ideas

Discussion in 'Art' started by tiedyeponcho, May 26, 2009.

1. RainForest

RainForest Banned

great idea man they should realy make an subforum for ideas

2. ThatOneDood

ThatOneDood Guest

I have the idea to use a crow in some form or fashion. I would like a real stylized approach with acrylic paint. Something that blends the brush stroke of impressionism with the iconic-ness of of pop art or stencil designs. Still have yet to fill the canvas because drawing it out is my least favorite part ;) if someone would like to draw it, I'd love to paint it and we could do a cool collaboration.

3. Zebb

Zebb Member

4. Isadoran

Isadoran Member

I look to Mary Doodles for inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXwwvDlpQsc&feature=share&list=UUV0Q5XoDann5uLJDkUjJ7Lw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXwwvDlpQsc&feature=share&list=UUV0Q5XoDann5uLJDkUjJ7Lw

5. cosmoc

cosmoc Guest

Here's what helps me when I feel I'm out of ideas. I just start experimenting with different ways that I 'practice' and something will spark.

Do all these things in your own style and try to look at things in a new way

-Draw/Paint portraits of people (family, favorite musicians, favorite authors, random people in magazines, old photos)
    -Find some regular household objects, fruits or vegetables and draw /paint them but try to use different techniques and styles
    -Copy some of your favorite artists , paintings, album covers ..but add your own twist
    -Get newspapers, magazines, photos make a collage for fun, see if some profound idea is triggered as you go

-Get outside into nature -- this is HUGE for my art personally...bring a sketchpad
    -Go look at art in a gallery, there's something different about having it in 3d right in front of you that can ignite ideas and inspiration
    -Go to www.googleartproject.com look up artists you've never seen before, zoom in, check out what they're doing

-Write your dreams down in a journal and try to make art from them
    -Illustrate your favorite songs or poems
    -Look at kids' art -- kids have the best imagination

-Screw ideas, just start doing art, pick up the paints, the pencils and just start doing it!

6. longboarder

longboarder Members

Minimal 8 track design

Attached Files:

7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I always work on Simplicity
    = Circles and Straight lines
    Thoughts for day
    = If in doubt, select a random book, flick to a random page, run finger to spot, read word and/or sentence, picture a scence and imagine a vision - well, works for me :)

8. longboarder

longboarder Members

minimalism is so beautiful....

GarnetJade likes this.
  9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

mnmlzm owo

1 person likes this.
  10. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

If a person is capable of registering light @.01 seconds faster than the .15 it takes to recognize an object, can that person then see the future?

11. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

Get inspired:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

13. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

Safe link: Louis Wain

From Wiki: Louis Wain (5 August 1860 – 4 July 1939) was an English artist best known for his drawings, which consistently featured anthropomorphized large-eyed cats and kittens. In his later years he may have suffered from schizophrenia (although this claim is disputed), which, according to some psychiatrists can be seen in his works.

14. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

Safe link: Paul Kammerer, a man who committed suicide because the Nazis, which weren't the far right as you've been led to believe, sabotaged his work, or a lunatic that was exposed for the Al Gore he truly was?

15. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the rectangle is not a form which follows any known natural function.
    there is a landscape that feels like home.
    even its cites are alien to human perspective
    and cities are few and rare, and my true species seldom live in them by choice.
    cats caves computers
    trains and trees
    these are my home
    i believe in these

i thing inspiration means something different to me
    things people make
    things nature makes
    these are happier thoughts that give me ideas i like better
    that anything people tell each other.

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

riding on a train, seeing industrial back yards and nature too, that you much more seldom see from a car, and can't safely take your eyes off the other traffic to really see if you're driving.
    trains really do need to have a camera on the front end of the engine so everyone can see out the front and both sides instead of just one side or the other.
    a camera and a monitor at every seat. airplanes need that too. maybe even buses. although buses you can usually get a seat where you have some view out the front if you want it.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

things i don't much care for are the rectangle, the automobile, the human face and the color red.
    taken all together, this is a very tiny subtraction from the infinity of everything else.
    and i absolutely love that infinity, the goodness of strangeness.
    i dream hills and valleys, trees and rocks. even things i don't care for can sometimes be in them.
    but they're just not about people or drama, even if some of the time there are people in them.
    tiny odd houses in a wilderness like setting, and public transportation infrastructure of likewise minimalist proportions.

the conflicts in stories don't need to be about anger or anxiety either,
    that is what attracted me to fiction about science, and engineering and technology and a general sense of alien wonder,
    all of which in turn led me to furry.

i believe in the goodness of strangeness and not in there being any in any desire to be feared,
    so i'm not really interested in drama or any need for it, i've read and enjoyed many stories without it,
    so i know they are possible, even if its difficult and unlikely for them to get published or public showings of their visual equivalents.

art doesn't have to be about attracting a large audience, but to inspire its readers and viewers to creatively exercise imagination of their own.

19. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

I really like this.. someone could take any idea posted and make it their own.. if two artists choose the same subject, the results will undoubtedly be very different (which is one of the many reasons why I love art!)

20. BenS Alaskan

BenS Alaskan Members

Make bodies and put your favorite persons head on it. image.jpg