I want to

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by vindictive, Dec 16, 2009.

1. vindictive

vindictive Member

get home schooled i hate school
    but i can't my mum works 12-4
    and says she's not smart enough

2. Valdis

Valdis Member

How old are you? Do you live in a community that would be safe for you to be home alone? There are self learning things you could do. You'd have to be really motivated. Get The Teenage Liberation Handbook, read it and prepare for a really open discussion with your mom.

3. vindictive

vindictive Member

I'm 15 yeah i'm home alone a lot
    i live in the uk though and you have ask for permission
    to get home schooled

4. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Most places claim you need permission, but it's usually best just to 'inform' the authorities of your intentions rather than actually asking permission. They don't really care, but saying 'can I?' invites them to look into the issue and make a decision, whereas saying 'I am' pressures them to just say 'whatever.' I was homeschooled for a while; that's what my mom did, and what other homeschoolers recommended.

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Why do you hate school?

6. Valdis

Valdis Member

Permission from who? Your parents? The school officials?

7. vindictive

vindictive Member

school officials you have to write to them.

8. Valdis

Valdis Member

So write them.

9. danxdan

danxdan Member

don't get home schooled. It's good to be in school for the experience and to build social skills.

10. vindictive

vindictive Member

no its just makes it worse
    i have a social phobia

11. TheatreMommy

TheatreMommy Member

My husband was raised in the UK and had a terrible experience in highschool. He was heavily bullied by students and teachers! Teachers, holy wow that just gets to me... here in Canada I don't think a teacher could get away with what he endured (i.e., "You're never going to pass my class, so I refuse to teach ... you" Said when trying to get into a class... because his parents were deaf and working class).
    So, he wound up dropping out at 16 or so, and just working.
    If you are having a bad experience and you honestly want to continue learning, then self home schooling is a very good answer for you. Write the council or whomever it is who makes the decision after you do a bit of research. Go into it well armed with information. And there are many resources out there for you... online if not in your community. And remember, you may be in the minority, but you are not alone in your experiences and in your desire to work through them.
    With any luck, you can continue to keep something social in your life - to work through your social phobia... but, you know, keep it on a level you're comfortable with for now. Maybe even put some form of social development into your curriculum. Find like minded souls who are less... taxing on you emotionally.

Good luck!

12. mindtraveling

mindtraveling Member

Yeah I was a bit like that when I was your age, but its just part of life my dude live and learn, dont live and run from problems!!:cool:

13. thetony

thetony Member

education isn't necessarily about social skills.
    It's about learning what you need to know in life so that you can get a good job in the future.
    ...so if homeschooling is the best way for you, then I would go for it. =]

14. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Also he's 15, not 4- his social skills are probably quite developed and if he doesn't want to sit in a classroom for 8 hours a day surrounded by terrible people (high school can be cruel) then he shouldn't be forced to.

Look into it, brother; get on that phone and start making calls until you can arrange homeschooling or some other alternative for yourself! The process alone will be a great life lesson in independence :)