Place a bump when you're drunk

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by woodsman, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

Im broke too. But relapse sure feels great haha. If i had cash id have continued to abstain from alcohol and buy some of the banging buds my guys been getting lately, shit like headband (award winning sour deisel/OG kush cross) or something, but fuck it, its saturday night and im bored.

I love vodka, but i dont drink it alot because i hate cheap vodka and dont usually have money for anything good. Thats not to say i wont mix in shitty vodka with some organge juice and not thouroughly enjoy it, but its not my prefered choice if im drinking on a budget.

2. Loki557

Loki557 Member

How does vodka make you sick? It is pretty much water and Alcohol... I would get weed but my parents drug test me.... :(

3. Loki557

Loki557 Member

Listening to Smamshing Pumpkins is awesome while drunk xD

4. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

Yeah headband is probably one of the best strains ive smoked, maybe even the best (its hard to compare weed now to when i first started cause i dont know what it would have done to me back then) but its at least the best ive had in a while.

Listening to the grateful dead drunk is even better. I listen to them much too much. But they have so many different sounds and styles they almost ALWAYS have something to fit my mood. All ive been doing lately is listening to the dead. Ill listen to a few other random songs maybe, but for the most part its just show after show after show. Its so fucking addicting.

5. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

That may be the reason it makes him sick. Since vodka can be so easy to drink i know alot of people that just went way too overboard with it and cant drink it anymore. That almost happend to me once, but i knew i loved it, so i just made myself drink it anyway. You get over it if you drink it a few times with good results.

Unfortunatly i had that with scotch the first time i ever drank it, one of the only two times ive had a hangover. I was just starting 10th grade, and was really pissed off and couldnt sleep, so at like 2 in the morning i drank some bottle of scotch, and the whole day in school the room was spinning fucking crazy like. I enjoy whiskey now, but sometimes scotch is a little too much for me to want to get drunk off it. Then again, the last time i drank it was when i woke up and made a big scotch on the rocks, so that might be why i thought it was a big harsh hahaha.

6. Loki557

Loki557 Member

Haha, In all honesty I haven't listened to the Grateful Dead that much. It is on my list of things to get on my Ipod though. I just need to be in a certain mood to llisten to new music and I have a backlog of Rap my friend keeps telling me to listen too.

7. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

What kind of rap have you been listening to?

8. Loki557

Loki557 Member

Mainly Nas, MF DOOM, T.I., Lupe Fiasco, and Kanye West.

I also listen to The Game when I feel like listening to "Gangsta" Rap. I have been meaning to listen to some 2pac, Wu Tang Clan, etc but I haven't got to it.

9. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

I hear great things about wu tang, but have only started to get into them recently, something i regret.

but uh, check out hieroglyphics. If you like that shit check out the shit their members do especially del, and his deltron 3030 shit. My favorite rap.

10. Loki557

Loki557 Member

I will add it to the list lol. If I were you I would check out Nas and Lupe Fiasco(The songs on the radio are okay but he has some amazing songs on his albums). Both are great lyricists, a lot of people call Lupe a "good boy" rapper but he has a way with words and I really enjoy the depth to his lyrics.

I have wu-tang clan on my album but I never get around to listening to them but when I do they are very good.

11. Loki557

Loki557 Member

I also like Eminem, he is a good blend of a intelligent lyric, good rapping ability, shock value, and comedy. Just to dark when you are drunk.

12. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

Yeah NAS does have good lyrics, i dont think ive ever heard that other guy you mentioned though.

Im on the fence about eminem. I agree with what you said, but at the same time, i have a distaste for anything so trendy. I really should be more open minded, but i cant help it.

EDIT: Either way, he aint THAT good at rapping.

13. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

What kind of alcohol is black velvet and what does it generally cost?

14. Loki557

Loki557 Member

He isn't the best but he is good at rapid fire rapping where he can rap very fast while still being listenable and change up his voice. Check this video for a extreme example of Lupe Fiasco's ability to put together some very clever lyrics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Et1siZhTk

15. Loki557

Loki557 Member

I keep hearing about them from time to time, I will need to check them out.

16. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

Yeah he seems pretty cool.

But really though, no one amazes me like del/the hiero crew. Del is just so fucking good at rapping, hes a fucking genious, and he has sick style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7_jbluF0qo

Thats just one small part of his whole spectrum of what he can do. So fucking innnovative. That shits like psychedelic acid rap.

17. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

Thats another album i need to get, ive heard it and liked it. The same people i know that listen to wu tang like this shit.

18. Loki557

Loki557 Member

That is a pretty good song, the beat didn't click with the whole way though. I don't know why, sometimes it was amazing while others it just seemed bland. the Lyrics were ridiculous though.

19. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

Yeah its weird, but i didnt notice that a few years ago when i first listened to it. I think its just cause hes trying to be extremely innovative and freeform. This album was great for him, because its a concept album of the year 3030 so it leaves him with a whole fucking world to create through his lyrics, leaving alot of room for creativity. But if you listen to it enough, and put away some of your preconceived notions of rythem and how rap should be youll find it works perfectly.

20. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member