How far would they go?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by LeeLooD, Feb 25, 2010.

1. LeeLooD

LeeLooD Member

A couple of days ago, a friend of mine went to explore a volcano area in my country. The path is very long and they went at 6am so they could get back before night fall.. but they couldn't. So, when it go dark they lost the way and called for help. They sent someone the next morning.. by that time they were walking back since daylight arrived. They came with 4-wheels and pickups and stuff making a whole scene of it.

The media published on the papers that they were lost for days and the firemen were looking for them at all costs (LIE) and they took unauthorized pictures of them making them see all tired and helpless while the firemen took all the credit for doing NOTHING.
    its all a big lie, they exaggerate stuff to create DRAMA.
    People is attracted to daily DRAMA, that's why everyone reads and watches the news.

2. BusyBee168

BusyBee168 Banned

I think it happens everywhere. The mass media convolute the real issue at hand and sometimes adds and fabricates some details to make it more appealing to the readers and viewers. So there are times that the truth of the matter doesn't come out.

I am glad though that your friends were able to get back without any harm. :)

choosehottubsdirect.com , choosehottubsdirect

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I saw a teacher (and older brother's friend) of mine on the news. Apparently he was in jail for fucking with a student.

My friends sees him at a gas station a few weeks later.

Turns out, he was fired. Her parents pressed charges and dropped them the same day. He got his teaching license revoked.

He called the local news channel KDKA, and was like "none of what you said was true" and was literally told "It was a slow news week"

Sort've related:
    We had a housefire when I was younger. The neighbors yelled and woke us up. We gathered on the roof and they took a ladder from under our addition and helped us down.
    The firemen took credit on the news the next morning.