Fashion style

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by flowerchild23-91, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Riena

Riena Guest

I kind of have a style. It's just not easily defined. I don't dress in trendy/mainstream fashion. It bores me. I prefer clothes that stand out while still being practical and subtle. I always wear something black whether it's a top or bottom. My overall outfits are just plain practical, comfortable "indie" with bits of goth, emo, geek, a tiny bit of punk, and a tiny bit of hippie(I just love tye dye t-shirts). I also love wearing unatural colored clip in hair extensions. I don't have the nerve for tattoos and piercings other than my ear, but if I did I would definitely have at least one tattoo and a nose ring.

2. Isabel who

Isabel who Banned

comfort is my own style!!

3. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

Tie dye, whether shirts or pants. And socks. Not that I wear socks much...
    Decorated my jean jacket with some Dead stuff, so been wearing that a lot. I also like flowery/flowy 60 or 70's shirts...and my favortie shirt happens to be a groovy red shirt from the 70's (my Cousins gave it to me, cleaning out my uncle's attic. My dad thinks it was probably his) Band T's, mainly Grateful Dead shirts. Oh & sarongs, looove sarongs.
    Best summer wear :D

So style wise, classic hippy/deadhead wear.

4. Kyrara-Ruxandra

Kyrara-Ruxandra Member

Peasant blouses, bell bottoms, flowing dresses and skirts, sandals, corduroy, crochet stuff, lots of scarves, and knitted caps, and jewelery... I mostly dress from thrift shops, and such my clothes are kinda unique and off the wall... I may have been called flamboyant on ocassions:D
    Though, I own a few elegant clothes, similar to some I've seen Marlene Dietrich wear. At the prom I wore an evening gown, but that's about it, I mostly dress comfortable.
    Not a big fan of heels, though; I can walk pretty well in them, but I'd rather have the ground close to my feet:D

5. PinkFairyTulip

PinkFairyTulip Member

I like wearing dresses for the sake of childhood nastalgia. :) They were all i'd wear as a kid...

6. antelope93

antelope93 Guest

whatever i feel comfortable in; usually jeans, a t-shirt, a cardigan or sweater, my lace up boots, and a jacket depending on the weather.

7. FlowerMama

FlowerMama Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

~ FlowerMama:daisy:

8. skinny.jeans

skinny.jeans Members

I'm generally quite preppy in what I wear. Skinny jeans, loosely laced boots, v necks or shirts with cardigan is sort of usual attire for me.

I'm even considering stepping it up a level, I have my eye on a pair of very bright boots I want and some of those non-prescription glasses with just clear lenses in them.

I dress to express myself and to look hot, but I think on a subconcious level its also a rebellion against my mum, who basically told me what to wear until I moved out at 16.

9. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I wear business-casual clothing. I don't have a style other than that.

10. gracycolonal

gracycolonal Member

What to wear it all depends on my mood. Basically I wear jeans only but when I feel lazy I prefer wearing loose clothes like shirts,T-shirts, lower etc.

11. purple_peace_mama

purple_peace_mama Guest

I've pretty much stopped shopping at main stream stores - I live in thrift stores now. Some of my things are from the main stream guys, but I buy what I think will suit my style and not that a magaize says will :)
    Sometimes I come out looking pretty average, but I always try to put some kind of "hippy flair" on it (a bag, scarf, hat, etc)
    I think style is a way of explaining to the world who you are without even opening your mouth. So, why not let it yell out loud for you?
    I'm also in the dread process, so that always gives any "style" the up-boot :)

12. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

shorts and stylish tee.

13. samsingh123

samsingh123 Member

Hi, I am not a fashion conscious guy. I like to wear comfortable cloths like jeans and tee always.

14. Laci

Laci Members

I'm all about comfort!
    Here are some of my favorite outfits:

1) sweatpants, fuzzy socks, sports bra, tank top, t-shirt, hoodie, slippers (typical school outfit)
    2) jeggings, t-shirt, hoodie, Vans, beanie
    3) Leggings/yoga pants and a hoodie, slippers or Vans
    4) Skinny jeans/jeggings/leggings with an oversized vintage sweater, Vans
    5) Denim shorts, a loose t-shirt, and my oversized plaid flannel shirt (MY FAVORITE THING I OWN!)

During the summer I wear a lot of maxi dresses in tribal prints, shorter dresses. Hate wearing shorts or tank tops since I have short, thick thighs and larger breasts. I just think it looks bad, so I opt for things that are fairly loose fitting and comfortable.

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Black jeans and black tunic top, belted.... Black leather vest when I go out somewhere

16. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

My answer changed a bit since I last replied in 2010. My style still has a strong punk rock influence, but overall it's less girly and more punk than before, with no more rockabilly touch, make-up or nails done. I wear mostly black, stretchy clothing that allow me to move freely, are comfy while having a nice cut and looking edgy. I highlight my black total look with stripes or camo and feline prints, I rarely wear any color except white, gray, red and sometimes dark brown, pink, purple or teal blue. I like combat boots, Converse sneakers (classic or hi-tops), mid-calf suede boots (that I nickname my "folk singer boots" ahah) and good old Doc Martens, preferably in a flashy color... mine are hot pink. My jewelry usually consists of the classic leather wristbands with studs, chunky necklaces and occasionally earrings.

17. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Old hoodie, ripped jeans, holey t-shirt, shoes falling apart ...