Another Year

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by SuperBartok, Sep 4, 2009.

1. SuperBartok

SuperBartok Member

We have 5 kids, 4 being home schooled this year (K, 2nd, 8th, 9th) and we're all loving it. We considered our oldest going to public HS but after much thought and prayer decided to stay with home schooling. Each year the kids excellent year end test grades are encouragement and evidence that we've made the right choice for our family.

So a big Salute and Good luck to all the Home schoolers ready for another year!!

SB:)

2. melyet

melyet Member

Why do all godly folk believe homeschooling is the right choice? Was Jesus home schooled?

3. SuperBartok

SuperBartok Member

Our choice started when our youngest was ready for school and the district we lived in was absolutely awful and unsafe for kids. Since then we've enjoyed HS and it works great for our family.

As far as your comment Melyet, I can't speak for "All Godly Folk" but we have about 100 families in our area that form a close knit group and about 75% attend worship services regularly. Many see public schools as not supporting their conservative values but liberal ones.

Bible doesn't say much about Jesus being HS, but we do know that at around age 12 he was teaching the scholars in the temple scripture since he was enlightened by the Holy Spirit.

Peace..

4. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

We began last week with our 4th grader and hs senior. Three have already graduated and two are not yet of school age.

And Melyet, not just the "Godly folk" homeschool as we are pretty paganish and, while we can be fiscal conservative / libertarian, we have socially liberal views.

5. SuperBartok

SuperBartok Member

3 down 2 to go that's great Free! Did any/all of your 1st 3 continue onto College? Also, did you find yourself reassessing your decision every year or so? We tend to do this and we always laugh wondering how many other people do this.

6. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Actually it's three down and four to go. Of the three down, one has completed college and one is in her first year and one cooks food for tourists.

We also find ourselves reassessing our descision every so often. Our 4th grader has expressed the desire to go to "real" school from time to time. We've thought about it and said, "Nah". She takes a Mandarin Chinese launguage class, yoga and dance classes outside the home and this seems to give her what she thinks she might want from a normal classroom environment.

7. Valdis

Valdis Member

Yes. In his earthly home he was.

I'm not religious but I was raised that way. I remember telling my parents the bible says "teach a child how they should go" not send them to a school!

My oldest started college and is loving it! My youngest is a junior in high school this year. I can't believe we are almost done!