"Oxycontin" not oxycodone. Drug test detection period

Discussion in 'Drug Testing and Legal Issues' started by slamdunc, Mar 12, 2010.

1. slamdunc

slamdunc Guest

I need to know what the drug dection period is for oxycontin, because i thought that oxycontin and oxycodene are the same. so i looked online and saw that it was 1-2 days to get out of system. So i stopped using monday night and got tested on thursday at 4:00, i failed it! So now i need to know if i will be ok because i stupidly used on friday and have a drug test this coming wed. afternoon. So that gives me 4 1/2 days to get this out of my system. Does anybody have any experience in this area, please let me know what you have learned. Also please no lectures about not using i screwed up and i know! Finally this is for my suboxone doctor so i can just go get clean pee because i need suboxone in my system too. So please help me out and i would love to see links if you have any.

2. The Real Peter Parker

The Real Peter Parker Member

WATER. That is all. Drink an extra liter of water two hours before the test, and probably a 20 oz soda one hour before the test to add some color, and you'll be fine.

EDIT: off on a side thought it looks like you're making a distinction between Oxycontin and Oxycodone, when there's no difference...

3. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Drink lots of water 2-4 days is how long it takes in the average, it's not a science to how quickly an individual body will metabolize a drug.

4. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Check the stickied threads.

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Water helped me pass a marijuana test just a few days after I've smoked.

Make sure to drink a lot the day of the test!

6. TheMadcapSyd

Drink a lot of water period. Drinking water with weed tests is to try to dilute your urine enough where it's not detected. Most drugs are water soluble though, drinking tons of water can help get them out of your system quicker.

7. fryingsquirrel

fryingsquirrel Member

Oxycontin mean oxycodone extended release so it probably does stay in your system a few hours longer, by however long it takes to be absorbed. That assumes you're eating them of course.

8. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

oxycodone usually stayed in my plasma for at least 3 days.

9. TheMadcapSyd

It depends, oxy is mostly not metabolized into morphine, and it's morphine that was traditionally in the 5 panel, so unless you were doing a lot of oxy you could generally pass. Most POs around the country though have begun to test for oxys now too.

10. fiveangels75

fiveangels75 Guest

i am a regular user of roxicodone and i have a dr appt in the morning at 8am yesterday morning i did a line of meth and in the afternoon i did some roxy i need to know will i possibly pass the test or can i crush part of a roxi into clean urine will that work

11. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Why do you want to crush a roxy into clean urine? To make it seem like the sample is contaminated?

12. fiveangels75

fiveangels75 Guest

yes my urine must show that i have been using my prescription as directed