I hate Michael Mcdonald!

Discussion in 'Rock 'n' Roll' started by Tie-Dye Dream, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Tie-Dye Dream

Tie-Dye Dream Member

I am a huge fan of The ''Tom Johnson'' led Doobie Brothers. That was back when they we a rockin' hippie-boogie band. Sadly, like of lot of of rock stars, Johnson became ill and had to leave the band. Then, came in Michael Mcdonald. The band went from hip, to lame. He turned them into a freakin' Yaught Rock group! Have any of you ever listened to ''Livin on the Fault Line?'' It's a total snore! As far as there other Mcdonald-led stuff, CHEESY! He in my opinion ruined the Doobies! He is uptight as heck, too! I mean whats with the suits, man? It's so nice that Tom is back and The Doobies are finally a ''rock band'' again, lol!

2. Tie-Dye Dream

Tie-Dye Dream Member

Sorry that I left this part out, Tom Johnson became ill because of all the constant touring.

3. zillagod

zillagod Member

You aint the only one. I grew up in San Jose, home of the Doobs. I couldnt stand Michael McDonald. The old Doobs were the best, and when Michael replaced Tom at vocals, it was just terrible. My fav album was always Stampede. I still remember seeing the Doobies perform on the tv show What's Happenin, and they did such a killer rendition of I Cheat the Hangman. Remember? Rerun in the front seat trying to tape the concert? LOL
    If I remember correctly, I think the Doobs were on the very first episode of Don Kirshner's Rock Concert as well. Them were the days.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

i hate ronald mcdonald so we share sometimes.. mkks..

5. Tie-Dye Dream

Tie-Dye Dream Member

Thank you, Zillagod! I do remember that episode of What's Happening! Stampede rocks! I Cheat the Hangman is incredible! I love the album version. Pat Simmons wrote that song I also love his vocals on that song, such poetry, such talent! My favorite ''real Doobie album'' is Toulouse Street.

6. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

I think it's funny they named the band after a pot culture slang term...:p

Others groups should have jumped on that shit while it was happening !

How about "The Bong Sisters" or " Sly and the Family Waterpipe "

"Joey hash and the hot-knives"? :cool:

Oh yeah, M. Mcdonald....mmm cheeser. :cheers2:

ZW

7. Tie-Dye Dream

Tie-Dye Dream Member

I agree, zombiewolf, lol!

8. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I too hate his singing! I always say he sounds to me like he's on the toilet trying to pass a huge turd and having difficulty. I always think of that when I hear his voice. And yes his muzak is pretty awful compared to his contemporaries. Sorta like Kenny G., pablum for frustrated housewives...

9. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

I can't stand him either. His music is like, generic dentist office music.

10. Tie-Dye Dream

Tie-Dye Dream Member

Good one Skip! I couldn't agree with you more! Thank God that the Doobies are back to normal now! They are working on a new album and it's going to be released next year!

11. Blob Marley

Blob Marley Member

Michael McDonald:santa1:

Though Michael has a voice that's one of a kind I now openly admit that I used to love him(his songs,at least the few ones I heard)
    But whenever I heard his voice(solo) in the past years and/or saw his hairy face it just made me feel really sad,really sad!
    It just makes me feel as if there's no hope left anymore and life has no meaning at all!!!!:

:iagree: F*ck the procedures,put him in death row asap!!!

He just reminds me to stop looking back as so many people do because the past is dead and gone and there's a whole fresh existence in front of me without Michael Mc Donalds reminding me of divorce,poverty and missed oppurtunities!!

Still, even where I live,far away from the states, there are slick commercial radio stations that are compulsively tuned in to by certain colleagues holding on to the songs which remind them of the "golden Ages" gone by where the grass is greener than any green you see nowadays!

When there's new fresh tunes playing on the radio they complain about "that noise"giving them a headache and tune in to the eighties!"Have a nice day"Sky radio(easier for fresh fm tuners who forgot the frequency I guess)!comes by every 3 songs or so!Fake formal crap!!

Nothing wrong about the eighties mixed with new tunes or songs that were not played in the top 10/100 and are replayed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much!!!!!!

12. Blob Marley

Blob Marley Member

:santa1:I keep forgetting things will never be the same again!

Why bother trying to remember,Michael?
    Time to let the eighties go and embrace the present!
    I guess it must be difficult leaving memories behind of your golden (solo )days when you sold real albums in stead of cheap christmas cover albums that end up almost instantly in the discount section bought by people that remember you as part of the legendary doobie brothers,your solo career or don't care about music and believe that music is plainly music and therefore don't want to spend more money than they have to and dive straight into the discount section!

By the way,Michael,when/if you stumble upon this particular forum thread especially (anti?)dedicated to you,please don't feel offended but keep this old saying in mind:

It's better to have negative attention than none at all and there still is a possibility that you will have another golden era coming your way!
    Believe in miracles because they happened before as they were given to you in the 80's!Thank you for polluting my 80's,when I wasn't aware of the existence of alternative radio yet!:peace:Tune out and drop in!!!

13. ColoradoFine

ColoradoFine Members

I HATE McDONALD! His voice makes the hair on my neck stick up. I hate his clothes too. He only has one white suit. I hate his beard also. He pisses me off.
    He should leave, go away immediately. He should have made doughnuts. If I ever hear minute-by-minute I run. I can't listen to it. It hurts my ears.

14. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Once every five years is about the right amount of time to hate a musician.
    :)

15. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

I love his song Taking it to the Streets. Has a cool vibe to it, in my opinion. The rest?

Yeah. I hate it just as much as the rest of you. That one song was the only good he ever did the band. The rest was bull

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

a guy i work with used to complain every time the doobies came on the radio. i dont mind him sometimes but i dont listen to him on purpose.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Never heard of her.