Quaaludes, closest drug currently around to Quaaludes

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by roxyblue95, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Wawawewow

Wawawewow Members

2. Wawawewow

Wawawewow Members

Soma and Vicodin do feel great. I wouldn't recommend taking them though as I ended going to rehab multiple times, od-ing, almost lost my family, spent no bullshit 75 grand in less than 2 years and lost the fire in my spirit. Now I'm on vivitrol praying to get my life back.

3. etechmaster

etechmaster Members

What I can't understand is Bill Cosby said he used Quaaludes to rape women. I don't know how he got it into their system, maybe food but that would have been pretty nasty tasting too, but if he crushed even one and put it in their drink, these women would have had to know it. There would have been white powder clouding all over and in their drink plus it has a pretty bitter taste. Maybe there is an injection liquid form of it that I don't know of. Anyone have any info on how he did it? I know women that took them and didn't get wasted to not know what was happening.

Anyway, on a different note, I only heard of Etaqualone a short while ago. Does it really compare to a 714 Lude as far as strength? If anyone in here has done both, could I get your opinion on it? If they are equals and still available I've never seen them around at all. But lately I haven't been around at all. I've seen some of these sites saying they have ludes and trees even heroin! but I think they are full of "HOT AIR" (being nice). I would trust them as far as the width of one folical of my hair. I don't think they can compare to the US.

So, I'll be back to check in on all of you're interesting post people. .

4. dedmunne

dedmunne Members

While this is an old thread I'm glad to see it still active and I couldn't resist responding/commenting! In the late 70's early 80's I had a friend who's Father owned a couple of Pharmacies and he would buy out small Pharmacies when they were going out of business. Well lucky me would get to go with my buddy to do inventory, document and take them back to his Fathers Pharmacy. OMG! Chip would say "Anything that's open, take half! Anything that's sealed, don't touch it!"! You can see where this is headed, right? We had huge bottles and bottles and bottles of Quaaludes, Placidyls (green and red), Valiums (Blue,Yellow,left the Whites). Needless to say that was a pretty unproductive time in my life, but it sure was fun! Now to the OP's question? Nothing....NOTHING! I've did a lot of drugs in my life but 'stumble biscuits' were awesome! And to people saying ludes wasn't that good? I don't know what you were taking but the ones we were getting wasn't referred to as "stumble biscuits" for nothing, I've had fakes that were 'ok' but I only used them to crush and sprinkle on 'homegrown' leaves and smoke! For those saying the effects didn't last that long? The buzz lasted long enough there was more than one time I wished it didn't. Placidyls? They were stupid so I never drank with them, pin pricked(YUCK) and only drank water or pop.

If I had it to do over again I wouldn't even think about it but when you're young you don't think. At least I didn't anyway! I'm thankful I made it through all of that, a lot didn't!

Pattie62 likes this.
  5. Icyinfernal

Icyinfernal Members

Ambien
    I'm royally surprised no one brought Ambien up as it's basically regarded as the modern day Quualude. Very similar effects: Memory loss, inhibition, knocks you the fuck out, euphoria, mild visuals, and similar to benzos but often thought to be distinct from the benzo class.
    Now-a-days if you're feeling euphoric for a Quualude buzz, just go to any psychiatrist and say you have trouble sleeping and BOOM, Ambien prescription.
    Plus, it's way safer than Quualudes, some people say the euphoria isn't as intense, I find it rather comparable to be honest. Plus that huge rush of mania you get when you fight off the sleepiness is amazing.

6. sekyer

sekyer Members

sorry that time has passed. there were nothing like ludes......

JOEDI likes this.
  7. Pattie62

Pattie62 Members

You must have never taken Ludes or you would never had mentioned Ambien..I’m old enough to say I loved Roer 714..They were the best drug I had ever taken at that time..I certainly wouldn’t recommend them for a sleeping pill.. That would be wasting them.. We called them stumble biscuits because that is what we did while the n them.. Has anyone ever walked into a tree? Well on ludes you don’t realize your walking into the tree until the next day when your all messed up from walking into the tree over and over.. When ludes became a class 1 and all of the lemons were gone , we would mix codeine and Doridens together.. We called them Lodes. When you first get that feeling taking a soma it feels like Ludes for a few minutes but then that feeling goes away. I think someone asked if ludes were like Benzos in anyway. Let’s just say there was nothing like ludes and I don’t think there ever will be.. We all wreaked too many cars got arrested but hey it was a blast.. At least I was told I had fun. I don’t remember a lot..The generation after the baby boomers won’t ever Party like we did because the good drugs are mostly gone..
    Ok. Your not really comparing Quaaludes to Ambien are you?? I’m old enough to remember roer 714’s and if you would have ever taken them they make people, well I will own it. They felt wonderful.. I have had a prescription for Ambien for two years and believe me, there is no comparison. Ambien is not for anything but insomnia, anyone who took a Lude to sleepwas wasting them..The 1970’s and early 1980’s was one big fun party. Unfortunatly there were a lot of deaths car accidents and jail was a constant. I loved Ludes but I am a lot older and a lot wiser today.. If someone offered me a barbiturate or a Lude I would hope I wouldn’t accept it. Lucky for me that most of these wonderful drugs are all gone..

