Tell us about yourself.

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by zilla939, May 28, 2009.

1. Halix

Halix Member

I'm Jason. I come from Calgary, Alberta, but I currently live overseas in the United Arab Emirates. I have had dreadlocks as of 3 o'clock this morning(TnR) and my head is still going "wtf did you do, asshole?" I like metal, good hip hop, and all waves of ska. I'm an art student at high school with one year left and plans to go to RISD, SCAD, or MICA if I can get a decent enough portfolio and gpa.

2. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

^^my friend is at SCAD, but I think he's going to SF next year. I think he really liked it though, he was there for 2 years.

3. Halix

Halix Member

Cool. Its a great school and I hope I'm accepted :D

4. daisymelan

daisymelan Professional fence sitter

Hi Everybody!

I'm 29 years old and live in Alberta, Canada. I'm a full time mama and I work full time online (hence why I hang out here all the time). I have an amazing man and although i constantly call him my hubby, we've never married.. but it's so much simpler than saying boyfriend/partner, etc.

I love jam music even though it's been a long time since I've been able to attend the festivals and shows that I love sooooo much! I would never call myself a hippie although I do value most of what "hippies" would value. Anything else I'm missing? :)

I'm happy I found this forum and the cool people that come along with it. Group hug?

5. hellodreadhead

hellodreadhead Beta as fuck

Claire, 23, Wigan Uk, first set of dreads were with twist and rip and back combing. Now on second set which were backcombed nearly a year and a half ago

6. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

mew ^__^
    I'm Luxi, I am a mother a wife and an artist. I do a little bit of modelling but am focused on opening my own shop in Dublin city. I love to play in the woods and create beautiful things. I like to sing and listen to old music that makes you cry or dance. I t&r my dreads just over 6 months ago:)I'm happy I found this forum too. My husband (Rance) works nights 3 nights a week so if I'm alone I come on here and chat to my e-friends:DI am vegan and love ciderrr:cheers2:
    Luv Lux
    xxx

7. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

yeah I forgot to intoduce myself too durr
    I live in Austin and I write music and paint. I'm majoring anthropology but really want to have a career in music.. so that is my main focus right now. I have 2 rescue kittens, Simone age 1 and Sookie 10 wks. I love veg cooking, fashion and design, boozin and smokin, rocking out, and Divine Moments of Truth... I love my city and I love my people :)
    I live with my bandmate and boyfriend of over 3 years Dean... and I adore him <3

8. Pat__

Pat__ Banned

Not to be a dream crusher, but music (performance wise) is not a career anymore unless you're manufactured by a big record company :(

9. bcmama

bcmama Banned

edited: blah- nevermind

10. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

dream crusher

11. hawtmamah

hawtmamah Member

Hiiiiii:) i'm Sarah, 27 (or 28? hell if i can remember at this point...hahaha! pretty sure i'm 27). I stay home with my kidlets (3.5 y/o and 16 months) and am due with number 3 at the end of October. The fam and i (including babydaddy and our lab Xena) live on a mountain in VA and do alot of our own things. We enjoy brewing beer, i crochet and love crafting as a whole.

I started my dreads just over a month ago and did a little bit of backcombing and have done some twist and rip when i'm particularly bored but have pretty much left things alone for the last 2 weeks.

12. Kannabis King

Kannabis King Member

My names Kris im 18 and I was attending University until I got kicked out for bad grades. I just enjoy chillin and smoking alot of weed, preferably Swisher Sweet Cigarillos but any blunt will do. I drink as much beer as I can but usually just settle for what my pockets can fork which is 2 40oz usually King Cobra. I started my dreads almost 3 years ago using backcomb and unfortunately wax, which I soon after stopped and still have trouble getting completely out. I want to own a business of some kind but probably never will. Im hoping to live in Austin this coming Fall and get a job with my sister or something maybe even live on her sofa until she kicks me out :p

13. Pat__

Pat__ Banned

then you're not homeless.

you just don't own a home

14. greenearthgirl4

greenearthgirl4 Member

I feel homeless most of the time
    so it counts

15. Pat__

Pat__ Banned

yeah :rolleyes:

the people on the streets that have nothing to eat. they're homeless. you have a roof over your head at night. be grateful

16. greenearthgirl4

greenearthgirl4 Member

sometimes I think I'd rather live in my car than live with my brother in law one more day

17. Pat__

Pat__ Banned

Do they charge you rent?

18. [B]

[B] ¿Comprendes Mendes?

home is where the heart is, so homeless people are heartless....

19. greenearthgirl4

greenearthgirl4 Member

yeah except I'm too poor to pay them :eek:

20. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

my husbands family threw him out when he was 16 because he was doing drugs. he was literally homeless for 3 years. he squatted around England with a group till he met moi :) so to call yourself homeless when you have a roof over your head, electricity, hot water and internet access maybe seems a little ungrateful?