A fabulous project :)

Discussion in 'Knitty Gritty' started by Sunburst, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I was just surfing random sites a couple of weeks ago and I ended up stumbling upon this group- it's called the MotherBear Project (http://www.motherbearproject.org/). Has anyone else heard of it?

I'm not a very good knitter (yet!) but I plan on learning how to properly do this pattern because I just love this idea! They will give you a pattern for a $5 donation and then, once you knit and send them your bear, they send it off to one of several African nations and deliver them to children affected by HIV/AIDS.

I just wanted to share the link with you guys on the chance anyone is interested in contributing- I think it's just a beautiful cause. Kids need a friend and when you don't have much family left, having something to cuddle and hug and share your secrets with can be a wonderful, wonderful thing :)

2. knitphomaniac

knitphomaniac Banned

That's pretty awesome :D I'll check it out and be sure to also share it on ravelry... it's a clever idea! :D