Rate Obama's Success on a scale of 1 to 10!

Discussion in 'People' started by Aristartle, May 27, 2009.

1. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I do believe those are coming. Especially inflation, but it looks like we've dodged a depression.

2. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Give him a few years....

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

We haven't dodged a depression. That's bullocks. If they had allowed the markets to simply run their course, we would have had a quick but painful crash, which is normal and natural. If that had happened then things might now be TRULY on their way back to normal. By pumping the amount of money into the markets they have over the past year, they have only prolonged things, so when things do come crashing down, and they will, they will be 100 times worse than they would have been if they hadn't so heavily manipulated the markets.

All they did was postponed the depression. We haven't dodged NOTHING. The worst is yet to come, and I assure you, it's coming. A crisis of dollar devaluation is the worst kind of depression you can have because it is very long and very painful.

4. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

You don't believe GDP or unemployment #s? Debt to GDP is almost half of what it was in the 1940's. Was there hyperinflation then? I'm not saying there aren't major problems, but I think the economy will come through it.

5. Pressed_Rat

This isn't the 1940s. China didn't hold most of our debt in the 1940s. America still had an economy in the 1940s. It still produced goods in the 1940s. There was still a standard of living in the 1940s that was shared by most people. In the 1940s the currency was not nearly as inflated and devalued as it is today.

The recent unemployment numbers don't mean shit when we are still near 10% unemployment (closer to 18% in reality). This is phony optimism that's being instilled in the sheeple by the complicit, lying media. Most awake people aren't buying it. I'm not. If you want to believe the phony optimism, by all means do so at your own peril.

6. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Normal and natural? 50% of the banks going under with 25% unemployment. If that's natural I don't want it. We'll see what happens. I think a depression is off the table, but you never know.

btw, earned income was also up last quarter.

7. Pressed_Rat

Oh my god. What they did is only made things worse in the long run. Like I said, all they did was postponed what would have been very bad, but still mild compared to what WILL happen with a devaluation of the dollar. Where do you get 25% unemployment from? We're probably going to see upwards of 30-40% unemployment once the dollar implodes. Every economist with a history of accuracy, who is at least somewhat honest, is saying this. I don't listen to establishment liars like Paul Krugman. You'll find more honesty from someone like Ron Paul or Peter Schiff, though I don't think they're fully giving people the big picture, either. They've simply been more accurate than the other intellectual prostitutes in the media who make their living telling nothing but lies.

8. AvatarMN

This thread is about Obama, so forgive me if I thought you were making some kind of connection... :rolleyes:

It's mathematics. It's spelled out in the budget, which has been quoted by the media. You can, if you gouge the rich enough. Those fuckers are dirty rotten filthy stinking RICH.

You keep saying Obama's lied about everything... Give him some fucking time. Seven months isn't long enough to fulfill or break all your promises. You really have an incredible disconnection from coping with facts. A rise in GDP and housing prices, and a slow in unemployment means nothing? Every time a figure contradicts your paranoia, you say it's too early to say that it means anything good. But it's never too early for you to say that everything's going to hell, or somebody's lying, or something won't work...

9. Pressed_Rat

Gouge the "rich" (whatever your definition of "rich" is) so the criminals in the government can spend the money the way they want to, as they always have? The same government that already has spent/lost 9 trillion dollars of people's money under TARP, which is completely unaccounted for? No, I don't think that's any kind of solution. Sounds like you have placed blind faith in a bunch of criminals who deliberately created these problems to begin with, who now promise to offer the "solution" to the mess they created. And for the record, I see no real discontinuity between the Bush agenda and the same one Obama is carrying forward. These people are turncoats -- I don't care which party they belong to.

That's right, it means NOTHING because I see beyond what the media reports (or rather doesn't report) about the economy. When you have nearly 10% unemployment and so many people hurting, a slowing in the loss of jobs means quite little to me. The lapdog media hardly even gives any mention to the impending hyperinflation that is a result of Bush and Obama's criminal policies (or, rather the policies of the bosses they must answer to).

10. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

11. AvatarMN

The rich (not just my definition, the Obama budget's definition), in this case is the top 2%. Fuck those guys. And this is not the same administration that didn't obtain any oversight over TARP. This administration has been laying in oversight to their bailouts, and are trying to get it on on TARP.

I don't have "blind faith" in anybody. You have a blind lack of... not even faith, you don't see facts and figures. Just plain blindness. Predictions anyone else may offer are baseless, no matter what they cite to back it up. But your predictions are the gospel just because. For someone else's views, the short time period Obama's been in office means they don't know anything about him. But for you, seven months is long enough to know that he's lied and failed at everything. You can't see discontinuity between the deficit spending of Bush and the actual budgeting of Obama. You're blind.

I'm not saying everything's fixed, or that things aren't still plently bad I can just recognize when things are getting better, and other things are getting worse slower... since there are facts available. There are promising signs, for the first time in a long time. Could it slip again? I don't know. Neither do you.

12. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Wow, I've never seen so many economists. How many of the top 1%, 2%, or even 5% do you see on the streets complaining, or even hear about complaining? Do you really think those complaining are doing so at the request of the wealthiest? How much has their wealth diminished so far, and how much do you think it will diminish if Obama gets every program he desires passed? A little common sense needs to be applied. The wealthiest are not sitting back hoarding billions of dollars under their mattresses, they have it invested, and a good portion of it is invested in ways that can't be easily taken away, if at all. Currency is but a tool used to acquire wealth. It has no intrinsic value on it's own. It serves as an equivalent to one's labors or financial dealings with others. It has no consistency in value, and the greater the supply the less it becomes worth and the greater prices rise. If you were to confiscate 100% of the money held by the wealthiest 5%, and divide it among the remainder of the population, they would still remain to be the wealthiest, and in short order would once again be found to have a disproportionate amount of the money in relation to the remainder of the society. What's next on the program? Confiscation of all precious metals, gems, collectible art and antiques, land property, luxury items, etc.? Then you might bring the top 5% to start complaining, but the illusion of taking away otherwise worthless paper is not going to bring about anything more than new opportunities. Has anyone got any predictions as to what the U.S. Dollar, assuming it continues to exist, will be worth in 10 or 20 years, based on what it is worth today?
    Once any recovery begins in earnest you will see that all that has been accomplished is price inflation and a devalued currency, which is not going to be a positive occurrence in relation to trade with other nations.

13. AvatarMN

None. The top 2% are the ones hiring criminal hacks to astroturf fake grass roots movements and lie to people, saying that encouragement to have a living will means Obama wants to push grandma out to sea on an ice flow. The mindless masses believe it, and then they go shout down their congressman at a town hall. The other 72% want health care insurance reform.

I don't know. I'm gonna wait until I hear it before I put on a "The End Is Near" sandwich board and tinfoil hat and stand on the corner and rant.

14. atla23

atla23 Member

not to mention all the money from the stimulus plan hasnt circulated yet

15. Pressed_Rat

Maybe because it's true. Maybe because Obama's health care panel are a bunch of eugenicist Nazis. I mean, most of this comes from the mouth of zio-nazi Ezekiel Emanuel himself, brother of zio-nazi Rahm Emanuel (talk about nepotism).

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07242009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/deadly_doctors_180941.htm

Yes, Obama and his ilk DO want to push grandma out on to an ice flow, including anyone they feel is not worthy of the government's money. Nazi eugenics at its finest.

I'd really like to know where you got your 72% from. For that amount of people to be in support of it, the White House sure seems awfully concerned about squashing people's first amendment rights if they stand in opposition to Lord Obama's policies.

16. Pressed_Rat

The criminal element that makes up a relatively large portion of that 2% don't pay taxes and are permitted to get away with it. Again, look at the people in Obama's cabinet that were found to not be paying their taxes. And most of these people probably aren't even in the 2%. If you're an honest, hard-working citizen, you get looted. If you're a hardened Wall Street/corporate criminal, you are rewarded for ripping the people off. Obama works for the criminal element on Wall Street and in the multinational corporations. He's not going to do anything that hurts them.

