Any Active hippie communes?

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by poiuy, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Communityminded

Communityminded Member

Hang tough Thomas....I also know what it fels like to be shunned for age, looks and race. I sent you a message. Get back to me ok?

2. mysoulone

mysoulone Member

3. glenard

glenard Guest

hey did you get down south to mexico? how is it, if you did? im looking for a peace loving commune to go to. all i need is music and green, and im happy.

4. Montreal-Mark

Montreal-Mark Membre

If you're Canadian/Canadien
    Contact Emma Hippie. She is trying to get the people together to start a french-english commune in Quebec Canada.

She is a friend of mine. Here is her site. http://les-revolutionnaires.org

5. BlueMoonBerling

BlueMoonBerling Guest

My husband and I are almost ready to move off-the-grid and are looking for a community to move to in Northern Arizona, since we have family in Arizona. We already have over a years worth of food, seeds from A to Z, a travel trailer to live in while we build our earthbag home, wood burning stove, and many other things needed to start living off and with the land. We understand and are looking forward to the work it will take to make a community self-sufficient. While we are not vegans or vegetarians, we respect others decision to be, and while we currently drink on occasion, and smoke cigarettes we will be quitting both when we move off-the-grid. We, also, have two dogs (a Pomeranian & Jack Russell Terrier, who are very sociable and well-behaved), which are our children. We are very respectful, honest, sincere and hard working and are looking for the same from others in a community.

6. MellowViper

MellowViper Member

I'm not sure, but I'd like to help run a corporation like a commune.

7. PeacefulMoon

PeacefulMoon Guest

Our small family of 3 is looking to move to a commune or similar community very near the coast in California. Please let me know if anyone has suggestions. We are looking at the Humboldt County area.

8. AlchemistGeorge

AlchemistGeorge Living Communally since 1995

Boy, that is an interesting idea, and sounds like a really 'hard sell'. Do you have expertise in both communes and corporations?

Where (in what group) are you living and what it is about the experience there that you think would be useful or of interest to a corporation?

9. AlchemistGeorge

AlchemistGeorge Living Communally since 1995

When we started (in 1968) most of the group members were hippies. I don't think we call ourselves a 'hippy commune', we do paint our buildings and our group vehicles purple. We are still "active" and are slowly becoming more environmental sustainable - but that is not our main focus. We are really big on re-use/re-purpose/re-cycle - at one point we made buildings out of trash (mostly waste paper) - it was an interesting experiment but not that successful. [we do still have three small buildings mostly made of paper.]

10. maro91

maro91 Guest

hi my name is maro and i am 21 from greece..i am intresting to go to nerja or at beneficio community can you help me doing this by giving me some informations? or help me contact with this communities?? my facebook is Maro Karavasili and my e-mail is maria.karavasili.91@hotmail.com.. thanx :)))

11. maro91

maro91 Guest

12. krissypelz

krissypelz Guest

I see this post is old but ive been wanting to start something more like a tribe where we trade our arts and crafts. Let me know if u ended up starting one im looking for a good society outside of society u know...

peace

13. lovenlife

lovenlife Guest

14. lovenlife

lovenlife Guest

15. Chef420life

Chef420life Members

My name is dave, I am 25 and a former marine I've been cooking for 5 years professionally and I want to live a more humble lifestyle. I recently lost a very important job and realized how sad it is to invest so much time and energy just for it to be taken away. I work hard and would live an opportunity to change my life. I am currently homeless I can work and learn I just need some help from people that have gotten in time with the earth and themselves.