worst band in the world

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Boogabaah, Mar 31, 2009.

1. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Coldplay are pretensious, but at least they are music, unlike the karaoke groups like Westlife and Girls Aloud.

2. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

I despise Creed (and the post-Grunge scene, in general), but I would not say they are the worst band ever.

3. Lodog

Lodog ¿

That distinction goes to the 80's metal band SLAYER.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

5. stash napt

stash napt Member

Creed really isn't that bad lol. There are so many bands out there i'd take creed over anyday lol.

6. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Hmmmmm... Bands like the very obscure Disco band from India STASH NAPT!

7. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

Okay, that's cool . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIqRxBtNrFs&feature=related

Joking aside, I can see why people would not like Slayer. I try not to be closeminded. I think Reign in Blood gives the band a bad name, since it is repetitive, childish, and only interested in intensity.

Anyway, I thought the worst band might have been Limp Bizkit, Crazy Town, or Slipknot (which are bands I kind of like). I guess I was wrong.

8. Lodog

Lodog ¿

In your defense I'd have had 1,000 words worth of material if your user name was "WingerFan20"

9. stash napt

stash napt Member

EXACTLY! :sultan:

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Oh god I haven't heard anybody mention the words limp bizkit in a mad long time. They were awful. I was agreeing with most of this thread by saying Creed was awful. But yea I agree with you on limp.

Most of these bands listed in this thread were some loser high school kid's garage band who somehow had inside connections with Rolling Stone magazine and the music industry; they somehow used these connections to get published and mainstream media publicity and next thing you know BAM! They've gone platinum.

I also think Black Eyed Peas and Linkin Park should be added to the shitty band list as well. But I still say Creed is worse than all of them because of how long they've managed to remain famous and survive being washed up. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to combine Grunge with Gospel? Creed of course :hurl:

11. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

12. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

You know who else sucks? Those fucking Black Eyed Peas

13. Lodog

Lodog ¿

If we're going that route Jars of Clay suck way worse than Creed.

14. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

Oh god I haven't heard anybody mention the words limp bizkit in a mad long time. They were awful. I was agreeing with most of this thread by saying Creed was awful. But yea I agree with you on limp.

I actually admitted to liking Limp Bizkit, along with Crazy Town and Slipknot. Sorry if I did not make it clear. What I was implying was the amount of criticism Limp Bizkit gets. I almost never hear anything good said about the band, so that is why I thought they would be on there.

15. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

Ugh! I hate Black Eyed Peas. Especially when Fergie joined. She is so annoying that I want to cut off my ears whenever I hear her sing.

16. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I hate Black Eyed Peas as much as the next person, but this video/flashmob was awesome. It's hard to watch the video without smiling:D Oprah didn't even know about it. lol My favorite part is at after 2:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aSbKvm_mKA"]YouTube - Black Eyed Peas I got a feeling on Oprah Chicago Flashmob 24th

17. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Three Dolla Bill Ya'll by LB was actually pretty good and different when it first came out.

18. GeddyR

GeddyR Member

Nobody mentioned nickelback? First band that came to my mind

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Awkward......

Well, I supposed I did like them back when I was an angsty rage-filled teenager who didn't know any better. And they had the potential to create a couple good tracks. Some of their stuff, I'll admit, was decent. But they single handedly turned Woodstock '99 into a war zone. Their most famous stuff they were best known for was their worst, which is one of many reasons they've been heavily criticized.

But in the end, you have Fred attempting the guitar (this video cracks me up) http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1915969

20. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

As much as I dislike Creed, I'll admit that like Alter Bridge. Firstly, the lead singer, unlike the other so-called "rock" stars, sounds original, and is not one of the thousands trying to imitate Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder, or Layne Stanley. (I'm getting really sick of these types of singers). Secondly, the guitarists have improved their skills and you hear actual riffs!