Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Feel Good Feminism' started by mystik_lilac, Mar 12, 2009.

1. magic_squid

magic_squid Guest

hello everyone!

My name is April, and I am currently residing in Washington state. I live to move around, and am sure I will be creeping myself away very soon. I am proud to call myself a strong woman with a lot to say, and I am so glad to see other women here doing the same! I love to travel, I am a musician, painter and bodyboarder. I am so gladto be a part of this community of women

2. junegloom

junegloom Member

hello fellow feminists

i am vanessa, 19 yrs old, have been a feminist as long as i can remember
    i'm a bit of a tomboy too :)

3. jokeroftheheart

jokeroftheheart Guest

hello hello :)
    I'm 19, a uni student in Toronto studying Sociology and Psychology.
    I wasn't officially introduced in feminism in any particular way, I've just always been an activist in general, particularly interested in human rights since I was child, taking after my father.

Growing up I was always really close to my father, who never treated me any differently because I was a girl and always pushed my independence.

When I started university this year I was formally introduced to feminist sociologists and activists and yep I think that's it haha.

I love writing in all forms, reading, and a mad addiction to coffee and tea.
    I'm always up for interesting intelligent conversation :)

- Leelo

4. BE_PROUD_90

BE_PROUD_90 Guest

I'm a woman living in America and I'm proud of who I am. Being a woman should be something you should be proud of!

P.S

How many women does it take to change a light bulb?
    .... One to change the bulb and two to support her..

Also, women were created to please men. Now get the fuck back in the kitchen before I gotta start smacking ya'll with my belt that my boss gave me for working in a metal factory.

Kind regards, from, you guessed it... the supreme race... a man.

5. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Christine, 24, married
    Gemini Sun, Capricorn Moon, Sagittarius Rising
    Nursing Assistant
    Artist
    Kundalini Yogin
    Pescatarian Vegetarian
    Eclectic Agnostic
    5'5'' 125 lbs
    92.89% Orcadian 7.11% Maya

6. Draugr_Rekkr

Draugr_Rekkr Members

Hey I'm here to learn about feminism from people that would be willing to teach me, I do ask lots of questions and it can get me in trouble sometimes but I just want to learn and if anyone will teach me I will be more then willing to listen

7. chibikitsune

chibikitsune Members

Hello!

I'm Belle, from São Paulo, Brazil. Not sure how active this forum is, but I've been looking for people I can relate to in regards to feminism in general. Society in Brazil is still very sexist, and even though feminism here is a growing force, the absurd anti-feminism movement is starting to hit back pretty hard.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

To begin with, I have male parts---to clarify---those are the only parts I have. But I strongly support feminism.

I have been working on several books that deal with the Post-Modern Crisis, and I feel that the rise of the feminine is a key part to solving this crisis, and is necessary for us to move on to our next level of development as a species. In my opinion, feminism is a much bigger movement/social shift than a fight for equal rights and equal pay---granted, that is very important too, but that is only the surface of what is really happening here.

With the steps that have been made so far, our culture has already changed in subtle, but very significant ways. The movie, Anchorman, and its sequel parodied the male world of a working man's life as it was well into the 70's. But the male chauvinism it portrayed was far more accurate, especially in terms of a way of thinking, than we would want to actually admit. However, as women continue to achieve equality, and take on greater roles of leadership, our culture will change in tremendous ways. Most importantly we will see a change in our culture's collective psychology. I believe that this will enable us to reconnect with our own selves in such a way that we will become more whole humans--we will not be so deeply alienated from our own subconscious. I also believe that it will help break down our currently inflated ego-shadow complex to a more healthy and natural level.

I argue that in a very fundamental sense, we are undoing the rise of the masculine. In other words, undoing the rebellion of the male from the rule of the Goddess, and her queen, in our early planter culture communities. However we see the universe in post-enlightenment terms, so this does not mean that we will return to a period of feminine rule, rather it will return us right back to the time of our hunter-gatherer ancestors, when the male and the female where two halves to a whole in the fertility magic of the cosmos. In other words, a time when gender had no dominant significance----humans were just humans. (In my research I have found that world language hold clues to this distant past of equality).

Anyway, the road to gender equality is not easy----there will be much reactionary backlash on both sides. After all, it is inevitable that a social change such as this will create much friction. But it is a fight that must be fought----not just for equal pay and equal rights, but in order for mankind to move forward.

9. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

hi iM marley, im a cool boy