More first timer Q's

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Shroomp, Oct 10, 2004.

1. onlyawaken

onlyawaken Member

I got some 10x from IAmShaman and hit it twice, pretty good hits from my little pipe but i barely got anything. Things seemed a little weird and I had a hoarse voice... otherwise I was dissappointed. When the leaves didn't work I went to an extract but that still isn't working. I'm wicked bummed... I'm going to try bong hits next, if those dont work then I'll give up =/

Edit: Forgot this wasn't my screen name. Supposed to be PLytheman.

2. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

PLytheman,

My advice to you is to reread this thread ... somewhere buried in there is a checklist of things to do and remember when smoking salvia; make sure you're using the right techniques before you get bummed!

Also, it's possible that you're what they call a "salvia hard-head." Supposedly, 1 out of about every 10 people falls into this category ... you may have to use a higher extract, or, if you have fresh leaves and an extract, you may want to try boosting; that is, chewing a quid for 20 minutes (or until effects are beginning to come on), then spitting out and immediately taking a few hits from a pipe. That may work for you if nothing else does.

But make SURE you are using the right technique! Hold in the hits for *as long as possible,* and TORCH that bowl! If it's not hot enough, the salvinorin-A won't vaporize, it will only smoulder and become useless.

And don't forget ... a good deal of salvia's beauty lies in its meditative usage ... while the more intense "trips" are quite ... well, intense, ... its more mild highs are just as enlightening, and equally as valuable!

I wish you the best! Let me know how it goes!

3. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

Well, I hit it pretty hard and kept the lighter on it the whole time, and sure enough, as I was going to take a second hit I started to feel it. It was a really physical feeling. Like all my limbs were on strings that pulled taught as I moved my arms around. Then I started laughing at how messed up everything felt and after 5 or 6 minutes I drifted out of it.

Next time I try it I'm going to try to meditate beforehand and see what happens.

4. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

Hikaru, some fabulous advice there, amigo. My friend in Iceland has been talking with Lady Salvia for a few weeks, and just tonight got an answer. 1 hit of 5x, roughly the size of 3 matchheads, and he was introduced to Sallie D. he remembered the first time with 25, in May 1969, and there are really no comparisons to be had. Now he understands what the literature and Mr. Siebert are saying. He said that the entire topic requires further investigation. He is quite astounded.

BTW, I was brought into the world in Strong Memorial Hospital.

5. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

if I were to go looking for salvia in a vitamin or supplement store, what category would it fall under? like antioxidant or mood supplement? or would it even be in a nutrion store?

6. stoner24/7

stoner24/7 Member

your best bet would to go to a local headshop

7. Hikaru Zero

Aye, and the most incredible part is, almost any Salvia shaman will tell you that all of the trip reports out there cannot even begin to describe the true experience. It's merely 1-dimensional words trying to describe a 5-dimensional experience. No literature or image can ever describe the real thing; it's just THAT incredible.

Heh, and now that you mention it, that's how I felt after I first discovered Salvia (well, after I first discovered the non-frightening parts of Salvia), "astounded." It's just ... it really leaves you trying to put the right words together, and you just never get the perfect description ... you have to end up settling for something less. =P

8. Hikaru Zero

What category would it fall for? Simple: it wouldn't.

You won't find Salvia divinorum in a vitamin or supplement store; it's NOT a vitamin, nor is it a supplement, nor is it even physical health-related in any real way. Emotional/spiritual health, perhaps, but that wouldn't be at a health food store.

Some people claim you can buy Salvia at home depot, but if you hear this, don't even bother. Home depot sells plants, and while Salvia divinorum IS a plant, home depot doesn't sell Salvia DIVINORUM, they sell other species of the Salvia genus; the best bet to go for Salvia divinorum is either a local head shop or order it online from a place that grows it directly in Mazateca, Mexico.

9. freespirit72

freespirit72 Member

How about the Salvia tinctures that are available? I would like to meet Lady Salvia, yet I have asthma, so smoking isn't really an optimum solution for me. Thoughts, anyone?

10. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

20x for the asthmatic.
    or you can try this cigarette paper 1 second smoke (actually no smoke at all - very effective) which I use:

it is easy to make 48 smokes from 1 gm of standardized 10x (please use standardized or you will get black tarry paper)

equipment: 1 gm 10x standardized, 2 glass shot glasses, ~1.5 OZ chilled acetone, a glass dropper, 1 cigarette paper (2 if you got 20x), a small glass or metal box (bigger than all the papers you will put on it), some tooth floss or cotton thread to wrap around the box as a support fo the paper(s).

method:

(A) extract the good stuff into acetone (should take 15 minutes at most):
    ---(i) put extract into shot glass.
    ---(ii) fill shot glass 1/3 with acetone and stir well for 5 mins.
    ---(iii) pour and strain acetone to second shot glass.
    ---(iv) repeat (i-iii)
    ---(v) squeeze last drops of fluid into collection of light green fluid (will be dark green or black if not standardized)
    (B) drip all the acetone evenly onto one cigarette paper (should take less than 40 mins):
    ---(i) put cigarette paper on a loose web of tooth floss (or cotton thread) wrapped over a small box so that fluid does not wick into the supporting surface. (acetone dissolves plastic and paints etc. so use glass and stainless steel where ever possible).
    ---(ii) using a glass dropper dripp about 8 drops onto the paper, and allow to dry.
    ---(iii) repeat until all the acetone has been dripped onto the paper and evaporated, if it is evaporating up the sides of the shot glass use the dropper to encourage the salvinorin back into solution by dripping inside the shot glass walls and stirring gently with the dropper.
    (C) if you are smoking, finally cut paper into 4 pieces (half then half again) then each quarter into 3 pieces then each 12th into 4 pieces (half then half again) for 48 total.

each tiny piece of cigarette paper should be one measured smokable dose. If too strong you will know how much to cut back each time, if too weak you will know to double up or take one and a half pieces for your constitution.

(depending on the strength of the 10x, the paper will now have 22-32 mg salvinorin impregnated in it. If you are interested in oral you might just chew 1/4 to 1/2 of the full cigarette paper and not bother cutting it into smokes, I store my papers at 1/4 sheets to cut to 12 later for smoking)

11. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

BTW I recently posted a compendium of

everything true and mythic about salvia here http://tinyurl.com/bxnkq

just figured I would add it here on the sticky thread

12. entropy

entropy Member

Hi!
    I need help with identifying this plant which i bought. I bought it on the market from a granny-flourist :) It's salvia, but i'm not sure is it Divinorum, because it's got a red flower...
    Here's samo pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

not divinorum for sure

14. entropy

entropy Member

God damn it! :(
    Can anyone tell me which salvia is it then?

15. Hikaru Zero

It could be a number of other Salvias with red flowers (there are literally hundreds of Salvias). Here are *just a select handful* of possibilities:

Salvia coccinea
    Salvia elegans
    Salvia splendens (falsely rumoured to be psychoactive)
    Salvia greggii

There are, I'm sure, tons of others as well. It'd be hard to identify just by the colour of its flower.

16. entropy

entropy Member

Yeah, i found a site with a list of about 250 salvia species :)
    Tnx anyway :) i'll try to find some pics

17. entropy

entropy Member

I found some pics, and my salvia is completely identical to salvia splendens. My friend said that he's going to try it :)

18. mellow

mellow Eased

Hi!
    im going to be trying salvia divinorum for my first time this summer, i've done all my research online on www.sagewisdom.org and www.erowid.org, i plan on purchasing 10x extract from a local headshop (www.bongsandsuch.com) as 10x is the lowest extract i could find in my area (do you think this is a good place to buy salvia?), I would order online but i live with my parents, and getting something like that in the mail would arouse suspicion...I plan to use 1/6th of a gram in water bong...how many hits should i take? will one be enough?...i know how i should be as far as mindset, setting, and technique go, im just concerned with the dosage and and how many hits i should take with a 10x extract

suggestions?

EDIT: oh yeah and would you recommend and indoor or outdoor, day or night environment? personally i'd probably feel happiest outside on a warm sunny day...but i would be worried about the unpredictability of such a setting (people out walking their dogs, unexpected changes in weather, ect...), i could make myself comfortable indoors but im just wondering what you would suggest

Another Edit: I would also like to add that i would like to reach a level 'V' (4)
    on the salvia scale, i do consider myself ready although i know i cannot fully prepare myself for the experience

19. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

the main part of the experience is short.
    I like day (or night) but prefer indoors so that during the peak of the expreience inadvertent involvement with uninvolved people does not occurr.
    after the main part outdoors is fine.
    with a mild dose outside is gorgeous.
    with a heavy dose and my pillow is a good freind.

20. mellow

mellow Eased

cool, so should 1/6th of a gram of 10x smoked from a bong, be enough to acheive a level 4 on the salvia scale?