Morning After Pill Vs. Abortion

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by New2Sex, Sep 8, 2009.

1. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

I know, I read your posts. None of my comments were directed at you.

2. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Oh okay.

3. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

True about 98% of the time. Other times, an egg is released, and if fertilized, it usually gets rejected the same as it would with the Plan B bill. It's rare for the woman to know when/if this happens. Sometimes, there is a little extra bleeding. Even a doctor can't tell for sure what has happened afterward.

4. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Well tell that to those that responded to me claiming that this wasn't the case.

I'm caught in the middle here on what to believe happens now in the woman's body in response to the pill just because of the mixed responses here. I'll let you take over the conversation from here Karen.

5. NurseSteve

NurseSteve Member

Please stop confusing the issue of the morning after pill. It is no more than a post coital birth control pill. Women do get a "period" after using it but that's all. It has nothing to do with abortion; only the ultra-conservatives on the right wing and priests in skirts claim that the morning after pill is equivalent to abortion.

6. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

7. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Well unfortunately due to the Hobby Lobby case, they are legally one in the same now, regardless of what science says.

8. NurseSteve

NurseSteve Member

Karen J, thank you for the link.
    Monkjr, five old men and a whole bunch of priests in skirts love this decision. Women, look out for the actions of priests in skirts, they have more clout with the court than all the women in the country.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention. “Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.” Clearly Hosea desires that the people of Ephraim can no longer have children. God of course obeys by making all their unborn children miscarry.

Numbers 5:11-21 to be performed on a wife SUSPECTED of adultery. This is considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man’s child.

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.” In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”. Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”.

1 Samuel 15:3 God commands the death of helpless "suckling" infants. This literally means that the children god killed were still nursing.

Psalms 135:8 & 136:10 Here god is praised for slaughtering little babies.

Psalms 137:9 Here god commands that infants should be “dashed upon the rocks”

Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”

Judges 11:30-40 Jephthah killed his young daughter (his only child) by burning her alive as a burnt sacrifice to the lord for he commanded it.

Psalms 137:8-9 Prayer/song of vengeance “0 daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. [​IMG]

10. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Well Christians today say that those sacrifices were needed until Christ gave the final sacrifice.

It's like saying that all the human deaths before, only payed interest on the debt of sin, and then only Christ's payment was enough to get rid of both Principle and Interest of sin.

Just FYI, that's the response you'll get from a Christian if you cite those OT versus in a modern context.

Also some fringe, groups of Christianity, say that the ones killed in the OT, weren't pure human (nephilim) and so the deaths of their babies, weren't the deaths of pure human babies. (I should mention this is a very fringe group of Christians though, who also run with conspiracy theory videos too regarding UFO's alien-human offspring being a modern equivalent of the OT's corruption of seed in Noah's day, hence the reason for THE FLOOD).

----

But then you can see how the concept of "purity" got applied to civil rights and racial issues back in the 1800's and 1900's til the Civil Rights Movement huh?

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

Is orange juice a sin to drink if it causes miscarriages. trumpeters trumpet the bible to their own tune.

12. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

That's actually not true, but I get what your saying.

For instance few have walked the path of Christianity without being a hypocrite and that's where the backlash comes from.

13. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A lot of christians have forgotten about logs and specks in peoples eyes.

14. angelica peaches

angelica peaches Member

The abortion is way more harmful. The morning after pill is just for when the condom broke, etc. You don't even know you are pregnant, it is just a precaution.
    I do feel companies have the right to refuse to fund things that are against their belief, people also have the right not to work and shop there.
    I don't smoke or like the smell smoke, but I do not want the government banning smoking!
    We need to look at the big picture.......

15. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Yeah but the bible and people's faith, says nothing against funding an insurance policy.

There's 2 degrees of separation, and there is no guarantee the medical procedure in question will actually happen.

The employers had plausible deniability in the former system.

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

That's right; nearly everybody who participates in the economic system puts products and services out there that can be used by all kinds of people for all kinds of purposes, good and bad. You're not responsible for those decisions.

17. LM2014

LM2014 Member

This is where your "logic" fails. COMPANIES are NOT people and therefore CAN NOT have "BELIEFS".

18. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

Yeah, companies ran by racists should totally be allowed to stop funding black peoples' insurance policies.

:rolleyes:

19. HotPink816

HotPink816 Members

I think abortion is much more complicated than the morning after pill.

20. NurseSteve

NurseSteve Member

HotPink816, abortion is more complicated and must be done by a health care professional for patient safety.