Kava ~ The Herbal Alcohol Substitute.

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by ancient powers, Jun 6, 2009.

1. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

I have changed my research away from the more powerful psychtropic plants to more common place allies. My biggest achillies heel when it comes to experimenting more frequently with salvia, amanitas, and ayahuasca has been my drinking habit. When everyone you know drinks when you hang, it can be hard to say know unless you avoid the temptation. As some of you may know mixing our beloved herbal entheogens with alcohol can be extrememly dangerous. Even salvia told me to come to her with respect and not as a drunken idiot.

2. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

So now that I have discovered secrets to preparing San Pedro, Morning Glories, Amanitas, and Ayahuasca. I need to try some of the more everyday integrative entheogens. My first test was that of Kratom Tea. Press and Seal tea bags were purchased from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/ and the Kratom was powdered and placed 1 tbsp of herb per bag. The effects were strong but not intoxicating. The Kratom makes you feel surprisingly good with positive memory recall, tranquil euphoria, anti-depressant and anti-anxiety qualities. But after 1 or 2 cups it becomes a little uncomfortable. Tests of higher levels needs experimeting still. Overall very responsive, definite positive activity. A little pricey for a alcohol substitute. $10 to $20 per ounce. Which equates to 10 tea bags.

3. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

But Kava goes for $20 1/2 lb. Even though it says not to pepare it as a common tea using hot water. I did it anyways. Trust me guys I was not dissapointed. The effects were more buzzy than that of the Kratom in that you felt a buzz and not just surprisingly good like Kratom. So testing needs to be done in mixing the two teas. My wife made a recipe from http://konakavafarm.com/recipes.html and said that her mouth went numb and that another drink of that strength would put her out to sleep. I have decide to take on the Kava habit instead of beer. It migh even start saving me money. I am five cups deed right now and am very relaxed. I decided to switch it up and hit up a Kratom to help make me feel even better.

4. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

Now a little about the Ephedra Sinca which came with my order. The best way I could describe the Ephedra Sinca Tea. Is that of a healthier coffee substitute. Coffee is hard on the stomach and makes you sweat and get jittery. The Ephedra Tea Seemed to produce a cleaner, healthier coffee type stimulation. Experiments are in the works. I only have a small supply to work with, but the Kratom should mix with it well also.

5. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

But to let all you heads out there know. Simple tea bag infusions of these marvelous plants have shown ancient that they are effective. Ancient just fills up his coffee maker with water and turns it on, which creates a pot of hot water of 145 degrees. It saves alot of hassle of heating up a fresh cup of water everytime.

6. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

With the success of a positive Amanita experience and experiencing theenlightening effects of the mushroom. Test on using the mushroom as a tea infusion will be experimented. 1 oz makes 10 tea bags. So a few cups of mushrooms could possibly induce the pleasant and friendly euphoria and vivid CEV's that were experienced recently. Findings will be posted. Silene Capensis will be tested as a tea before bed along with a few cigarettes of Calea zacatechichi to produce vivid and lucid dreams. So long as the Kava can replace regular alcohol consumption. Valerian root for good nite sleep and passion flower for anti-depressant, etc. The tea bag is back. ancient.

7. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Nice reporting dude, it's wonderful that we have all these plants at our disposal as well as the products of human ingenuity. I look forward to your write up for larger doses of Kratom tea.

1 person likes this.
  8. woodstock193

woodstock193 Member

I lovvveee kava!!! Im gonnaa go drink up my tincture right now :)

9. IpsissimusFaustus

IpsissimusFaustus Member

I too am a fan of this root. I have almost four ounces of Vanuatu kava in my freezer and I do indeed enjoy a good drink, especially with some dank to smoke. I usually brew it with coconut milk and a little water added to powered root and agitated in a blender for around five minutes.

10. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I love kava, such a great little relatively undiscovered gem.

11. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

KAVA

• Mild euphoria

• Sedation

• Relaxation of muscles and mind

• Clear thinking; opening of mind

• Strong anxiolytic effect (studies show as on par with that of benzodiazapines)

• Mood lifting and mellowing effects

• Inebriation, usually without serious mental clouding and coordination problems

• Very mild visual effects (colors more vivid, slight surface rippling, visual snow, double vision) -not incredibly common

• Talkative and sociable behavior (similar to that of mild alcohol intoxication)

• Numbing of tongue, lips, and throat

• Analgesia