Ignore 2012 fearmongering

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Harpo, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Harpo

Harpo Member

or be a gullible idiot :D

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

well duh

3. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

Fear mongering seems to be mostly a neo-conservative thing and the people most affected by it don't have the intelligence to understand more than a sound bite. Faux News makes huge profits catering to them. Fear Mongering is big business.

4. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Right, I mean just because the tides are controlled by the moon's alignment with the earth, why should we expect anything special out of all the planets in our solar system aligning right? I mean what more could happen,,, C'mon now,,,

:rofl:

5. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

I'm an Aquarius. So, is this why my dick gets bigger every January 22?

If the bullet from my .38 goes through you when fired from 10 feet away, shouldn't it do the same from 10 miles away?

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

earths magnetic field will flip...

7. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

I really have no wish to even know why your dick would get bigger on your birthday. Maybe blowing all those candles out excites you?

And no the bullet wouldn't silly, because it only has a limited number of grains with which to propel the projectile. Not to mention the law's of gravity, you know, the attractive force which makes things stick to the earth, would pretty much ensure that your bullet would bite the dust before it got here from such a distance.

However, if you had a big enough cartridge, had enough grains of propellant to move it, and found the proper angle of trajectory, then perhaps you might just hit your mark. The odds are against it, but one never knows given the possible variables.

8. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

I just watched 2012.. if you havent seen it, watch it and see if you dont grasp the concept of what could and has occured as the earth evolves. With all the earthquakes, tidal waves, afterschocks, sinkholes, mudslides, intence floding, torrents of rain, snow in the desert and other Extream events that are taking place around our planet you would have to be an idiot not to have a clue that shit is going down around the planet.

It's Prophacy. The Mayans, Nastradomas, The Hopi Indains, The Bible, all predict it. And here you are putting all these great teachers/teachings to the test with all the puny knowledge you posscess.

Even the PinBall Wizard knew.

The signs are all coming to pass as we still doubt the enevatable.. We all return to our source, why would one think that the earth was an exception. We are organic Beings, The Earth is Organic in it's makeup. It is prone to change as it evolves as has been documented over the presents of Man.

There is nothing we can do about it, we all have to take that final bow on the runway of life, there is no getting around it.

From the teachings, it is said that it will be the end of the world as we know it. It does not say that the Earth itself will be distroyed nor all life on it. AS the old way parishes and that as we know it changes, so, we begin again and start a new calender for our new earth.

The movie just showed what certain events and changes would do to our planet if it occured as is written. With knowledge of events that domino into cataclismic happenings.

Everyone is free to believe what they want. I choose to heed the warnings, the signs that are so prevelent all around us and prepare the best I can and pray that my life has been worthy of being part of the Human Race and that I have helped others on the way, and learned and grew in the experience.

It is not Life and Death, it's Birth and Death, Life is Eternal, the Spirit goes on.

Blessing
    sh

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Someone’s been listening to waaay too much coast to coast am with George Noory :eek:

Hotwater

10. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

there is no proof either way of anything, so to say with a certainty that you know for a fact is foolish and ignorant...

11. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

You can't really be serious, I hope. It's just a movie. And all those so-called prophets, they didn't really predict the future. Try reading the texts, without the spin, and without making assumptions. The Mayan calender ended in 2012 because the guy writing it got old and died.

Do you have any idea how many end of the world predictions have already expired? And Nostradamus said the world wouldn't end until 3000 and something, the followers of Jesus believed that his prophecies would happen in their generation, as has every generation since.

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well to be honest we know of several mass extinction events throughout history including the end of the Permian mass extinction which killed off 97% of all species on earth and another extinction event is due :eek:

It could be just weeks away or more likely millions of years in the future.

Hotwater

13. gorilla warfare

gorilla warfare Member

i'm going to through a big party on december 21, 2012. an epic party.

and then a couple days later i'm going to laugh at everyone who thought they'd be dead by then.

14. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

If we're relying on movies, we just call Bruce Willis and he'll make little rocks out of that asteroid. No worries.

15. Harpo

Harpo Member

If we're relying on movies, I'll take Groundhog Day please

16. Harpo

Harpo Member

And here you are believing that some cheap writers trying to flog their books know better than everyone else when they "interpret" all these great teachers/teachings.
    The Mayans didn't predict nowt, they just made a calendar. I have a calendar on my kitchen wall, it ends on December 31st this year. The one I had last year ended on the same date last year.
    None of the others give a 2012 date, they predicted (if anything) completely different things. In many cases their predictions have been wrongly interpreted over and over again.
    Nostradamus said we'd all be dead in 1999. Wrong.

I believe in flying pigs. :D

17. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

what part of native american, mayan or any prophecy says that anything like the movie 2012 is going to happen?

18. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

2012 is about a radical shift and revolution on the earth and in the cosmos. the perception of everything will shift. there's nothing to fearmonger about but it will most definitely be feared.

Or if i'm wrong then i'm wrong.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

wtf.. I was just checking my cable guide and it goes and goes and goes til 09:30pm Dec 20 -2012.. least Larry King Live will be on, cause thats what its says... :p

20. stacy lulu

stacy lulu yeeeaah buddy

Imma get this shirt that says "Party like its 2012" Epic.