local drumming circles...

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by turnipgranola, Nov 6, 2008.

1. turnipgranola

turnipgranola Member

how do you find local drumming circles? What are they like? What are your experiences with them?

2. wendyc

wendyc Member

Couldn't stand you sitting here without an answer cause they are great.

Googled "finding a drum circle" and found http://drumcircle.meetup.com/

You could also just post an inquiry on craigslist and get lots of interest/answers for your area.

1 person likes this.
  3. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

Just wanted to let you know that the Myrtle Beach Full Moon Drum Circle, monthly drum circle will start around 4pm on Saturday Dec 13 and will last until 7:45pm. We will most likely meet in one of the other beach shelters, north of the fishing pier. Just look and listen for us.

www. myspace. com/mbdrumcircle

www. geocities. com/mbdrumcircle

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

check on yahoo groups as well, since drummers often get mailing lists that way.
    In Denver / Front Range we have Drumming Spirit, for example.

5. turnipgranola

turnipgranola Member

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I can't get to Myrtle Beach at that time, but I will keep searching. Hopefully moving to Colorado next year so maybe I can catch the Denver drummers then...

6. SoManyDaysSuchLittleTime

SoManyDaysSuchLittleTime Member

Every time I hear drums I soon see cops :( :confused: :mad:

7. drumminmama

that'd be Boulder, where there's a time limit... or they boys in blue have nothing better to do than harass musicians on the street

8. drumminmama

New circle Tuesday nights in Denver!
    7 pm at Cafe Creo/ Open Tap 1445 S Broadway. cross street is Florida.

Dec 30 is a party, but after that the place is ours.
    Small room, big drumming. Come down, have a drink or a snack and make some magic.

9. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

you could always start your own, I always see flyers on community boards promoting drum circles....but I dont think I live near you.

10. Popa Rabbit 13

Popa Rabbit 13 Members

MYRTLE BEACH DRUM CIRCLE
    email: mbdrumcircle@gmail.com
    www.************/groups/322879897682/

The Next Myrtle Beach Drum Circle is Saturday, July 16th (The Thunder Moon) at the Myrtle Beach State Park, from 6pm until 9:30pm. This is usually a very strong drum circle gathering drum wise as it brings out the real thunder of our very best drummers who never want to quit until the last minute of the night. The summer heat and power of the night seems to especially ignite them on the eve of the Thunder Moon. The big drums will be back as well ! The weather forecast (as of this writing) is calling for 93 degrees, with a chance of a scattered thunder shower. As always, if there is any of the wet stuff, we’ll have the shelter covered and everyone dry, and the fans will be blowing strong to keep the heat off. We dearly want to thank everyone for not only making last month’s 13th anniversary so utterly incredible, but also for all the past drum circles over the years and all the ones yet to come. Thank you for moving tables, bringing food, spinning poi, hula hooping, gathering wood, dancing, drumming, crafting, painting, and making the magic happen that’s been the building blocks of our tight community ! The last couple drum circles have been really off the charts, which show just how well the “new mailing list” is working, so if you haven’t already added yourself, please do so at: mbdrumcircle@gmail.com ! Or you can send it to me directly and I’ll add you myself. The paint station will be back again and we’re ready for some new artwork ! There will also again be jewelry and other crafts from Gypsy Life Creations (thank you Chandra) available for you as well ! Again, another quick thank you to Ralph and Elvia for the kindness of your healing presence the last couple months, we hope to see you again Saturday! All upcoming drum circle dates will be pinned at the top of the group page. We look forward to seeing everyone as usual, and again, thank you for helping our community to continually evolve and grow. Bring your hoops, poi, drums, bells, shakers, flutes and instruments of merriment, we’ll burn some sage, and help CREATE THE VIBE ! We love you all… namaste’ !

2016 DRUM CIRCLE DATES

Jul 16 Thunder Moon
    Aug 20 Sturgeon Moon
    Sep 17 Harvest Moon
    Oct 15 Hunter's Moon
    Nov 12 Beaver Moon
    Dec 10 Cold Moon - Fireplace Shelter Reserved!

mbdrumcircle@gmail.com
    https://www.************/groups/322879897682/
    https://twitter.com/MrtlBhDrumCircl
    https://plus.google.com/communities/116406269168757725436

* Please remember that alcohol is prohibited at the state park.

11. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

There used to be a local group, or 2 groups of drum circles I had heard about in the past here in St. Louis. Not sure if they still gather or not.

They used to congregate on certain days of the week near the Delmar Loop, but I think they moved several times due to noise complaints. Disrupting the peace and what have you.

I'd love to find one in my area and sit in. Play some good jams.

12. Popa Rabbit 13

Popa Rabbit 13 Members

MYRTLE BEACH DRUM CIRCLE
    email: mbdrumcircle@gmail.com
    www.************/groups/322879897682/

The Next Myrtle Beach Drum Circle is Saturday, August 20th (The Sturgeon Moon) at the Myrtle Beach State Park, from 6pm until 9:30pm. From What I’m hearing this is shaping up to be another big one. The weather forecast (as of this writing) is calling for a cooler 86 degrees, with a chance of a scattered thunder shower. As always, if there is any of the wet stuff, we’ll have the shelter covered and everyone dry, and the fans will be blowing strong to keep the heat off. We never cancel ! The past several drum circles have been really off the charts, which show just how well the “new mailing list” is working, so if you haven’t already added yourself, please do so at: mbdrumcircle@gmail.com ! Or you can send it to me directly and I’ll add you myself. If you see a smaller structured circle somewhere, that won’t be us; we’re much more informal and intimate, not to mention larger, so just look for the lights and the banner, there were some bummed people who showed later after they found the real Myrtle Beach Drum Circle. The paint station will be back again and we’re ready for some new artwork! There will also again be jewelry and other crafts from Gypsy Life Creations (thank you Chandra) available for you as well ! All upcoming drum circle dates will be pinned at the top of the group page. We look forward to seeing everyone as usual, and again, thank you for helping our community to continually evolve and grow. Bring your hoops, poi, drums, bells, shakers, flutes and instruments of merriment, we’ll burn some sage, and help CREATE THE VIBE ! We love you all… namaste’ !

2016 DRUM CIRCLE DATES

Aug 20 Sturgeon Moon
    Sep 17 Harvest Moon
    Oct 15 Hunter's Moon
    Nov 12 Beaver Moon
    Dec 10 Cold Moon - Fireplace Shelter Reserved!

mbdrumcircle@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook...s/322879897682/
    https://twitter.com/MrtlBhDrumCircl
    https://plus.google....269168757725436

* Please remember that alcohol is prohibited at the state park.

13. Scratched

Scratched Members

Beaver Moon sounds interesting