8. Pattie62

Pattie62 Members

Me too.. I’m wondering if they willingly took the pills because they trusted him..

One2many1970s likes this.
  9. One2many1970s

One2many1970s Members

I was a very big fan for about three years daily of Quaaludes or Rorer 714. I never tried or heard of Lemon. My neighbor in San Francisco got them by the jar full. It was like a sudden relaxation with a sense of euphoria attached at first; I would sometimes fall asleep and then be feeling great on the leftovers (Melanie's "Leftover Wine"). of course in later years one and a few beer would do the trick. The great thing about them for me was that one would last for about 8 hours if I had a beer or glass of wine every so often after an hour of consumption. The high was an intense feeling of wellbeing with a total loss of inhibitions making way for great conversation, music, and then a gentle slide into sex; usually of orgy style. It is very hard to pinpoint what made it so different from all the others but, I think the sense of wellbeing was it for me. I found this same feeling on lower doses of Placidyl (Ethchlorvynol/GABA-ergic sedative). Though the latter was heavier and I once woke up in a restaurant face down in my mashed potatoes. Even on the lower dose. They had the same euphoric feeling as Quaaludes but, were often just to much like a sledge hammer as they came on very quickly and hard. I would like to thank whoever started this chat as I am finally able to read and chat about experiences which often times leave me feeling confused or filled with desire for the things that are not there anymore. Oh yes, I do take Clonazepam but, they do not even come close to Quaaludes, nor do any of the other Benzodiazepines. I am able to relax somewhat with benzodiazepines but, they leave me quickly and more stressed out than before I took them. I asked my Dr. about Quaaludes in Canada but he just smiled knowingly and said no way. Seems that just knowing what they were put me on his do not repeat list. LOL... Sure would be nice to ride the Quaaludes once again freely. Again Thank you for being here and I will book mark this page to read on and I will try to answer any specific questions about how they felt to take when asked..

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Pattie62 likes this.
  10. forte88

forte88 Members

I haven’t really talked to too many people about those days but reading other’s experiences, I just had to chime in. I remember the Rorer then the lemmons . I did many and it was one of my recreation drugs of choice. Occasionally I enjoyed mixing them with some special sugar cubes I would get from my dead head friends which made an enjoyable no paranoia psychedelic experience. When I look back I wonder how I ever survived... but also... no regrets. It was a wonderful time to be in your early 20’s. About 15 or 20 mins after taking a lude you would feel some numbness in your fingertips with a euphoria and a body buzz that really was great for some sexual fun with the right partner that was also in the same state. It was not uncommon to wake up with bruises that you cannot recall how they got there. There was also the mush mouth speech that made you talk like you had glue in your mouth. This all occurred in the late 70’s and early 80s. I was in Ohio. There were both the bootlegs and the scripts. The bootlegs often varied in quality. When the tablets began to dry up there was an influx of what we called soper powder. The uncut stuff was in rock form and had the color of bisquick. It was commonly cut with bisquick after being crunched up and put in powder form and sold in weight. Those in the know could tell the cut stuff because for some reason the bisquick would turn the powder a pink hue after a few days. I haven’t seen anybody talk much about the powder in this thread. It flowed heavily amongst my biker friends who seemed to have the closest access to the labs creating this stuff. The powder also had a pungent smell which was extremely strong . Most commonly it would be taken in a capsule with emptied gelatin capsules being the preferred capsule. Tylenol capsule would work in a pinch. Or if you’re really desperate, ive seen people ball some up in toilet paper and swallow it that way. Eating it raw was just about impossible Without gagging. Some smoked it but my theory was that that it couldn’t be good for the lungs and that heat probably destroyed a good deal of potency and was wasteful. The buzz was almost duplicate to the Rorer and Lemmons. Also not mentioned in the thread were the orange A.S. Which was before the rorers. I remember that the powder did eventually give me kidney stones and no longer worth it. Then adulthood set in and the responsibilities of fatherhood which made me grow out of all that. But I do sometimes miss the euphoria of that buzz. Somebody mentioned ambien. Not even close! Soma? Nice.. but still no comparison. Oxycodone gives you a few moments of the euphoria... but still no cigar. At my now old age I think I might be tempted if I came across a 714 but knowing the last time I fell I tore my acl and needed surgery... not sure I could come away unscathed. Maybe I’d try a half. I always tried to be somewhat safe and avoided driving and never wrecked a car on ludes. I knew many that did. Good memories... for the times a can remember.

