Ignore 2012 fearmongering

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Harpo, Mar 15, 2010.

1. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

that's really fucking strange in my opinion

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well you know, in the year 2000 they thought airplanes were going to fall out of the sky because some guy who'd been dead a hundred years might accidentally get a retirement check. this time we don't even have that.

there are so many things we take for granted, that if we didn't have them, the world really wouldn't end after all.

and some of them, a lot of them, we won't always have. but if they all end at the same time one day in the middle of winter a couple of years from now, well, it's not exactly like i haven't lived without them before.

99.999% of everything that makes problems comes from what humans demand and expect.

3. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

dave's staying home from work and we're bar-b-kegging.

4. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

dude, the fear is the fun part. aint no fun ignoring it. I like to get all antsy in my pantsy and prepare. The most fun I've had since 1999

5. The Earth

The Earth Om Tare Tutare Ture Svaha

You call it fear mongering like the government made it up or something.. before the movie came out and only like 1% of people even knew about 2012, I thought it was something very sacred, a shift, rather than an end. If we all just turned off our minds for a minute maybe we would feel what they were talking about...

6. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

Do you know that the Mayans practiced human sacrifice, sometimes thousands at a time? If they had any sacred knowledge, they wouldn't have been slaughtered by the Spanish.

7. mamaKCita

*chuckles* the man has a point.

8. neuroptican

neuroptican ...hadouken!

Mayans did not sacrifice thousands at a time, you are mixing them with the Aztecs. Also, do you know that the Mayan civilization began to decline hundreds of years before the Spanish would arrive? This seems a better point to weaken the argument that Mayans had attained some "sacred knowledge".

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You're right they were already in decline well before the arrival of the spanish conquistadors [​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja7cuVh96AI"]YouTube- Procol Harum - Conquistador

Hotwater

10. mamaKCita

the egyptians did pretty good. did they have sacred knowledge?

11. neuroptican

neuroptican ...hadouken!

No, that was aliens duh.

12. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

yea i thought the mayans vanished and nobody really knows what the hell happened to them.

13. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

galactic alignment = pole shift, or flip.

i wish i hadn't sold my boat!

[​IMG]

14. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

You are correct. I sometimes get the details of these two cultures mixed up. My interests in them were only from a study of modern religions. In the 70s I noticed a growth of New Age and ancient religions and tried to understand why people were seeking "ancient knowledge" from cultures that were long gone.

If they had some "special knowledge," they would still be here, or, if that knowledge was so advanced that they destroyed themselves, it would be dangerous for us, too. Either way none of it made sense, and still doesn't.

As for prophecy, It doesn't have a very good track record either.

15. mamaKCita

nah. they're still there. their big society collapsed.

16. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

two words: SOLAR CYCLE

17. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

Somebody said "head for the hills," and they did.

http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/CIVAMRCA/MAYAS.HTM

18. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

I was not relying on The Movie for imformation on the 2012 thing.. What I said is: The conclussions drawn for the movie was based on IF there was a shift then the calculations on the devastation of the earth would be authenic as theroy goes.

I have been aware of the possibility since I was a child. The Movie just made it more real and present. Anyone that refuses to listen and does not at least consider the possibility is unconscious in my book.

Look at the weather around the world, the earthquakes and floods. Something is defnatly going down in our universe. You can call me what you will but it wont change a thing.

I watch and listen to the Earth, I live close to it. I get my food and water from the earth and my livestock too, it tells the tale of coming change.

What grows now and what use to grow, the water levels/rainfall, the forecasted weather, the heat index, the snow in March. The insects, birds and other creature that have come and gone.

When you depend on Mother then you have to learn to pay attention and use your instincts. You have to be in tune with nature to know her moods and work around them as best you can.

It's difficult to see the signs in the city, there is not much nature to gleen from, only concrete and it's lifeless. One would have to be in the country a while to notice all the changes that are taking place, to have something to compare to.

It doesnt take a collage degree to know that change is inevetable. All life evolves over time. We adapt, go on about our biz'nez and are bewildered when we are taken by surprize by something that has been in the making for milliniums.

I dont listen to coast to coast, so I am not educated in what you are talking about.

It's just my opinion from what I know of the earth I live on. You may see it different and your intitled to your own befiefs from what you know.

Blessings
    sh

19. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

20. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

^^ has the right idea