the specials!!!

Discussion in 'Reggae and Ska' started by captaindreadlock, Aug 19, 2009.

1. captaindreadlock

captaindreadlock Member

i love em. good guys. im listenin to the tune racist friend. what special tunes are your favorites? my favorite its little bitch and too hot!

2. PeaceInTheStreets

PeaceInTheStreets Member

I've only really heard that "Message To You, Rudy" song and I love it... I'm gonna download those songs you told us about though. Any other favorites? Good look!

3. PeaceInTheStreets

PeaceInTheStreets Member

The Specials/ Special AKA are soo dooope

4. Mr. Frankenstein

Mr. Frankenstein Malice...in Sunderland

But the original - by Dandy Livingstone - is better. The Specials were a revivalist band, so use them as a starting point, then work backwards into 1960s Jamaican Ska and Rocksteady.

5. PeaceInTheStreets

PeaceInTheStreets Member

Yeah i've been looking into alot of Ska and there's so muchhh! It's overwhelming but I definitely like it for sure

6. Mr. Frankenstein

Mr. Frankenstein Malice...in Sunderland

Dont know if they're still available, but Trojan Reccords did a series of box sets, 3 CDs/50 tracks in each. Really worth looking for, there's just so much stuff on them them.

There were 2 Ska boxes, an excellent Rocksteady one, as well as a good DJ one [one for the rappers - see who was doing it first, 30 years ago:)] and lots more.

I was lucky enough to pick up a whole bunch cheap in a sale - they might still be available on Ebay.

7. s0ma

s0ma Member

wow, I totally forgot this band existed until I found this thread. "Ghost Town" is a good song, I think one of the first ones I heard by them. Now I'm off to download some more :D

8. JesusWasHippie

JesusWasHippie Member

i like the remake of pressure drop

9. ravingmad

ravingmad Guest

Nite Klub....

10. helen25263

helen25263 Guest

I love the Specials, Little Bitch is my favourite. My son's band covers it well, they are called Two Steps Twice, they also have their own ska material, which is going down really well at local gigs. It's great to see a whole new generation enjoying music like this

11. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

agreed:2thumbsup:

12. MrSergio

MrSergio Guest

The Specials are greeeat. I was always a big fan of third wave ska, stuff like Less Than Jake, Mad Caddies, Streetlight Manifesto, etc. After awhile, I started to wonder what was in the second wave. The Specials are definately my favorite second-wave ska band.
    I've gotta agree with Helen. Little Bitch is a personal favorite... :D
    Can't wait for the fourth-wave to come along...