11. Keith Hammond

Keith Hammond Members

I and like 5 of my buddies got strung out on ludes over Christmas holidays circa 1982. I remember Buying 200 Lemmon 714s the day our classes ended at school. Damn! Those things should have killed us! We were taking them before work, Christmas morning, you know, pretty much at the worst possible times. I am surprised that none of us got killed. About 3 weeks after "Quaalude Christmas" ended, I starting putting what happened in the best order that I can remember. I had been arrested twice, showed up Christmas morning in front of the entire family Drooling on myself, missed Court and had had a bench warrant issued for my arrest. My neighbors had found me in my housecoat one morning, clapping my hands together and barking like a seal. The Best Advice that I Can Give To Anyone, Stay Awayfrom Those Damn Things!

12. etechmaster

etechmaster Members

Well friends and neighbors, Here is my story on ludes in the 70 and 80's. I was pretty lucky being able to get pharmaceutical ludes about 80% of my days with them. I've even had bootlegs that were just as good. The way I used to tell whether or not it was a good or bad lude was take a tiny bite out of one. If it was a bitter taste, it was a good bootleg. If it had a kind of sweet taste it was nothing but a big Valium which I did some of the time. Yes I too was around when they made the Rorer's before Lemmon's.. If you ask me, it was better than heroin which I only snorted. The way to keep the lude buzz going which most in this forum that I read didn't get off for only 30 minutes which was the best part of the time, but you had to drink a beer or a drink every so often and do NOT eat. That would bring you down so fast. I used to fight the hunger because they would actually make you hungry. Also to get the best buzz was to take it on an empty stomach and down a beer with it. Trees were just as good too! Just like a lude to me.Had to get the F66 200 mg. It was a combination of 100 mg. of Seconal and 100 mg. of Amytal. They might have even been better than ludes some would say. I would say about the same. I remember the last time I got 200 bootleg ludes and they were just as good as pharms. I gave a few to friends and did the rest of them. That was the last time I saw them in 83. But I had found a feel good eastern doctor in the late 90's who wrote a trees script for me. Problem was trying to fill them. I looked all over the city of New Orleans and all of the pharmacists looked at me like I was crazy because pharmacies usually will not tell you over the phone if they have narcotics and especially trees because they weren't being prescribed any more. BUT I looked in the yellow pages after about 25 tries and made a phone call to an uptown mom and pop pharmacy and asked if he had them. It was an elderly guy who very cryptically said he had them. I was able to fill about 5 scripts of them and he ran out....Sad days ahead....... OK younger folks who had not had those 2. I'd rather have them than an orgasm. That would be the best way to describe how they feel. That is the honest as I can be. But the reason I chose this site is because I wanted to see if they still had MANDRAX in Mexico. If you get them from South Africa, you are probably not getting a real lude because I heard they put all kind of BS in it like MDMA and synthetic crap. Mandrax used to come cellophane packaged at about 20 a sheet. They had actually 50 mg more than a 714 did. So if anyone knows if they still make them or get them in Mexico, let me know and I guess I will have to make a trip down there!!!

13. JOEDI

JOEDI Jo

Hi, Im a new member, Not really sure how to work the site, But i like the subject your all talking about. Any one on this tread anymore??

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  14. JOEDI

JOEDI Jo

15. JOEDI

JOEDI Jo

I would love some let me know

16. john upton

john upton Newbie

who ever said ambien is like "ludes" has definitely never take "disco biscuits" or "panty droppers"
    Lemon 714s changed the name to Mequin 300s 6 months before they were discontinued in 85
    Mexican Mandrax were 200mg sheets of 10 discontinued 88 l could buy them for $3 a sheet.
    Ranbaxy in India manufactured they bought by Sun chemicals 2014 as of 2020 only made in S Africa w/benadryl added and they are not like the US the best were Parest 400mg "blue tips" or " orange AS'es by annar stone were usually nice and fresh
    Tuinals were close to ludes, Amytal & Seconal but EILilly discontinued they only make Seconal now but "reds" hit really quick just don't last long it was the "blue bombers" that made them long lasting
    The "big green meanies" Placidyl not even close
    Personally for me it was Tuinal and Escatrol SKFJ66 that was my disco biscuits then of course Ecxtasy &
    Desoxyn the plastic matrix methamphetamine soakem & shootem for all weekend of "Debauchery" or Penwalt biamphtemine 15mg
    18875s " black beauties" or black & whites 10mg
    5mg all white beauties capsules lemon133s

17. Josh Rapp

Josh Rapp Members

Id love to hear you talk about a story of when you were taken these.