More first timer Q's

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Shroomp, Oct 10, 2004.

1. mellow

mellow Eased

anyone?

2. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko Member

Hikaru, I plan on smoking just the leaves of salvia...no extract..and i was wondering if i should take more then a few hits to feel a good trip.

Also i'll just be using a pipe with a lighter. So how many big hits should i take of just the leaves to feel a really sweet trip?

3. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

it could be 5x as much as you need

4. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

Well I would never dare take 1/6 of a gram of 10x...1/10 g is more than enough for me...I just did about 1/20g of 15x, and it was too intense.

Try a small hit to see if you could be very sensible to salvia. Like a little pinch. Cuz you don't want to over dose and badtrip.

5. mellow

mellow Eased

wow i posted that a long time ago, thanks for the belated advice though
    I posted my experience of that first time trip some where in the psychedelic experience forum if your interested.

I usually take that same dose when i do it now maybe slightly less at times, as my goal is to achieve very deep meaningful trips.

6. boogans

boogans Member

Whoa. This thread has some MAJOR literature goin' on. It'll take me days to read that.

Hmm...salvia is NOT a recreational drug...that's definitely something I should know. Good. I'm mainly interested in recreational drugs (so far), but perhaps...you never know...

Thanks so much.

7. AluraRocks

AluraRocks Member

I was just wondering, would it be a good idea to try it for the first time if a few other people are doing it with me? Or would I just have a bad trip?

8. mellow

mellow Eased

how many other people?

9. AluraRocks

AluraRocks Member

two or three

10. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

what else might you do if you get together with these friends?

can you setup an art or writing activity (even to write about this), you need work at having other options, surely everyone is not just bored and seeking sensation.

salvia makes thought and sensation reverberate longer so that what has already past is still coming full on, this can be useful if you are working through existential issues, but it is not useful if you are bored.

ideally, one should go at a time and the caring others should be occupied nearby and not fussing about it. This is not normally a fun thing to be explored secretly while "parents" are otherwise engaged.

11. GuyFromTheFarNorth

GuyFromTheFarNorth Member

Hey everyone, great forum here, I've been doing alot of reading. Actually I've been researching Salvia for a long time now, I've spent about a year reading up on it now and then deciding when I'm ready for an experience. I've read tons of articles on other pages and I'm left with one major question.

What are the long term effects if any? The main thing I've always worried about with psychs is the chance of never coming out of a trip, or having it change the person you are. I've seen it mentioned on this board the chance of coming back permanently changed. I'd hate to try this out to learn more about myself and then come back as a different person my wife wouldn't even recognize. Just like that urban legend of the guy who hid a sheet of cid under his shirt and it all soaked into his back and now he thinks he's an orange in a mental institution lol.

Has anyone had this stuff change them (other than learning more about the world\themselves obviously) or turn a friend into a "burn out"? Thanks for any info :)

12. 9sublime

9sublime Member

Hey,
    I've done all my research but this seems like the site with the most knowledgable people on.
    Me and two other mates (+ 1 sitter) are going to take in turns to do it in an open field away from roads, rivers, people etc.
    The sitter and two others will not take it while the third does. We will be getting 5g of leaf and 1g of 5x extract and will use an ice water bong.
    If anyone freaks out real bad should a sitter pin them down or something?
    Does this all sound like a good plan?
    Many thanks,
    Jack.

13. Tsubasa

Tsubasa Member

Some very general rules for trip sitters:
    1. Be passive and calm about any movements or words around the person dosing.
    2. Be a comforting and understanding source for the tripping person to turn to.
    3. Only provide physical contact if sought out or absolutely necessary. If possible to avoid, NEVER pin or restrain someone in the throes of a pyschedelic experience. This can cause suprisingly intense and violent responses from the dosed person. If in a life-threatening situation, it is prudent to take action, but anything which could be construed as hostile should be avoided.

Remember, the person undergoing the psychedelic experience is in an altered state. Any harsh, or violent motions could be construed as an attack and illicit an untoward response from the subject. Trip sitters should be well versed in the specific substance to be used and psychedelic experiences in general. Also, a trip sitter should have a complete understanding of what is necessary and what is prudent.

For more information on psychedelic experiences:
    http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml
    For more information on good general guidelines for trip sitters:
    http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml#4.6

14. 9sublime

9sublime Member

Hey is it even worth gettin the basic leaves? should we just get 5x standardised.

15. MUSICJUNKIE

MUSICJUNKIE Member

16. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

No...That would be kinda magical.

But if you do a really easy extract you can get 10x for half the price. An ounce must be what, 15 bucks? with that you make 2.5 grams of 10x.

Id like to try making salvia iso oil, in a solid state. That would be like 50x. I wouldnt smoke it though.

17. Kaybe

Kaybe Member

Is salvia purchased at a shop ready to be smoked? or will i have to do somthing to it first?

18. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

All psychedelics change one...that's the point. But if you are worried that your fundamental personality will change, I don't know that that happens. They do change your perspective, and open one up to the other-than-mundane, but if one is, for instance, introverted, it's highly unlikely that one will become extremely extroverted. Gain some awareness and self confidence, yes, but that is a different thing.

Get some, but set it aside if you are not quite ready. It's for healing, not for 15 year old undeveloped cerebral cortexes to get whacked on. In my opinion, of course.

19. b-niggz

b-niggz Member

i had my first salvia trip today
    pretty neat
    way more intense than i expected
    but good stuff
    i never would have thought that i would christen a new piece with salvia

20. kano

kano Member

ok went into local head shop and bought 15g or kratom leaf, not really sure how much to take or what the best method of taking it is. i had intended chewing it in a quid but the leaves are ground up and look more suitable for a joint. unfortunately cant get my hands on a bong at short notice. need a little advice here please!