Terrorism...?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fitzy21, May 17, 2004.

1. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

I want to know what your ideas of terrorism are? As in what a terrorist act is? what terrorist crime can entail. Can terrorism be considered as small as robbing a lady of her purse or is it just large scale attacks like 9-11?

what are your ideas. i have been discussing this with my family and friends and would like to get more input on this.

in my opinion, i believe that terrorism can be as small as robbing a purse because it puts a sense of fear in to somebody and i also believe that larger attacks like 9-11 are also terrorism.

2. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

I would say terrorism is to try to gain poltical influence by violence.

3. Communism

Communism Member

9/11 was nothing compared to the wars the US and the United Kingdom has started; They are terrorism in it's purest form. Politically I feel no pitty for the Americans.

I do not support terrorism.

4. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

I would consider terrorism to be acts committed against civilians in an attempt to achieve some political or social goal.

Arn argument can also be made for including attacks towards military targets with a reckless disregard for civilian lives. (i.e. a rocket strike against a HAMAS leader that kills 20 bystanders)

5. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Terrorism is the new bogeyman for our century. For most of the last century we had the wicked Commies to be scared about. When the Soviet Union fell, the US needed another big baddie to keep us (and allies from the Cold War) worried and make us fear for our security, and conveniently we now have Islamic fundamentalists like al-Qaeda to fill the vacuum.

6. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

A terrorist is a freedom fighter who is losing.

7. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Well said!

8. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

LOL, that was pretty good Eugene. It reminds me of the definition of a racist.

9. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Terrorism = using violence to bring attention to a political or social cause.

10. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

terrorism is using the oppressive force of fear to achieve your goal...like frightening people to the point that they will not protest (because they are afraid of the chemical weapons the government uses)

11. Communism

Communism Member

Fear or violence against civilians in order to acheive political or religious goals.