2001: A Shroom Odyssey

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by DroneLore, Oct 19, 2009.

1. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

This Saturday I ate an eighth of shrooms and had a good trip. It was the first time I'd eaten mushies since eating 7 grams last 4/20. It was stronger then I expected. By looking at the shrooms I wasn't expecting them to be very potent. But I had barely eaten all day and I must have started tripping twenty to thirty minutes after ingestion. This is probably one of the most difficult come ups I've ever had. I was very nervous and unsure whether I'd enjoy myself, or if I'd ever eat shrooms again after this. Eventually I hit a plateau and things got better. We watched 2001: A Space Odyssey (hence my incredibly contrived thread title), and that was nothing short of a spiritual experience. I pretty much started tripping with the movie, so by the time Part IV: Beyond the Infinite came on, I was peaking. It was so beautiful, the way Kubrick fucks with your sense of direction is certainly more than enough to throw a sober person for a loop. I had a lot of interesting thoughts inspired by the movie: the possibility that time is "god," Kubrick as a poet of cinema, the nature of that indefinable 'thing' that nigh invariably comes up when I trip, whatever you want to call it: tao, it, that thing....that essence that is wrapped up in everything but so finely it's impossible to ever fully pinpoint let alone comprehend....symbolized by the monolith in 2001. I also realized I'm starting to get a better grasp on how I 'trip.' For a while I closed my eyes and saw the same kind of visuals I'd seen the last time I took shrooms, and on DPT as well (which I thought was interesting). It's like this world made up rectangles and cylinders but the geometry is constantly shifting and doesn't make "sense." And then there are things that move and look kind of like people but with perfectly cylindrical legs and plastic smiling faces. it weirded me out a little so I opened my eyes...also we were still watching 2001 and I thought sitting there with my eyes closed might be a little rude. :p

I am also pretty sure that I'm more comfortable tripping outside. It's not that I can't trip inside (I obviously can :p), but something about all the right angles really unsettles me. Whenever I get that feeling and step outside for a moment, the juxtaposition never ceases to amaze me.

After the movie ended we listened to some music: Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Mingus (awesome jazz). I was rocking out to Fade to Black, it was the most pure enjoyment I've gotten out of metal is some years. Very nostalgic, and awesome, awesome some. By the time we watched Space Balls I had pretty much stopped tripping. I'd never seen it before and thought it was hilarious.

I was tripping with four other people, and for three of them it was their first time. They all had great trips, especially this one girl who was constantly laughing and so excited about EVERYTHING. haha, it was fun.

I'm going up to my friend's cabin for fall break soon, where no doubt many a sac will be tripped. I'm not sure if I want to eat shrooms again though or just do some acid or 2C-I.

2. neuroptican

neuroptican ...hadouken!

Jesus, never seen Space Balls? I've seen it a couple hundred times, along with most Mel Brooks movies. Anyways, sounds like you had a good time. Funny coincidence, we were tripping at the same time. Listen to Yes - 90215 next time you trip, haha, shit blew my mind.

2001 is an amazing movie to watch tripping, I did that my first time I took some.

3. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

I watched Star Trek - The Motion Picture the first time I took LSD and Fantasia. Both good movies to watch while tripping as well. Good choice of movies however. Kubrick was awsome and you can't tell me that his inspiration was not fueled by one or two drug expereinces of his own.