Fuck Capital One!

Discussion in 'Boycott' started by xaosflux, Mar 2, 2009.

1. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As if CONE didn't suck enough already, I just got a letter from them saying they were going to raise my rate by over 10% !!!! I've been a customer for about 7-8 years, never late, lots of transactions a month! Their customer service area is not even the slightest bit worried about loosing customers either.

2. Caprichoso

Caprichoso Member

You can always refuse to pay it. If they value you, they'll either rescind the increase or close your account and you keep the old rate till its paid off. They count most on people not even noticing the increases, which in many cases, people don't.

3. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

Seems like alot of credit card companies are doing that lately.Supposedly the new administration is starting to crack down on them,but they have to crack down alot harder.---Anyhow when I use credit cards I pay the bill on time, the full amount,I do not ever pay interest.---And if they try to pull an extra charge or something underhanded,I tell them to remove it.-----One company did not remove a phony charge so I did not pay them anything---it wound up being a nice sum of "free" money for me.They did not play fair so thats what they get.--Also it's best to keep cc use to a minimum. In many parts of Europe for example they do not even use credit cards that much.

4. M2D

M2D Member

I work for bank of america.... and I despise them. cant fucking stand it anymore... fucking rate increases all over the place... and no... noone gives a fuck about losing customers, especially if you have any kind of balance, with the economy the way it is the bank is alot happier seeing you move the balance somewhere else because they are worried that you wont finish paying it and will charge off. When people call in and threaten to go to another company thats actually what they want... after seeing how long you have held the balance they dont trust you anymore, thats why theres no effort to keep you.

now the truth about working at a bank

-if I dont sell a certain amount of products they send someone to sit with me with aclipboard and tell me everything im doing wrong (because I choose morals over money basically, I dont find sneaky ways to talk old ladies into buying credit protection and maxing out there credit cards with balance transfers) and for that im considered a bad employee.

- I got cought trying to help to many customers by calling credit analysts to see if theres any other options for the customer, they got pissed off and reported me now im on notice for conduct.

- my manager harrasses me constantly when I dont meet sales quotas... to the point that I avoid going to the bathroom because every time I have to walk by his desk I have to provide a big detailed explanation as to why im not selling as much as everyone else

- we are not allowed to leave our desks unless its a scheduled break, which they often space 3 hours apart and refuse to move the breaks around for you, then if you do leave your desk after 2 and a half hours to finally piss because you can feel your bladder splitting you have to go to the operations managers office and explain why you are defying their rules

theres so so so so much more but I cant sit here all night... maybe another time..

5. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

^^^Man,you should really get another job.----Anyhow the difference between credit card companies,drug companies and insurance companies in comparison to the mafia is, at least the mafia has some integrity.----I really do hope those 3 industries in particular get crushed by the new administration--go back to what used to work so well ,proper and strict regulations on ALL big businesses.You cannot be nice to these people ie. credit card companies and so on.

6. M2D

M2D Member

dude, you have no idea how badly I want a new job, but ive been applying and applying and nothing.... its driving me crazy....

7. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

If I were in your situation I'd rather be on government assistance until you get a better line of work.No shame in getting a little government help when you need it,and I am an owner of a small business giving this advice.---BTW the following advice applies to everyone, as far as credit, sure most everyone wants to have good credit,however nowadays it has become much,much harder than it used to be,almost impossible for many people.--My recommendation for people that owe alot of money on a credit card is 'fuck em' do NOT pay it off.There is NOTHING they ie. the credit card companies or anyone can do about it. No big deal about having a mark placed on your credit --wear it as a badge of honor.

8. jia

jia Member

Can't get unemployement if you quit or if youre fired for cause, only if you get laid off usually.

9. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

bank of america just open a new branch office close to me.
    i recived in my snail mail, an invite to the party, they would be throwing on opening day.
    well, during the night, someone dump a truck load of cow shit on their front door, and spread it all over the place.

i take it that, some rancher, is an unhappy former costumer of bank of america and, their opening really stunk badly too!

10. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

11. M2D

M2D Member

thats funny hahahaha man I wish i had heard that at work... i love to stir the pot there... at least its good for that... I get them all worked up because i ask questions they dont have logical answeres to so they just pull rank and basically tell me to shut the fuck up... then after when they ask if theres any questions I usually make a comment like "yes, but were not allowed to ask them" im on notice for conduct now though for that shit... ah well

as far as not paying off your credit cards, charging off should only be viewed as a last resort, as long you make on time payments and pay more than the minimum you will keep a decent interest rate, and as long as you have a decent interest rate you might as well pay it off, as you were the one who borrowed the money in the first place.

even better idea is why not just buy things you can afford?

12. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Not according to the original poster.

13. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

M2D,

I think you would make a great credit counselor. There are paid positions for non-profits that actually help consumers. I even hear credit counselors with radio talk shows.
    Life is too short to let this evil corporation make you do things that violate your principles.
    Keep trying to get a position that will allow you to keep your ethics and dignity.
    As for asking permission to piss, that is demeaning and should be illegal.