the Poles of the earth do in fact flip with semi-regularity as has been documented by many Geologists or simply that either are likely to happen within your lifetime let alone the possibility that the former may in fact be what triggers the latter? And I'm not saying anything will happen, but I'm sure not betting against it either.

20. TheQuestion

TheQuestion Member

I'm not contesting either of those facts. I'm contesting the myth that they're related in a cause and event fashion. There's no evidence to support that whatsoever. It's easy to see that the poles have reversed many times, but we have absolutely no idea why.

To say the planets aligning will cause the poles to reverse is no different than picking any other random event and saying that must be the cause.

21. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

I will be okay because I still have all my batteries and duct tape that I did not use from the Y2K scare....
    :p

22. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Well other than the culminative effects of the magnetic fields as being a potential cause,,,
    take a series of strong magnets and place them near a weaker one, see what happens, same principal really, not such unimaginably unrelated incidents when you stop to think of it. And polar flip just refers to the magnetic field, not the whole earth flipping itself upside down suddenly (Just for those unclear on the notion)

But again, not writing anything in stone, just a possibility. We're about due for a Cataclysm though as general cycles go, give or take 5,000 years. (Well give I guess, take would just be hindsight.) And not much to worry over with just a polar flip, all it will do is fry the grid, that's reparable.
    Now the Yellowstone Caldera on the other hand? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera, That would be a mess.
    So if theres any sort of pattern to that to be expected, we're about due for that.

And whats up with all these Tsunami's and massive earthquakes? I mean sure they've always happened, but never with such great frequency as they have over the past decade?

It just seems as if there are too many odds lining up against us dodging the proverbial bullet much longer, some sort of shit is heading for the fan blades and the fact that the Mayan calendar stops altogether at the end of its fifth cycle just makes me think that perhaps theres more than myth and coincidence to the notion. (Note the ends of each previous cycle always had some sort of documented global catastrophe associated with it as well,,,) :eek: