Aliens..

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Sweetleaf63, Nov 25, 2009.

1. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

we are not in a court of law Zorba... and you don't have to prove anything... i'm merely interested in knowing what your sources are for coming to the decision that it is bullshit...

peace

2. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Burden of proof is not just a legal concept; it applies to any form of argumentation.

Anyway, the reason I came to the conclusion that they're bullshit is because they do a shitty job of proving their ideas. I used to believe in all this alien/government stuff, then I learned to think critically and realized it's just science fiction. Why do you think I need sources for that? I've never seen any decent evidence for these ideas.

3. lillallyloukins

i don't think YOU need sources for that, but others may be interested in looking at your sources and making their own minds up... i, for one, would have been interested...

4. Sweetleaf63

Sweetleaf63 Senior Member

Ok guys this is getting funny...

5. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Sources for what, though? I don't have any sources for this; it's just the product of critically examining the material. Are you asking for sources promoting other points of view on the subject? Or what? I really don't understand.

6. lillallyloukins

the material you have read and critically examined, and determined as bullshit, and the material you have read/seen, arguing against it, would be the sources i'm alluding to...

7. HippiexChild

HippiexChild Banned

But come on Zorba. Think about it. Billions of galaxies. We live in one galaxy. And we hardly know shit about it. For all we know, Aliens could be living on a moon thats in our solar system. They could have some kind of cloaking device covering the moon to keep us from detecting them. Who the fuck knows though? Right? :]

8. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

I'm not arguing against the existence of aliens at all -- I'm saying they're not on Earth working with our governments (or fighting them, or whatever other flavor of UFO lore you can think of).

I read a lot of stuff by David Icke in my day, and other books by authors I can't even recall. The really typical alien/UFO conspiracy stuff. It really doesn't stand up to scrutiny. As for sources arguing against it, I already explained that I haven't read too many. It's not something I need sources for.

9. mastercylinder

mastercylinder Banned

ive never seen aliens--but sure i believe in them though----hell even Reagen as Gov of Calif. made the plane he was in follow something that was UFO

10. HippiexChild

HippiexChild Banned

We don't know anything about our government. The only thing we know about them is what they tell us. They have prolly did so much shit that could change history its not even funny. If they had been honest with us from the very beginning. We could trust them. But we can't. And what good is a country if nobody can trust their government? Isn't it sad the world we live in? Politicians are so corrupt. Even now, I bet there are some people out there doing bad shit, that will be caught for it. Like that governer roy blagoyvich or whatever who was doing that shit. There is alot of shit going on at this very moment in politics that nobody knows about.

So my closure statement. Fuck the Government, Fuck America, Fuck the lame ass Constitution, Fuck the Judicial System, and Fuck this Dictatorship thats we call a Democracy. If the Government tells you to do something, You do it. No questions asked. Or you get hurt, or die.:mad:

11. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

I agree with you. Most of the history of the modern world is a fabrication, and the government is certainly not there to serve the interests of its subjects. I'm not arguing this based on what the government says or doesn't say about aliens. I'm arguing it based on my own research, which indicates that most of this stuff is disinformation aimed at discrediting legitimate research into 'conspiracy theories' and leading people off into science fiction when they start to look into some of this stuff. There's so much bad information out there that separating the wheat from the chaff becomes a massive undertaking. Most of the 'conspiracy' stuff people find when they first start looking is total crap, in my experience.

12. HippiexChild

HippiexChild Banned

I agree. If it wasn't for all these hoaxes, maybe then just maybe more people would have a reason to believe something is going on. The government thinks they know whats best for the people. When in reality, our country was founded on the principles that we, the people, should be able to govern our own country. Today, We are electing officials to do this for us. And they are corrupt and they are starting to gain too much power. Thus, this is making it hard to prove conspiracy theories. Think about things such as Area 51 and what not. The Government could be keeping it secret for alot of reasons. Maybe to keep knowledge from reaching our enemies. Or maybe, to keep the people from knowing the truth about things.

Lets remember what happened when roswell went down. There were so many witnesses, yet most of them had to keep silent about what they seen or what they had heard. I doubt hundreds of people would make up shit like that. What reason would they have? To get the hopes up of people about something that doesn't exist. Think about it. Research it some more. Facts are hard to find. Because the GOVERNMENT tries to cover the facts up with bogus stories.

13. lillallyloukins

the following is a youtube link to a film i watched fairly recently...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEMMhu16y6c&feature=channel

what amazed me, is the fact that until that moment, i had neither seen or heard any references to craft objects such as these.... in 1988/89, i saw hundreds of these craft over south east london... a few years later, when i finally had access to a computer, i trawled the internet and could find nothing like them... until this film.... they were the exact same craft... there is definitely something going on... just don't know what yet... by the way, it is worth watching the whole film and not just the clip i have linked to here...

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my cousins are out there, waiting for humanity to grow up and get its head out of its ass to welcome us into the galactic fold. they don't represent the diverse cultures and life forms of just one other world, but of many.

but they're not the only ones out there either.

i don't know exactly when the time will be, but i do know what's deleying it is humans killing humans to maintain unsustainable imbalances because some are symbolicly gaining at the expense of others by doing so.

when we as a species grow up and grow out of that, THEN we'll be ready for the rest of the universe; and the rest of the universe will be waiting to welcome us.

15. Sweetleaf63

I strongly agree with this.Fuck the government!

16. Sweetleaf63

The Universe is definently awaiting:)

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sounds like I'm watching Star trek.

18. Sweetleaf63

hahha i agree:)

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Hehe, I like that idea just as much though. I'm just not sure if we ever get out there on our own since I don't see our earthly struggles ending soon unfortunately. Don't see a Vulcan kind of race helping us either. :p

20. HippiexChild

HippiexChild Banned

But the fact is, its not. We are humans, and by nature we kill. By nature we do awful things everyday. Things we don't even think too much about. I'm pretty sure that the aliens are watching us. Some people abducted even said in hyponsis that they are warning us to change our ways or our world will come to an abrupt end.