How are extremly high doses of shrooms? What's the highest you've taken?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Silverbackman, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

Have any of you taken really extremely high doses of mushrooms? I'm not just talking about the normal 5+ (dried) gram high dose, I'm talking very high doses like over 10 (dried) grams or more. That would be a huge amount to the say the least......like imagine taking 15 grams of dried mushrooms......what would such a trip be like? Where would you go? I imagine it would approach the craziness of smoked dmt or ayawasca, though it might even exceed them in intensity.

Terrance Mckenna was talking about how he doesn't like going much more than 5 grams and that the few times he has been at the ultra-high doses he found that reality just was getting too quakier to experience.....and that the elves and entities were even telling him that he is the messiah and such, pretty out their shit! You could technically keep uping the dose since you would have to eat half your body weight to die (even a pound wouldn't be enough to kill you), so imagine how much a whole ounce (28 grams, dried of course of shrooms) would be. That would be off the roofs. where would you be?

Also what is the most you have taken? The most I've taken is about 4 grams, which is close to the beginning high dose mark and I enjoyed the 4 grams quite a bit and had no problems with it. In fact it's strange how I never have bad trips at these dosages....next time I plan to do the full 5-7 Mckenna dose and if that doesn't do much to me I'll slowly move my way up (well maybe).

2. stalk

stalk Banned

I ate 10 once and it just sucked.

You don't really go any further, in my opinion.

Everything just gets really fucked up and intense.

I've never benefited anything from taking that many mushrooms.
    It just makes everything cloudy and makes me want to die.

You can try and see for yourself.

3. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

Yah it must be intense, did you work your way up to that dose? What's the highest your comfortable with? The physical side effects are not present in me with the doses I've taken (nausea or vomiting in rare cases), did they become more prominent in you in high doses?

4. stalk

stalk Banned

They definitely become more prominent in high doses, like I said, I wanted to die.
    I knew better though.
    I knew in some time they would wear off....but still the pain was so menacing I prayed for death for hours.

I just ate them, one by one, and I was knocked on my ass in 20 minutes and didn't get up all day.

With all that said...
    I only need to eat a mushroom nowadays.
    I would be comfortable eating an 8th, but I don't need to.
    I would, though :D

O.O

5. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

the most i ever ate was eight grams. its not like you "go" anywhere out of body its just jacked up in intesity. i wouldnt recomend it you can get really confused pretty easily and things go south after that. long story short i pucked my brains out and for about an hour i was sure i was going to die. one of the scariest experiences ive had with drugs. in retrospect i wouldve much more enjoyed two 4 gram trips lol. ive done shrooms about 20 times and IMO i dont think its really nessesary to take more than 5 grams. i would say if you want to take it further increase your dose by no more than a gram each time. another thing is that mushrooms really do vary alot in potency. i took 3 grams once and it was nearly as powerful as when i took the 8 of another batch. i dont want to discourage you i just want to advise caution cuz its no fun to get in over your head with mushrooms.

happy tripping :)
    blitz

6. Trips509

Trips509 Member

First off let me begin by saying I don't belive in bad trips, i've never had one and I think it's all in your head, so i'm no afraid to dose high.
    My usual dose is 6 or 7 grams but once I took 15 to 20 grams dry just to see what it was like. Man that shit was crazy, it was by far the most visual trip I have ever had. As far as my way of thinking and stuff, it was like any other mushroom trip i've had. Nothing out of the ordinary, just thought about my life, friends, girlfriend, etc. Overall it was crazy though just because of the visuals, no hallucinations or anything just shit changing colors and very coplex designs in the sky and other cool stuff.

1 person likes this.
  7. ChuBBs78

ChuBBs78 Member

i dont see how someone can take 15 -20 grams....

8. stalk

stalk Banned

neither can I...
    god damn!

maybe of some of the psilocybe cubensis that grow on cow pies here...those mofos are HUGE and are not that potent.

9. PeaceAndRasta

PeaceAndRasta Senior Member

2-5 onces dont really keep in mind all the times i did it....

10. stalk

stalk Banned

wet cubensis?

11. PeaceAndRasta

yes.
    dried will be crazy!

12. stalk

stalk Banned

it's the same thing

might as well eat them fresh

florida cubes are not potent....

but they were my first psychedelic.

:D

love them to death

13. PeaceAndRasta

haha hell ya! *agree*
    ive heard that cubensis grow wild the most over fl, and thats where they first came from. but im not sure about that... im sure that this information is written down somewhere though...
    but there is the best weather over here!
    and i hope i would stay like that cause i gotta ride my bike to work.. ughhh!

14. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I've eaten just over that dried, and washed it down with a beer bottle of tea we made. And the weirdest part is, I've been more mind fucked from 3 grams of less potent mushrooms.
    What stalk says is true, you dont go any further the world just twists and contorts more violently, and you feel like your dying for a few hours. Id imagine the physical part is what dying from a poison would be like. Or maybe bleeding to death.

