help on a hat

Discussion in 'Knitty Gritty' started by trippyfish, Nov 18, 2009.

1. trippyfish

trippyfish Member

hi in looking for a crochet beanie pattern with a pretty desent pot leaf in it.you know a hat pattern where i can carry the yarn and stuff if you can help thanks

2. oshinn

oshinn Member

you can find lots of patterns for crochet beanies online... if you want to put a pot leaf on it you can embroider one, or just use yarn to sew an outline on the outside... otherwise there is intarsia crochet which shows how to use more than one color in a pattern:

http://www.knitting-and.com/crochet/tunisian-intarsia.htm

3. trippyfish

trippyfish Member

i know how to use more then one color i just dont know when to switch it to make it look like a pot leaf

4. kquirt

kquirt Guest

i don't personally have a pattern for that, but you may want to try ravelry
    they have a ton of knit/crochet patterns...

5. melo85

melo85 Guest

If you use some graph paper and sketch out the leaf on that you could use it as a diagram. Each Square = One single crochet. So if you want it centered on your hat, Crochet the hat per pattern directions and then use the intarsia graph you've created in the appropriate spot.

On a side note, this works well with crochet but for knitting because the "stitch" isn't quite square you would have to adjust the graph pattern so it doesn't come out all smushed.