schizophrenia and psychedelics

Discussion in 'Activism' started by paperairplane, Aug 18, 2009.

1. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbNLm4IDnps

i have schizophrenia, i did a low dose of acid, and a lot of the negative symptoms are gone and some symptoms that i thought were negative actually began to help me find some very good people in the spiritual community who can relate to these things. i've been a lot more social after the trip, and i feel very resolved, even though sometimes i still feel bad about things, and generally hopeless, this has been going on for a very long time, i think the negative symptoms like hearing voices and paranoia are a result of losing clarity in ones life not only on the material logical level but on a spiritual level, and acid andd other entheogens, used with intention can help to bring that clarity back, rather than the medical treatment i've often found which is to treat all voices and ideas differing from the norm as delusions, because this can confuse a person even further when their perception tells them that it is real, because in some cases it is real, and i believe in all cases there is a cause, a reason why it is happening, that has a deeper root, I think working with schizophrenia in a shamanistic way can lead to great things, not only in terms of individual health but also, with others. I think schizophrenics usually have gifts, they have a function in the community, its important to communicate this to others as mediators between worlds. For me recently the fairy world and the human world opened up to eachother, and I saw an entire new reality that before had only been vaguely alluded to, which is actually deeply intertwined with the world that is normally viewed as real, its really only a matter of semantics. All views are valid, its just a matter of how well they can be communicated to others.

but also the fact that schizophrenia is just like, life basically, and thought some people may be more sensitive to things than others, I don't think giving it a term and labelling it as a sickness so that people can find even greater degrees of seperation from others is a good thing. For example I think some people are just different, and because they are labeled schizophrenic and people play into the idea that they are and what it means to them, the person who is different just learns to function according to how people seem to expect them to, and in some cases it builds up to the point where there is total misunderstanding, I mean we all have moment that are out of the so called norm, people people just like to be different, is this a disease? No, this is the beauty of having a soul and experiencing life, it is not just one way, there is not just one way to look at things. I have met some people, who were totally gone, out on the edge, with nothing, and making no sense at all, and mumbling incoherently for the most part, but you know where I met most of these people? In hospitals where as an inpatient nothing you say is really respected anyway, and you are treated as potentially dangerous and as a threat at worst and at best as just a harmless lunatic. Or on the street, where people probably are afraid to talk to them, and life is very stressful. I've also met schizophrenic people who lived amongst other people and expressed themselves pretty well on a face level, and I think the difference is that in one case, there is communication and in the other case there is none. People have a wide variety of issues, and some stuff is just crazy, but everything has its root somewhere and ultimately I think its a choice people make to be crazy, or at least crazy to the extent of being on the street. Its because the society we live in is very ignorant and immature, and it doesn't allow for change to happen, it doesn't allow for anything that could be seen as destructive on a face level, yet the innerworkings of it are in fact very destructive, because our culture is controlled by a few people who have let power corrupt them, and don't partake in a simple life. I think simplicity is the key to everything, we hoard to much, there is so much wealth in the world, in terms of food, in terms of money and medicine and just energy, and amazing ideas. But a lot of them do not flow, because people want to feel wealthy and live their own dreams at the expense of others, they look for happiness in material things. Or they find it in spirituality, but they do not go beyond themselves and their immediate circles. I feel like those who have a lot of anything should spread it around, and realize that there is no real possession, nothing is really ours, because all things are connected and eventually all things come around. But at the same time, the world is the way it is, and it is a beautiful place, yes, but theres a lot that can be done. Its like when I clean my room, when I clean my room I try to work on myself, and often times I end up just sitting and meditating on how amazing the room is, because I love myself a lot, I try to accept things as they are, but at the same time, my room rarely gets to a state of cleanliness that I assume some people's get to, where its just like.. pristine, it gets to a state of like zen garden, chaos, feng shui coolness, which I like but recently, with some help from my dad it reached a pristine state, and I realized how good it was to have finally gotten there. I feel like the world is like this, there is a lot to be said about acceptance and living in the moment, but if we always accept, we will never get anything better than this, or will we? This is the confusing part, because we have to admit there is a lot about the world we do not understand.

But if we don't just sit apathetically and allow ourselves to be destroyed great things are possible.

I think one small thing that we can do, that would have great positive effect is to legalize pot and entheogens, mainly because they inspire people to want to do good things while conversely (and complimentarily) encouraging time taking it all in and enjoying what they have at the moment, and yes they have some bad sides but I think if people can be open and honest about their use, and a more open spiritual perspective can come into the use as well, ways of working around the bad sides can be discovered as with all things, and also I think a lot of the bad side is caused by societies negative view on them, which mostly stems from a fear of music, and fear of expression that is based deeply in the judeao christian tradition, not to say that it is inherently bad, I feel that at its root christianity was a great thing, jesus seemed like a great person, but I feel a lot of people just used it to gain power, and manipulate others, and put others down and start wars, and control people. We have to love ourselves and let ourselves grow ad become who we really are, not what someone else tells us we are, even though others can give good advice at times, but its like the poet Kabir says, "God is what is loved, not what should be loved" why force yourself to become something you are not? Of course it is good to strive to become a better person, but how one becomes better is ultimately something that they have to decide, we have to look to ourselves, to our own experience and vision and then bring that to others, soul searching. I think this is something many people in our society fail to do on a true level, and this is where the problems arise, because then our world becomes static and everything thats different is looked on badly instead of with wonder, different things can be good or bad, or neither, and everything is sacred, but its when the sacred repeatedly hits you in the head and you ignore it that trouble starts, maybe not for you immediately but for other people, and what happens to others does effect you in the end. We're all in this together.

But yeah, I just sing this to you, because I want to let the world know, these things are not to be feared, these things come from Spirit, from the Earth, they are expressions of ourself, there is really no difference no need to fear this part of ourselves, any part of ourselves, because all of it has a bit of the story, all religions, philosophies, stories, moments hold bit of the story, every song, every phrase, every person. But like a rose, we/it/they/you/I just has to feel encouragement of light on its being, give a little appreciation, and it will open, and show you what could be...

at first the road can be seen as rocky while the world/body purifies itself and gains balance

everything is sacred
    live, grow, and love

2. Sebastunes

Sebastunes Member

I have been labelled 'schizophrenic' also

you seem to know more than the doctors actually know and willing to try things that doctors advise against ... lets just keep in mind the cure for schizophrenia used to be smashing your head open to get the demons out ...

nowadays its some medication that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't ... I am fully on board with you - LSD actually made me less schizophrenic however doctors tried to convince me otherwise ....

LSD is a cure to schizophrenia in my eyes that nobody is willing to accept. I am not saying to everyone with mental problems to take LSD - I would say do it with people who would know how to help while in a trip and also after you have done atleast a full years research onto the subject

3. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The last time I went to a therapist, I told her that all of my 40 LSD trips were beneficial. She was stunned; couldn't believe it. She said she had never met or even heard of anyone like me.

4. something vague

something vague Member

i believe that schizophrenia and many other mental disorders are just different filters for reality. every human being has a unique experience and a personal interpretation on that experience.

the issue seems to be whether or not a person can handle themselves without doctor prescribed medication. or, are they a danger to others

but then again, any person can be potentially dangerous to themselves or others. so it's hard to tell what difference it makes to have a mental "disorder" or to not have one.