15. Trips509

Trips509 Member

Once my next batch grows I might eat a full ounce. The toxicity of these mushrooms is so low that you would have to eat pounds and pounds of them to even have a chance of dying. Thats not to say of course that it won't totally mind fuck you.

16. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

i took a half oz once and it was the most intense trip i ever had. at moments in the trip everything in the room felt like it was being pulled down by some intense force, like being sucked into a black hole, i remember holding on to the toilet for dear life. when i had this experience i was really not ready for it. although it was a great experience, most of the trip was me freaking out, i want to do it again some day cause i figure id be able to handle it a lot better. 10 hits of acid was no problem, nothing but intense love and harmony, i wish to have a half oz trip like that.

17. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

7 grams accidently

I took a eighth and 2 hours later I felt nothing so I took another eighth and then BAM it hit me like a ton of bricks

That was a messed up night of rainbow fire and for a few hours I I wasn't sure if I was santa claus or not.

18. SoulVibrations

SoulVibrations celestial viator

Whoa old thread! lol
    I ate 8 grams, not really on purpose but i had 8 grams sitting out and i just started eating, and ended up eating them all. It was a good experience, i felt absolutely disconnected from everything, i mean everything seemed foreign. It was like i was re-born all over again and everything was a new experience. It was cool but i usually stick to the 5 gram dose.

19. Didymos_Pael

Didymos_Pael Members

I procure my own shrooms so I have fresh, wet mushrooms available frequently. When I was just starting to experiment with psychedelics, I was taking Cymbalta, an SNRI. So I discovered that those drugs use the same pathways, so a higher dose is necessary compared to someone who is not taking those types of drugs. So one day I ate 70 grams of wet mushrooms. It's not as much as it sounds. I think I calculated based on weights and comparisons with my own shrooms, that it was about 5 grams dry. I had not yet had an hallucinogenic dose of shrooms and my best friend and I had his place to ourselves that day. I ate mine, he ate about 2g dry, and about 2 hours later we were like, "Is that it? When is this going to kick in?" We'd avoided using cannabis since he also had not used shrooms in about a decade. At that point though, we thought it was done and just wanted to veg out and salvage the day. So he whipped out some wax and we each took a big hit.

Now, I knew that cannabis had synergistic effects with psilocybin, but I did not expect what happened next. We both started tripping, hard. About 30 seconds after the hit, I realized I would have to sit down and would be "away" for awhile. I looked at my buddy who is in a wheelchair (cerebral palsy) and said "I'll see you later..." and sat down in the rocking chair.

A few moments later, there was no difference between the open and closed eye hallucinations. It was the same. I couldn't see the floor or the furniture to navigate the room if I wanted to, but I could still feel my extremities. I closed my eyes, and talked a little bit about Bill Hicks, who we'd been watching a documentary on. Suddenly I was sitting in front of a smallish stage, looking up at Bill Hicks over 20 years ago. I heard the whole set. The only thing, I hadn't heard some of the jokes before, and that whole set wasn't in the documentary.

That faded and I realized I couldn't feel my feet or my hands. It was like that prickling feeling when your limbs fall asleep, except that when the prickling disappeared, no feeling remained. The feeling (or lack thereof) moved from my toes and fingers toward my torso, up my neck to my skull. I was momentarily frightened but at the same time, all the pain I live with day to day was gone. From chronic injury to just normal soreness from being middle-aged disappeared and provided a calm as I began to accept that I was not me. I was not anyone. I was everyone. I could feel the love of everyone and everything but (and of course this is where description really fails), I was not an individual. I was the godhead. There was no outside or inside or time, there was just perfect, peaceful existence and total recall of everything that ever was or will be.

Here's what got to me a couple days later. In my twenties I studied Buddhism and worked with many Tibetan people. I asked a lot of questions about meditation and enlightenment. One individual described this total recall to me and said "When you have all of this knowledge, you don't care. The place you reach is Nirvana, pure bliss." He explained this is why great knowledge does not return with practitioners. You can't reach that state with an ego, and the ego is the only thing that cares about personal gain, including gaining that knowledge. This also jives with one DMT breakthrough experience I had. I did not have ego death with DMT during the realization that every question I asked in the place of knowledge I was, I already knew the answer to. As I would think the question, I would say to myself, "Of course, I remember. Nevermind."

In both my psilocybin and DMT experiments on myself, the place I reached was home. The state I was in was natural, and in that place, you start to remember. But beyond that place, it doesn't matter because your ego is gone, you are no longer an individual. "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

Whether psilocybin is "just a drug" is highly debatable at this time with the research available. It has helped me and many others, and my reasons for wanting to try higher and higher doses are to appease my curiosity. Something with such low toxicity and profound effects on the human psyche should be studied rigorously. And one day I hope to consume an entire ounce of mushrooms.

1 person likes this.
  20. pillowhumper

pillowhumper Members

Drugs are bad. I stay away from them.