I have nothing against the rich, as long as they earned their wealth honestly, unlike the elites calling the shots and determining who pays taxes and how much.

17. AvatarMN

That's the New York Post, and I've never heard about Dr. Emanuel from anyone else. I suspect he's taken out of context. But even if he's not, what makes you think that just because someone has a nutty idea, they'd ever get away with it? Say health care reform passes, just the way Obama wanted it, and then doctors actually started pushing grandma out on an ice flow... They wouldn't fucking get away with it. What might happen is no reason to not do anything at all. The health care system is fucked, and something has to be done. If eugenics become the result, that part will be stopped.

It's a figure I hear a lot. Next time I do, I'll note the source and try to remember to tell you.

The White House is not the one trying to squash speech about health care, pal. The Republicans and the astroturfers are the ones who are dispatching people to town hall meetings to stop discussion about heath care reform. Good god...

You really are uninformed, reading the Post. Obama took action against tax shelters months ago. You think his people don't know how much taxes the rich are going to be paying, when they figure out the budget and allow him to say that he's going to pay down the deficit by half by the end of his first term? These people have calculators.

They are THE SAME PEOPLE. The rich, and the elites calling the shots. Where the hell did that come from? Who are you, and what have you done with Pressed Rat? This is what you've been saying all along. The rich and powerful are corrupt.

18. Pressed_Rat

Nutty people in power get away with nutty things everyday. It's not hard when you have a complacent, dumbed-down public that is so easily manipulated by a corporate media PR campaign that instills people's beliefs and values for them. Just read the quote in my signature.

"Astroturfers" was coined by the corporate, controlled media to demonize anyone who criticizes Obama's eugenics policy, making them appear to be bought off, and therefore not genuine. It's clear you're easily influenced by such loaded terminology. You're simply buying into their mass mind control, like most of the public that believes whatever they hear on the tube.

The White House IS squashing free speech. I know, because I have seen video from these town hall meetings. In many cases old men are being attacked and threatened, simply for having an opinion that's contrary to Obama's plan. A lot of people are not even being allowed into these supposedly "public" events because they do not go along with the anointed one's agenda. The White House is using ACORN to basically hire police to keep certain people out of these events. The video is widely available on the internet.

Also, there is not any official number/precentage. Most of the online polls, which I feel are most representative of the general public's views, show people to be highly against Obamacare. The corporate lapdog media numbers are the most likely to be skewed, since they serve as nothing more than a mouthpiece for both the domestic and foreign agenda. All I know is that I don't believe for a second that Obama's health care plan has 72% approval, when Obama himself only has a 50% approval rating. Something isn't right there.

I read a number of sources. I don't read one or two sources and form an opinion based on that alone. So I don't "read" the New York Post any more than I read the Fox News website or Democracy Now. I read articles from all different sources, from all different persuasions. It doesn't mean I subscribe to everything, or even a fraction of what these outlets churn out. I go based on whatever has supporting evidence.

Obama taking action against the tax shelters is a complete lie that obviously the Obama koolaid drinkers have decided to believe at face value. Obama's promise to go after tax loopholes has once again turned out to be another blatant lie from his campaign, much like the lie that he would end torture, when in fact one of the first things he did when he got into office was sign executive orders that actually permit torture. Everything about Obama has been a total lie up to this point.

No shit, sherlock. You think these people are actually going to pay taxes when most of them already pay none or next to none? It's a joke! And besides, it is another LIE about only the 2% richest having their taxes increased. This is old news that Obama has already turned his back on, because now it looks like the tax increases will be right across the board.

LIES LIES LIES LIES

19. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Pay down the deficit? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Obviously you are not talking about the National debt as all that can be done to it is reduce or increase it's rate of growth.
    When speaking of deficit, all you are talking about is the difference between what is coming in and what is being spent. Cutting it in half by the end of his first term should be no problem at all considering what the deficit will be at the end of his first year. The deficit only adds to the National debt, and although it doubled over the eight years under Bush, it could easily double once again under eight years of Obama. It's up over one trillion already over just half a year.

20. Pressed_Rat